papacharly

LDraw files of Jon Halls aircraft / render artwork “Great shot, Blon

I love the aircraft builds of Jon Hall, as well as I highly appreciate that he shares instructions. So I am able to virtually rebuild his aircraft and use it for rendering. Many thanks to Jon!

Here please find some LDraw files of his aircraft models:

Aircraft_1.jpg

E-11 Liberator Crimson Storm Skyhammer

Aircraft_2.jpg

Patriot Scarlet Fury E-73 Wyvern

In this context I proudly present my latest render: A group of E-11 Liberator getting attacked by some Crimson Storm. Please note: This is not a real air fight. It’s an airshow! So definitely no Lego Minifig was harmed or even killed while being engaged in this “air combat”.

GreatShot_800x600.jpg

Pov-Ray render. Props, muzzle flash and smoke, as well as sky and fog also generated with Pov-Ray (no “photoshoping”). Aircraft built with SR3D Builder.

High Resolution Image of "Great shot, Blondie!"

Have fun!

Papacharly

Edited by papacharly

Excellent render ! I love the motion blur effect on the rotor blades.

Have you planned to make more renders of dogfight scenes ?

Edited by Courleciel

not bad - I like WWll aircrafts (in my youth I was colecting/ making plastic models from Revell :classic: ), but without proper focal blur it's not much realistic, you should try that (you know the obvious: object further from camera are less focused compared to those closer to it... :wink: )

Have you planned to make more renders of dogfight scenes ?

Thanks! Actually I have no render plans for further dogfights. But I am always open for new ideas.…

, but without proper focal blur it's not much realistic, you should try that (you know the obvious: object further from camera are less focused compared to those closer to it... :wink: )

WHAT? IT’S NOT MUCH REALISTIC? *huh*:sad::cry3:

I used to use focal blur a couple of times. E.g. see here or here. But as rendering speed drops more than dramatically I usually do not take focal blur into account. Maybe I will give it a further try for the next rendering ….

To be more specific: Do you suggest using focal blur for the background (landscape) only or also for some aircraft too? In other words: Which part of the image should be blured?

Thanks! Actually I have no render plans for further dogfights. But I am always open for new ideas.…

WHAT? IT’S NOT MUCH REALISTIC? *huh*:sad::cry3:

I used to use focal blur a couple of times. E.g. see here or here. But as rendering speed drops more than dramatically I usually do not take focal blur into account. Maybe I will give it a further try for the next rendering ….

To be more specific: Do you suggest using focal blur for the background (landscape) only or also for some aircraft too? In other words: Which part of the image should be blured?

I mean focal blur for whole scene, so the aircraft in the front - the main one - would have the focus, and all, that is other planes, bg etc., would be blured depending on their position from the main aircraft

...so just to show you what I mean, this is one of my render with the extreme focal blur on the front vehicle (of course I am not saying my render should be a paragon for you, I am just showing you what I mean :wink: )

691512_640x360_001.png

+ yea, sorry, just now I look at your links: that is exactly what I mean :thumbup:

Hello all. I'm a noob to this forum! I can't remember the name of the program ( something...Manager?) that allows LDD parts lists to be exported as a brick link friendly file that I can load into the wanted lists en masse.

I am on a PC, not a Mac, so I can't use whatever that program is. If I asked one of you kind people with a PC to export such a list for some Jon Hall planes could you do so? Thanks!