Sign in to follow this  
skyliner

EBAY SCAM: UCS Millennium Falcon10179 - £186.99 NEW

This cant be right?

26 SETs SOLD TONIGHT for £186.99gbp?

lego ucs 10179 M. Falcon

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160641702256&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:GB:1123#ht_753wt_1139

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LEGO-Star-Wars-10179-UCS-Millennium-Falcon-Brand-New-/160641799584?pt=UK_Construction_Toys_Kits&hash=item2566ff55a0#ht_753wt_1139

looks dodgy to me?

What u think?

The account was hacked 37 people paid and lost 186.99 with immediate payment before scam was exposed some one made £6731.64p!

It does indeed look to good to be true.

you would think so.

i will be spewing if it turns out legit! i have been scanning ebay for months looking for this set at a decent price.

Lol, it's obviously a scam.

Take a look at just his most recent sales: all private with people who have only a bunch of votes. Also, two of them have only joined in the last months, and often have bought small items with no particular valure or reason (come on, who the hell buys a tootbrush on Ebay??).

Either he decided to blow his cover and try the scam of his life, or his account got hacked a few days ago and he hastily bought some shit just to raise his feedback counter and go for the scam.

I'm 100% sure that those who will pay for those empty boxes (if they receive anything at all) will never get a refund because he will withdraw every single cent from his paypal account while they happily wait for the package (thanks, Paypal!).

Edited by kamigawa

This scam has been gaining ground lately. Sell enough small items to get ranked high enough, then go all out in a short period of time selling a bunch of high priced items at a huge discount. Cash out all the money and disappear.

Just think about it, who would have over 20 UCS Falcon's and then sell them for much lower than market value? Much less than they were originally worth back when they were on the market? If you fell for this then I'm sorry, but use your head.

if he has no proof of posting then you would get a refund. thats how it always works.

Oh, that can be circumvented very easily. Get the money through Paypal, send a bag of flour, then take away all the money from your Paypal account or linked credit card. Eby user protection kick in, Paypal checks the scam and declares that you have been scammed indeed. Paypal issues a refund, then sees he has already withdrawn everything. You are then told you are right but won't see a penny because his account is void.

You will then understand that Paypal's protection has a major flaw and means absolutely nothing unless the scammer is from your own Country and you can report him to the police with ease.

Look guys, I can vouch for this seller. I bought 2 UCS Falcons off him, 3 Cafe Corners, 2 Airport Shuttles and a Unicef Van - All for the price of a golden ticket and some magic beans. For realz. :wink:

(come on, who the hell buys a tootbrush on Ebay??).

Who the heck sells toothbrushes anyway? :tongue:

Look guys, I can vouch for this seller. I bought 2 UCS Falcons off him, 3 Cafe Corners, 2 Airport Shuttles and a Unicef Van - All for the price of a golden ticket and some magic beans. For realz. :wink:

Are you meaning you bought them off him and they were legit?

This seems like the same scam as the deathstar one currently running at £128 and free delivery from china or hongkong, seemed so tempting but then you look at their feedback and although its 100% its all for items for 1p and they have sold over x200 deathstars in 2 days, way too good to be true, just hope everyone gets money back as its never gonna turn up.

Who the heck sells toothbrushes anyway? :tongue:

Are you meaning you bought them off him and they were legit?

Oh no. no no no no no! I was just being facetious. This is the biggest scam Ive seen since that poor Nigerian prince emailed me wanting my bank details for Tax purposes. :devil:

The account was hacked 37 people paid and lost 186.99 with immediate payment before scam was exposed some one made £6731.64p!

Another deathstar listed for £129.31, ebay really need to sort this out.

I saw this last night and thought that it was too good to be true, although I admit that I was very tempted for a minute! The seller originally advertised 6 and these were all sold in about 15 minutes. It was strange though, they weren’t new to ebay, and the feedback I saw did look pretty genuine (odd items, over a decent period of time & UK based) :look: Ah well, I’m just glad that I didn’t get sucked in!

it just so happens i have 200 '7191's in the garage and i'm gonna sell them for £200 each, £20 shipping worldwide, i only accept paypal cash payments no credit cards!

i will post the ebay link here later!

:laugh:

Looks like this dude hunluan.1984 is listing them on the uk eBay. Both Millenium Falcon and death star at the very very cheap prices , as they say if it's to good to be true......

Haha what did these idiots expect?

Shopping online is a learning experience, don't be so critical on these people.

Edited by Donut

Shopping online is a learning experience, don't be so critical on these people.

Agreed - any one of us could have fallen for that. I know people who are so conscientious about scammers that they never consider buying anything they see on the Internet unless the seller is local and the transaction can be made in person.

it just so happens i have 200 '7191's in the garage and i'm gonna sell them for £200 each, £20 shipping worldwide, i only accept paypal cash payments no credit cards!

i will post the ebay link here later!

:laugh:

Where?! :tongue:*

*Even if it's cavegod, this is obviously too good to be true...

Sign in to follow this