Sign in to follow this  
WhiteFang

Bionicle Visual Dictionary

Hooray for the Bionicle collectors! :thumbup:

Although Bionicle is coming to an end this year, but it seems there is one last sweet surprise for our loyal Bionicle collectors whom have been staying true for the past decade and to commemorate this, it appears we have an upcoming detailed compilation under the LEGO line of Visual Dictionaries. This image was found at Brickshelf.

Bionicle_Visual_Guide_002.png

¡buıʞɐʇ ɥʇɐǝɹq ʇsnظ s,ʇı :ɥo: ¡ʞsɐɯ uǝpןob ʇɐɥʇ puɐ ˙ʇǝuɹǝʇuı ǝɥʇ sɐ ɥɔns ǝsןǝ ǝɹǝɥʍʎuɐ punoɟ ǝq ʇ,uɐɔ ʇɐɥʇ sʇɔɐɟ sɐɥ ʇɐɥʇ ʞooq ǝʌıʇıɯɹoɟuı uɐ ɥɔns ɥʇıʍ suɐɟ pɹɐʍǝɹ pןnoʍ bןʇ ǝʌǝıןǝq ʇ,uɐɔ ı ¡suɐɟ ǝןɔıuoıq ɹoɟ ןnɟǝsn os ǝq ןןıʍ sıɥʇ ˙pǝzɐɯɐ ɯɐ ı ¡ʍoʍ

Next time, don't make the "exclusive mask" a prototype from four years previous.

Make it the regular gold Ignika or maybe just the silver Ignika.

And maybe model the design after some previous BIONICLE books and say it's an encyclopedia, because there have been two of those.

That way it'd be slightly more non-unrealistic.

But only slightly.

Edited by Bfahome

Next time, don't make the "exclusive mask" a prototype from four years previous.

And maybe model the design after some previous BIONICLE books and say it's an encyclopedia, because there have been two of those.

But only slightly.

Nobody likes a critic. :tongue:

It was the Ignika in it's form from the VNOG.

Hopefully this will come out before Hero Factory is released, else bookstores here may never import it...

I'm not too keen for a junior encyclopedia, but I'll definitely buy it for the mask. :wub:

It was the Ignika in it's form from the VNOG.

Hopefully this will come out before Hero Factory is released, else bookstores here may never import it...

I'm not too keen for a junior encyclopedia, but I'll definitely buy it for the mask. :wub:

Someone got Fool'd. :grin:

Edited by The Alchemyst

And you find it so unbelivable to think they want to re-use the mold? If this is the best yet-to-be-released mask they had in stock, and favoured by fans, why would they have to make a simple recolour of an old one. That sounds less exciting to me.

But only slightly.

I think it's in line with the more recent Star Wars Dictionary. Seems like the same publisher got the job.

In the end, for the final (half) year of this theme, they probably decided to make something more eye-cathing, also for an older public, than the old comic-styled encyclopedias (btw, I never had one of those, so I'm just referring to the cover aspects :blush: ).

Moreover, it is probably in this format to give people just the sum of the sets' info, avoiding all the storyline complications. It looks more like a collectors' guide than a characters and events' encyclopedia.

LuxorV

(btw, I never had one of those, so I'm just referring to the cover aspects :blush: ).

I've got one of those. It's a nice enough book, but it focuses more on the story than the sets. I'd prefer this.

Why not? Based on the image found, I find it highly believable that DK Books could have gotten the license and continue to release LEGO Visual Dictionary on their behalf since Star Wars is selling like hot cakes and to remember the success of Bionicle among the younger generation. This is certainly a better way to conclude this theme in a nutshell.

Weird....I remember that idea back on BZP. (Wasn't there a discussion on here too before this?)

Anyway, this one reminds me of that fake book on building the Great Spirit Robot. :wink:

Quite an April Fools joke, guys. Despite being an unrepentant BIONICLE fan to the bitter end, and as much as I'd like some new BIONICLE merch even after the last of the sets, I couldn't help but laugh at this wonderfully convincing presentation. And the joke seems in good taste, too-- a great relief knowing how much some AFOLs loathe the BIONICLE brand.

Besides, as insubstantial as BIONICLE's final year feels, we got some hot BIONICLE merch last year. I still love wearing that BIONICLE hat I got, which is stylish while not as childish as your typical "kids' toy merchandise". Basically the BIONICLE fan's counterpart to that classic Space messenger bag.

Also, any BIONICLE fans who are let down by this being a joke, there's a real BIONICLE book just over the horizon... if you can read Polish. :tongue: Otherwise, just be happy with the web content and the online BIONICLE community.

Hooray for the Bionicle collectors! :thumbup:

Although Bionicle is coming to an end this year, but it seems there is one last sweet surprise for our loyal Bionicle collectors whom have been staying true for the past decade and to commemorate this, it appears we have an upcoming detailed compilation under the LEGO line of Visual Dictionaries. This image was found at Brickshelf.

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/uploads/mo...-1269851903.png

I wasn't fooled for a minute. :tongue: I automatically raise my skepticism to the max this day each year.

Seriously though, that's a really good edit. I like it. :classic: I'm not joking about that. :laugh:

-Toa Of Justice

P.S. It would be nice if this book were real though...

Edited by Toa_Of_Justice

That is above and beyond cruel. First bionicle ends and now you show a april fools joke of a FAKE bionicle book.

Worst day ever.

LegoGalactus

Hmm.

It seemed to be fake for a few reasons:

-A part of the "Tower of Toa" set overlaps Mata Nui.

-Assuming the image was supposed to be bordered, Mata Nui's weapon extends past that.

-No author or publishers?

-The "free mask" had a heavy outline, which made me feel suspicious.

-This was posted on April Fools.

Just pointing out flaws.:tongue:

If this was real, I wouldn't get it. It shows every set that I missed. :cry_sad:

I assume this is meant to be an obvious fake. Hence listing 'flaws' makes you seem a bit thick. But anyway.

It looks much better than the fan-made one with awful, awful grammar.

- Tilius

If this was tru, then I would be quite interested in getting that mask. But since it's a joke, there is no hope of that. :cry_sad:

It's a good idea, though.