Sign in to follow this  
Bregir

Bregir's CMF GoH series

Here is my entry to the GoH Anniversary Contest

16179782567_a86d0d96b9_c.jpg

Cedrica

Royal Guard of Cedrica

16365655815_1b697fface_c.jpg

With the King's whereabouts lost in the mists of the Revolword Wars, the Royal Guards of Cedrica are guarding an empty throne. Which may prove more dangerous than you should think…

Mitgardia

Northman

16178035618_50533786ff_z.jpg

Normally, he will be herding reindeer on the plains or icefishing on the frozen lakes of the far north, but when called upon to defend his homeland, he is a fearsome fighter. On top of this, his "moose-in-heat" battlecry is rather fearsome…

Dwarven Prospector

16178284900_51ae8dff20_z.jpg

Some say dwarves have a sixth sence for valuable minerals, while others say its all about hard work in the dark mines. The truth is likely somewhere in between.

Merchant Captain

16365658985_2e6f38646b_z.jpg

From the port of Thorshaven, this seacaptain roams the waters of Historica in an armed merchant vessel, shying away from nothing in the quest for fame and fortune. Well, almost nothing… Is that a seamonster?!

Nocturnus

Crocman Warrior

16179780017_2175367d6b_z.jpg

Born and raised in the Moruth Swamps of Nocturnus, this warrior navigates water as well as land. While undisciplined, he is fearsome in battle.

Cyclops Farmer

16365662945_ec0c561a27_z.jpg

While often overlooked in the annals of history, farmers are who keeps the armies marching. This cyclops farmer tends his crops as tenderly as any elf - Unless they bite back, that is.

Orc Warchief

16364761712_bec2efd3c7_z.jpg

Orcs tend to be the cannonfodder of any epic battle, but some do survive the onslaught. Those who survive enough battles to grow old, amass enormous experience and are often chosen as warchiefs.

Kaliphlin

Faqir

16179448729_4e0e7eb9f9_z.jpg

Living an ascetic life in the streets of Barqa, this faqir preaches his verson of the teachings of the Aslanic faith. He makes his living on alms and what passers-by pay to see the snake dance to his flute.

Gorrian Guardian

15743222934_8b04fec504_z.jpg

In the Jungle of Gorr the Abemen resides. The strongest and fiercest of their people are chosen as Guardians of the Jungle and taught to stop for nothing to protect their homelands. Although banana bribes seem to improve their civility…

Belly Dancer Assassin

15743226634_071fe04b7c_z.jpg

This beauty will enchant you with her moves and keep you entertained. But take care not to end up as a name on her contracts, for only few have lived to tell of her true occupation.

Avalonia

Plains Shepherd

15745686803_8f375653f0_z.jpg

From a young age, a peasant's son must take his part in providing for his family. This young boy tends sheep in Avalonian riverlands with the help of his trusty sheepdog.

Elven Wanderess

16365661495_9175fb550f_z.jpg

In the enchanted forests of the Mystic Isles, the elves dwell, living in perfect harmony with nature. Her eyes appears to be imposing a question upon your mind: Have YOU hugged a tree today?

Longbowmen Volunteer

16365659365_c5d152801f_z.jpg

When danger strikes the lands, the longbowman levy is called to man the walls. Trained twice a week since childhood, these archers are a force to be reckoned with. All of them will hit the mark at 300 yards. The best of them will split the arrows already sitting in it...

Drow

Drow Tunnel Runner

16364767002_59c18d3f29_c.jpg

The Drow tunnels under Historica are constantly patrolled by Tunnel Runners, who may also be carrying whatever communications Drow commanders pass between eachother. Most likely the newest recipe for root stew…

Varlyrio

Palace Guard Captain

16364761322_7e6a0a7f7e_z.jpg

The Rego is surrounded by his Palace Guard at all times. This Captain of the Guard keeps the soldiers in check and ensures that every piece of metal is newly polished and shiny. A flashy soldier is a good soldier, the Rego always said!

Wealthy Plutocrat

16364759212_5b6f5f1e33_z.jpg

The wealth of Varlyrio is based upon the hard work of the entrepreneurial bourgeoisi. These plutocrats rarely chose sides in times of conflict, as profits are best gained through neutrality.

I've had these sitting on the shelf since December, and seen a few of my ideas being used by others. (Great minds really do seem to think alike :tongue: ) Lego even stole my idea for a snake charmer in the newest CMF series! :wink:

There has been a lot of good entries so far - good luck to all!

Feedback is more than welcome!

Cool series Bregir! I think the orc warchief is my favorite, he looks kind of like the original Bolg design from the Hobbit. :thumbup: I'm not sure how well the merchant captain fits in GoH though... but he looks cool! :tongue:

Edited by Hammerhand

Nice series, Bregir!

I like the plains shepherd, the Drow tunnel runner, and the Varlyrian Palace Guard captain!

The northman, orc warchief, and palace guard captain are my favorites :thumbup: Lots of neat combos and background stories here :classic:

Great job Bregir - the plains shepherd, the Drow and the Orc Warchief are my favorites. I like that you incorporated a number of outside factions.

I like the Dwarven Prospector and the Faqir

The Belly Dancer Assassin is a great mash-up of CMF's

Nice Series! :laugh:

Thanks all - It is funny to see how people have very different favourites, although the shepherd appear to come out in pole position. One of my favourites too, maybe I should make a moc around him. In fact, I should probably build some mocs around all of them. :classic:

It's been a great inspiration to see so many great combinations in this context - really gets the creative juices flowing!

Nice series- great to see Cedrica and Varylio getting a look in! Favourite is the Longbowman volunteer!

Great job Bregir - the plains shepherd, the Drow and the Orc Warchief are my favorites. I like that you incorporated a number of outside factions.

Thanks, sirs. I am glad you like how I included other factions! To really represent Historica, I think they should have a place here. (And I see that some of the other entries have had the same idea! :classic: )

Cool series Bregir! I think the orc warchief is my favorite, he looks kind of like the original Bolg design from the Hobbit. :thumbup: I'm not sure how well the merchant captain fits in GoH though... but he looks cool! :tongue:

Thanks, Hammerhand. I haven't seen that design, maybe you have a link? :classic:

I see how the merchant captain might fit will in a more modern setting, but on the other hand, I don't see why a historican captain couldn't look like this - And he DOES look cool! :tongue:

Nice job Bregir!

I like the Elven wanderess and the Orc Warrior the best!

By the way, where did you get the Northman's torso? I haven't seen it before.

Thanks, RC :classic:

I think the torso is from the CMF highland warrior (Or whatever he is called) :classic: