Sign in to follow this  
Batbrick

Bat Minifigs 4!

Hello all, here I am back with so new Batfigs. I haven't been posting here much recently nor starting topics, but now that I've finished the Lego Batman game and got my affairs in order I'll be cooking some stuff up, as well as posting the next Interactive Apocalypse part soon!

First though i want to share my new Batfigs. Some characters you may know, others you may not, but please comment anyway! :classic:

Here we go then.

Tim Drake's new Robin costume:

alternate_robin_costume.jpg

This one is really simple but really effective I find, it also applies to any Robin who wore the red/black colours, basically an alternate costume like what batman has.

Dr Arkham:

arkham_doctor.jpg

I will admit I did take a portion of this idea form The Penguin. I haven't seen him for a while so I'll just say thanks for being an inspiration friend!

Arkham inmates:

arkham_inmates.jpg

Ah, nothing beats the orange jumpsuits:

arkham_inmates2.jpg

Gotta say I'm pretty pleased with this, I'm starting to treat the indy head as a generic face in my Bat world.

Crispus Allen:

crispus_allen.jpg

Crispus Allen is a black cop in the GCPD Major Crimes Unit. He works alongside Renee montoya, and both a pretty major characters in the batverse that work with batman on occasions, saving his life and even solving the case before him.

I cannot believe how long I've not realised this head was perfect for him. I always lamented it could've been Lucius with some differences, then after reading Gotham Central it hit me. The fact that he almost always wears orange glasses certainly clinched it :cry_happy:

Gotham Citizen V2:

gothamcitizen.jpg

I made her look a little less evil and cranky basically, as noted by Brainbox and several others last time.

Mr.Freeze's henchmen:

mr.freeze_henchmen.jpg

Ridiculously simple, but I love expanding a villains workforce. we also see more of my use of the Indy head.

Poison Ivy plant mutant:

poison_ivy_plant_mutant2.jpg

Her willing plant slave. I must say I'm pretty happy with him. I'm planning on making my own decal on the front as there is Dock Ock printing hidden behind him, as well as putting him in tan pant with sand green legs exposed to complete the effect.

Scarecrow's Fear Gas Can:

scarecrowgascan.jpg

Simple but effective. So simple in fact that I think I only posted it to compete with the size of my other Minifig threads :grin:

Ra's Al Ghul:

ras_al_ghul.jpg

I cut the decal out bad and will be rectifying this, but apart from that this guy is my personal favourite custom so far. As thought, the Speed Racer head works brilliantly, with the front wrinkles also working as those short hair goatee things he has, if a little short. So yeah, apart form the poorly placed on decal (which by the way, is a LOT more noticeable in photos than in real life) I'm very happy with him. And don't listen to Brainbox, Ra's doesn't have a moustache.

Group shot with Ra's, Talia and Bruce:

ras_al_ghul2.jpg

Oh and by the way, I don't care what anyone says, Ra's of the comics will always be ridiculously better as a character, villain and foil to Batman than in Batman Begins. Out of all the characters, Ra's is the one who I felt Nolan missed the mark with the most.

Eh, sorry for that mini rant. Comments appreciated and thanks for looking!

Batbrick Away! :devil:

I agree with your sentiments about Ras. He was always a great character with tons of depth in the comics and 90s cartoon. I think these figs are great and I know they would make an awesome addition to any LEGO Batdisplay (even though I don't collect the LEGO Batman line).

Nice work again mate. Ra's, like I said over in our thread, is great. Nice choice of head, and the group shot (dare I say family) looks good. New Robin is also great, I think I prefer his current costme to his old green one. I must have been released from Arkham then, as I'm not among the escapees (or perhaps I'm the mastermind... the Punster strikes again). As for the generics, well, we always need generics right?

I haven't been posting here much recently nor starting topics, but now that I've finished the Lego Batman game and got my affairs in order I'll be cooking some stuff up, as well as posting the next Interactive Apocalypse part soon!

I bet everyone's had a nice break recently, without us clogging up every thread we visit. :laugh:

Crispus Allen:

I cannot believe how long I've not realised this head was perfect for him. I always lamented it could've been Lucius with some differences, then after reading Gotham Central it hit me. The fact that he almost always wears orange glasses certainly clinched it :cry_happy:

Why didn't I notice that? :hmpf_bad:

Scarecrow's Fear Gas Can:

Simple but effective. So simple in fact that I think I only posted it to compete with the size of my other Minifig threads :grin:

Hmm... I'm sure I've seen something like that before... :wink:

And don't listen to Brainbox, Ra's doesn't have a moustache.

Well alright, technically it's more a whiskers-beard-thing, but it looks more like a moustache than a regular beard.

Impressive work, detective. :tongue:

I think the Robin outfit looks great, and I can really picture Ivy's goon having a leafy/mulchy-looking torso decal.

I'm not sure how I feel about Ra's Al Ghul's head though, to me it just looks like grimace lines rather than facial hair. I was thinking of using Karkaroff's head for Ra's, although can't quite make up my mind about the beard:

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?P=3626bpb253

Long time no see, Batbrick! ) :wink:

Great as always! ) All minifigs are of highest level as usual! ) :thumbup:

10/10

Good day, gentlemen! ) :sweet:

Very cool, Batbrick. I really like all of these minifigs. I particularly like your Ra's Al Ghul as well, as well as your use of the Indy head. I agree, the Speed Racer head fits him well. :thumbup:

Thanks SCG, glad the Speed Racer head works, as well as the Indy head as a generic: I thought I'd get butchered for that! :laugh:

I agree with your sentiments about Ras. He was always a great character with tons of depth in the comics and 90s cartoon. I think these figs are great and I know they would make an awesome addition to any LEGO Batdisplay (even though I don't collect the LEGO Batman line).

Thanks meschepers, glad you agree with me about Ra's, he really is a fantastic villain. Thanks for the compliment, I hope to keep my displa growing.

Nice work again mate. Ra's, like I said over in our thread, is great. Nice choice of head, and the group shot (dare I say family) looks good. New Robin is also great, I think I prefer his current costme to his old green one. I must have been released from Arkham then, as I'm not among the escapees (or perhaps I'm the mastermind... the Punster strikes again). As for the generics, well, we always need generics right?

Thanks BB1! As for the family comment, I take it you have not read Son of the Demon? I like the old Robin costume, but agree the new one is great, like a proper superhero costume. As for the Inmates, I couldn't include you because well, you're a yellow! :grin:

I bet everyone's had a nice break recently, without us clogging up every thread we visit. :laugh:

Oh yes, I'm sure they have! :laugh:

Why didn't I notice that? :hmpf_bad:

It it a very good fit isn't it? I just want to get a good suit for him to use now.

Hmm... I'm sure I've seen something like that before... :wink:

Huh, what do you know? I had forgotten about those minivigs. I'm not sure which I like better: trans can or black can?

They all look great! Is that Victor Zsaz I spy in the group of Arkham inmates?

Thanks, and no, I hvent done Zsasz yet, which one were you referring to?

Impressive work, detective. :tongue:

I think the Robin outfit looks great, and I can really picture Ivy's goon having a leafy/mulchy-looking torso decal.

I'm not sure how I feel about Ra's Al Ghul's head though, to me it just looks like grimace lines rather than facial hair. I was thinking of using Karkaroff's head for Ra's, although can't quite make up my mind about the beard:

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?P=3626bpb253

Thanks ED-209, I'm glad you commented on the Ivy Goon, I'm definitely making a torso decal like that. Thanks for the suggestion of that head, it does look rather appropriate. Not sure about the beard either, but it does look good. I guess I'll just have to wait for TLC's version :cry_happy:

I love the figs, I think i like the female in the marion dress best.

For Ra's Al Ghul torso you could use this torso:

http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/973px55

If you're a purist...

Thanks, I'm glad you like Talia in the dress. Sorry to say, while I do love that torso, it is nothing like Ra's would wear. Thankyou though!

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Thanks BB1! As for the family comment, I take it you have not read Son of the Demon?

No... but it was a somewhat tongue-in-cheek use of the phrase. Let's face it, they are sort of a family, whether Bats will admit it or not. :grin:

As for the Inmates, I couldn't include you because well, you're a yellow! :grin:

Funnily enough, I tried fleshie BB the other day, just to see what he looked like. How bizarre that he looks less like me than yellow BB does...

Huh, what do you know? I had forgotten about those minivigs. I'm not sure which I like better: trans can or black can?

Let's face it... they're both essentially the same. :laugh: