On a scale of 1 to 5  

229 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• 1 - Poor
    • 2 - Below Average
    • 3 - Average
    • 4 - Above Average
    • 5 - Outstanding!

Great review! I finished mine this morning and agree with your pros and cons completely. The pictures are good, though I have to say even very good pictures can't capture the ship's aura. It just has a lot of personality that you need to see in person.

As far as the interior, it is definitely as described, but with the very tall back and the rear sail overhead, it would be hard to notice if the interior was better decorated. I was going to purchase the Captain's Cabin to spruce up the interior but now I am a bit hesitant since I might never notice again.

In any case it looks great and has a lot of personality. Given the piece count I think the price is reasonably for a licensed product. In comparing it to other pirate vessels, as my wife put it "It looks less Mardi Gras and more Halloween". It looks like a more serious rival for the Imperial Flagship than the BB or BSB in that sense. :pirate_skel1:

Great review! I think I'm going to wait to see the pics of the Black Pearl before I decide whether or not to drop the coin on this set. I'm glad that the 2x2 flags on the side aren't printed, they're much more useful to me in plain black.

I'll agree with just about everyone else in saying that the exterior looks fantastic, but the lackluster interior keeps the model from really measuring up to its $120 price tag.

It is a pretty ship though. Thanks for the review. :thumbup:

Thanks for the review, i am hanging out to get this set even more now! :pir-wub:

Thanks for the review brickster.

I really think as a set, it is better as a parts pack, or a good starting point for someone wanting to build a good ship. But, the original design is just not my taste, and the ship seems a bit overpriced.

As I have a couple pirate ships now, I may just stick to the small sets for the PotC line.

:jollyroger:

16.jpg

This one looks pretty much like a demotivator to me! :laugh:

Seriously, TheBrickster, you did a great job with the review!

Though as some people around I don't really like the ship very much. it's quite nice, detailed, the color-scheme is good as well, but it definitely is overpriced and I can't really see it being used somewhere outcide POTC theme.

Not to mention, that for me personally there are no minifigs that would make this set worth getting. Do I understand it correctly, when i think that it actially has only one esclusive character in it: the Chef, while others can be found in other sets?

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

Edited by The Penguin

Thanks a lot for your review! :thumbup:

The interior may be a little lackluster but that doesn't distract from the beautiful exterior :pir-wub: And the minifigs are top-notch (as always) :pir-laugh:

P.S.: Can you tell me how tall this beauty is? If it's any taller than 50cm my current plans for positioning it on my shelves are doomed :pir_bawling:

Thanks TheBrickster. What a great review. An absolute pleasure to read :thumbup:

And I really like the graphics you did to frame it all in. Perfect.

sure looks cool, the review was very helpfull, I'm a bit disappointed in the minimal rigging but I like the colors of the ship, I will either buy it or wait for the black pearl

Edited by Sebeus Iniwum

Excellent review TheBrickster! This really gave me a better appreciation of this much anticipated PoTC set. This might be the non-pirate fan in me speaking, but I do think it's a visually-pleasing set that is really great for display purposes, not to mention the very nice selection of new minifigs. This has been on my buy-list right from the very start, and my decision still hasn't change. If there will be a first Pirate ship that I'll ever own, I'm glad it's going to be this one.

The reviev it`s great and the ship it`s great too. Must have for me.

Only one dissapointment is of course stickrs for the glasses :pir-hmpf_bad:

I'm prety surprised that this set has an overall rating so far of above average and that most of the comments have been not to buy, wait until black pearl or wait for a sale. As I previously mentioned, I'm not a fan of the interior at the back at all nor am I all that pleased with an open cabin or the bland cannon use, but that does not detract me one little bit from the overall delight of the ship itself.

Apart from the IFS, I think this has to be one of the best ships out there now, it's extremely unique and well structured. The lantern definately has the wow factor for me and i'm loving the use of all those bones!

The only major flaw in the theme at the moment, for me, would be the lack of red coats. Hopefully this can be rectified sometime in the future, now that we have the IFS as the Dauntless, perhaps creating the interceptor in the future will balance this out.

I couldn't vote anything less than 5 - Outstanding! just an absolute must have, I wonder if anyone who actually buys the set will be disappointed?

Great review, fantastic photographs, very well presented. It's made me even more excited about recieving my one (should be here by Wednesday YAY)

Thanks for the review TheBrickster.

Nice review!

The Queen Anne's Revenge was definitely one of the sets I was looking forward to most from the PotC line. This review gives a very good and very fair account of what we can expect.

I too am slightly disappointed with the interior of the vessel; it's a bit sparse, without a proper deck, without extra cannons (it really should have that fourth cannon, if not five extra cannons!), and without an enclosed captains cabin.

However, my collection is primarily display based: I won't really be playing with this set, but mostly just admiring it on my shelve. For that purpose, it's an excellent set with lots of attention paid to the exterior details like the bones, skulls, lantern and figurehead. The masts could also do with some more rigging, but all in all none of this can't be fixed once I am able to buy it here in Europe.

What? Just three cannons? That is a joke. This ship have place for 10 cannons. I don't know. Three cannons without wheels... That is no good sign for the Black Pearl.

Come on LEGO. If your ships get no enough cannons than need your "Pic a Brick" -Onlineshop cannons. And grey or brown cannon-wheels!

:pir-hmpf: Oh-man, Blödhammel!

Awaiting this in the mail whenever B&N ships it out, along with The Mill :pir_laugh2: . Any chance you have Brickbeard's Bounty to compare this to (or anyone else that has both ships)? I'm not a pirates guy and the only pirate set I have prior to these POTC sets would be Brickbeard's Bounty.

If I would have had this ship during my youth I could have played with it for hours and days. It looks like one mighty evil pirate vessel with a high playability level. As a matter of fact, it looks more evil and wicked than any other Pirate ship LEGO produced so far. Now, being more a builder than someone who 'plays' with LEGO I like this ship for it's many useful new parts and awesome figures. A must buy for any pirate fan and of course for a Classic-Pirates.com Ambassador!

A must buy for any pirate fan and of course for a Classic-Pirates.com Ambassador!

Well - you all heard "The Man". Well said Bonaparte and I agree with your opinion completely. I've got her on the fireplace mantle at the moment, replacing an old wooden ship.

34.jpg

The dark red bricks along her sides really "pop" and match the sails nicely.

Her measurements are: 20" high and 26" long, compared to the Imperial Flagship which is 24" high and 29" long. She's only slightly smaller after measuring. I may take a side-to-side comparison picture later.

I think someone asked above:

06.jpg

Jack and Angelica's hair pieces are attached to their hats. Blackbeard's hat is not.

Thank you all for the comments. She looks much better up close vs. in the photographs shared in this review.

Hello,

thank You for the review! Compared with the early pirate ships 6285 and 6286, I am disapponted that Lego doesn't really spend parts on working out the hull more detailed (the same in set 6243, but 6243 was *really* poor.).

But Queen Anne has some really nice gimmicks (coloured sails, sceleton lantern, figures) making it worth buying. I think I will buy it and then do some modification on it...

Bye, Christian

This was on my wish list, but now I am not so sure. It's great looking, IMO, as a non-pirate fan, but one who got the Imperial Flagship and is a fan of POTC, but I agree that a lack of cannons + none available on PAB is disappointing. I also would add the decking MOD found elsewhere on EB.

Sort of up in the air now, but I'll probably get it. I also like the lanterns a lot, and can't figure out if it's a new dish piece or if the dish is over some new piece (there's a flat bottom under the dish)... other than that, I believe I have all the pieces necessary (if not the right colors).

PART 5

So, how does the Queen Anne stack up against everyone's favorite Imperial Flagship? Let's take a look.

Three inches shorter in length:

35.jpg

Four inches shorter in height:

36.jpg

Smaller, lighter ship makes her more maneuverable than the Imperial Flagship:

37.jpg

Not a whole lot smaller when looking at them side by side:

38.jpg

From a pigeon's perspective:

39.jpg

And lastly, in battle:

40.jpg

That was fun - perhaps I'll create some battle scenes. Wow! these ships take some floor space. Now I need some plastic water and some rocks. I can see how you pirate fans can really get into this. :pir-blush:

ugh...

That is a poorly designed ship, and too expensive. I think the BB was much better constructed. That whole back-end does not seem to be functional or very good looking. The red sails are nice, and I like that it is a full sized hull. Three cannons, for four cannon ports? that seems odd. Also, the lack of any kind of deck is odd too.

And the pricing for the line is just terrible. I thought PoP and Indy were a bit high, these prices are ridiculous. No set under 10 dollars might really hurt the line too. I am having a really hard time deciding if I can spend my limited lego money on such an expensive and poorly designed / priced line.

Pro - the minifigures look incredibly awesome.