Sign in to follow this  
badboytje88

Saint Martin

5088906249_1f70f0b658_z.jpg

An old legend told in LEGO.

5088906169_fe763475ed_z.jpg

This is Matin of Tours. He lived a long time ago in Hongary. He was the son of a rich salesman. Ever since he was little he dreamt of becoming a soldier in the army of the emperor.

5089503802_e419ed6478_z.jpg

When he was 15 years old he became a soldier and joined the emperors army.

5088905959_089349bbe1_z.jpg

One day Martin rode to a big city. The weather was very bad, it was really cold. Martin wrapped his cloak around himself. His cloak was warm and cozy. Martin was in a rush. He wanted to reach the city gate before darkness would fall. On the way he met a poor man. The man didn’t have any shoes, no jacket and he wasn’t wearing socks. He was outcast. The poor man was very cold. “What’s the matter?” Martin asked. “Brrr”, the man replied, “I’m so cold and I’m hungry”. Martin thought for a minute.

5089503580_045eded378_z.jpg

He took his wallet and gave the man some money so he could buy some food for himself.

5089503440_eae2aefb98_z.jpg

Martin also wanted to give the man his cloak. But this wasn’t allowed. The cloak was part of his uniform and without it he wasn’t allowed to pass the city gate.

5089503342_1b854358a4_z.jpg

Suddenly an idea struck him. I’ll give him half of my cloak. So I can keep the other half of the cloak. He took off his cloak and cut it in half with his sword. One half he gave to the man and the other half he wrapped around his shoulders.

5089503226_216f09d662_z.jpg

The poor man was very happy. He had a cloak against the cold and some money to buy some food. He thanked Martin and left.

5089503122_0f7afc4817_z.jpg

And Martin? He rode towards the city gate, very content with himself.

5088905357_68ae9e6fb8_z.jpg

The leaders of the church were so impressed by Martins story that they decided to give Martin the title of Saint. From that day on he would be known as Saint Martin. Untill this day we still celebrate his nameday on November the 11th.

5089502874_8cabdb780f_z.jpg

The cast:

The outcast, two soldiers, Saint Martin, father, mother, a younger Martin, Priest

~Bart

Edited by badboytje88

...Untill this day we still celebrate his nameday on july the 11th.

Really? I thought it was November the 11th.. in our country it's always celebrated on that day.

Children pass the houses and (a bit like with Halloween)they sing something and get a treat.

Anyway, it's a nice story and you did a good job on this.

EDIT: Oh, you're Dutch too so you know how we celebrate it :laugh:

Edited by Admiral Croissant

Wonderful little comic! I've never heard this one before, so everything was new to me. Great way to present it, and the MOCs and pictures were simple, yet effective.

Nice work, keep it up. default_thumbup.gif