Sign in to follow this  
robuko

A Katoren Barbecue

WZ13 build

16666761493_d863567768_c.jpg

The High Council's moving fortresses were strong, but they were heavy and slow. And made of highly flammable wood, in an arid desert where oil oozed from the ground. The Desert King's fire archers enjoyed the target practice, they just wished it could be more challenging. And last longer. They all went off for soju and karaoke afterwards.

Edit: I wasn't very happy with the composition so I have remixed it a little. If I was Ulandian, I would no doubt change the story, lighting, build and target square post deadline :wink: but we DK suppporters have honour. Here is my preferred image, which I think has better perspective and composition.

17110059949_17e5d80d24_c.jpg

Edited by robuko

Thanks LJ, yes it is based on your design. My reasoning was, Aymeri is the lord of Katoren, I thought that chibi design would look good in micro, and more importantly it didn't need any micro animals :wink: Imitation is flattery. I built it too tall though, it looks good on its own but it's too tall for the landscape. This build looks really different to the human eye compared to a camera, so I learned quite a bit from it.

Great idea to use the microfigs. This makes the proportions very stunning. And I really like the sphinxes in the backround.

This is a very good micro build. The terrain and especially the pyramids are wonderful. Yet another fiery scene...!!

Man, you are all in with the micro for this challenge aren't you? :laugh: This is yet another solid one too! :thumbup:

Thanks guys, I have to give credit to LordDan for the micro idea, and I tried to apply Captain Braunsfeld's sandscaping techniques, with limited success here. This was a hard challenge to get on the baseplate restriction, so micro seemed like the easy way out :classic: