paulrobinson

Supercar 8070 to be discontinued soon?

I've had my eye on the 8070 and it's gone up in price from around £60 to £73. It's also old enough to be discontinued, I think.

Do you guys also think it will be discontinued soon?

Is it likely to rise in price after its discontinued? I gather it's not in the same league as the excavator and unimog.

Should I be worried about missing out on it?

The 8070 will be retired at the end of this year.

I wouldn't worry about missing out on it just yet. I would grab the 8043 now if you don't have it.

Edited by therealjustin

Cheers,

I already "panic bought" the 8043 for £127 after it started to disappear and go up in price.

Do you know if the average sets like this usually go for a high price, once discontinued, or can i expect to pick it up for around £70 early new year?

In Italy I saw 8070 for 80 euro, so I guess they are clearing shelves for 1h2013.

Wasn't the price MSRP 90 (or 99?) euros when it first came out? Nowadays I see it listed with a list price of 109 or 119.

I bought it when it came out as my first studless supercar, and it really doesn't seem that great compared to more functional sets like the bulldozer/unimog/crane trucks.

I finally built this beauty a couple days ago. Well, it took me a few days due to my work schedule. It's huge! The MSRP for this model is $119. Still up at LEGO S&H.

Is it likely to rise in price after its discontinued? I gather it's not in the same league as the excavator and unimog.

Should I be worried about missing out on it?

I think every model will rise in price after is has been discontinued. The higher the initial price, the more the price will rise eventually. Those are mostly the popular/flagship sets.

Should you be worried? Depends on how much you want/like it. I think it's a great model, but technically (pun intended) it's not a very special set. You should get your hands on a 8258 Crane Truck if you want a classic set which will be very expensive in the future. It's already been discontinued I guess.

You can still pick up the 8070 for a reasonable price somewhere next year.

Just my two cents :wink:

Amazon.de discounted it to 79.99 EUR - Its the cheapest price it ever was tracked at amazon.de - I just ordered a additional one to store :) I already own 2 of them and its perfect for custom supercar models

first, sorry if i'm replying to a month old topic. i honestly think 8070 would fetch higher price increase as compared to other old sets. but that's just my thoughts. anyway get it still if reasonable.

I made a steal on this set at the start of december. Amazon had it for roughly a bit more than 80€ and I "accidently" purchased it, when they gave an additional 20% off of ALL Lego, even on already reduced sets. If I had only realized that earlier. And I think it is an awesome set. Especially, if you take into account what I paid for it. It is a fun build and has a pretty good B-Model as well.

Though I am already crying over having missed out a good opportunity to get 8043 2 months ago. That would have been awesome. I could have gotten it for 100€. But then again, I managed to get 8111 for a very good price.

It was on amazon.fr for €65 last week. I should have bought a few of them...

I bought it few days ago and finally built it recently. I loved to build it and I just love it built. It's massive! Looks great! I know it has no crane in a boot, but hey, you can't please everyone ;).

I would not mind buying one more for storage or parts. So what is the cheapest anyone found? Europe/Ireland?