Captain Zuloo

'Behind the Helm'

behindthehelmet%20copy.png

Hello, and welcome to episode #1 of Behind the Helm, a new initiative from Classic-Pirates.com that exposes the stories of Pirate LEGO fans all around the world!

Today, as Zuloo slips into his special interviewing armour, we are taking a look at one of our very own Classic-Pirates.com staff, our Vice Admiral, Zorro!

C-P: Hello Zorro, and welcome to 'Behind the Helm'!

Zorro: Hi there, Captain Zuloo, I am pleased to be here.

C-P: Good, good! Can you tell us a little about yourself and your interest in LEGO?

Zorro: Well, I only recently came out of my Dark Ages, and I refound interest after seeing Bonaparte's big Imperial Army. I already was an armybuilder but used Old Glory minifigs instead, now I changed to LEGO.

C-P: Where did you find Bonaparte's army?

Zorro: I found his army when Googling for Napoleonic Armies and I bumped into it, that is also how I discovered Eurobricks.

C-P: Ah, ok. And were you interested in LEGO before that much?

Zorro: When I was in my youth, lets say untill I was 15, which is kind of late, so you could say I have bricks in my blood.

C-P: Indeed, most of us true fans do! You seem to show quite an interest in Pirates, what sparked that?

Zorro: Well I was interested into Napoleonics and Pirates my entire life, especcialy to the soldiers side of the picture. I do not really know what sparked it, probably the old helmet I received from my grandfather has something to do with it.

C-P: Ah, a family piece eh? You are also a teacher in the ever-popular Eurobricks Reviewer's Academy. Could you tell us a bit about that?

Zorro: Well, I became a teacher in the Reviewers Academy to improve my writing and picture taking skills. Since then I fell in love with the Academy and I still visit it daily and try to help out as much as I can. Everyone that makes reviews should consider joining, since it is a fun place to be and the input from the teachers is really valuable

C-P: You spend a large amount of time doing things for Classic-Pirates.com too yes?

Zorro: Yes, absolutely, my job is to see everything gets done, together with my newly appointed Shipyard Master. Once in a while I write an article myself, but I tend to leave that to the now younger generation, since next to Classic Pirates, I also have to co-control the Eurobricks pirates forum, which demands some work as well. It was because Mister Phes took a break due to a lack of time and stress from work that I got my position, so I am doing my very best to do his job him in as many tasks as possible.

C-P: Well we all think you are doing a mighty fine job. And with that new Shipyard Master, you cannot fail! What do you think about the new Pirate line? Is it what you were hoping for?

Zorro: I was hoping for a new Imperial ship, but that seems to be lacking at the moment, on the other side I am happy with the new soldiers: they look amazing with their double prints and new shakos. So yes, I like the new line.

C-P: Well, I guess we can only hope that The LEGO Group will give us an Imperial ship in the 2010 line-up! How do you think the new line will affect Classic-Pirates.com and the AFOL community?

Zorro: I can only hope Classic-Pirates will grow even closer towards the both of them. I cannot foresee how that new line will affect the AFOL community though.

C-P: And where do you plan to take Classic-pirates.com in the future?

Zorro: I hope to reach the 20.000 unique visitors benchmark soon and I also want a good commited team to work on Classic Pirates

C-P: Where do you sit on those two?

Zorro: We recently passed 10.000 unique visitors per month in January and the team is awesome: that is a success already!

C-P: Excellent! And what do you think Classic-Pirates.com can provide the AFOL online community?

Zorro: Classic-Pirates.com is the largest and best online library where one can find and discuss everything about LEGO Pirates, and we will continue to grow!

C-P: It certainly shows no sign of stopping, that's for sure! And one final question, that I'm sure we have all been wanting to know (or is it just me?), where did your username come from?

Zorro: Its actually Spanish for the Fox, since I am called De Vos in Dutch which means the Fox in English.

C-P: Ah, very clever. Well thank you for joining me today Zorro and keep up your excellent work with Classic-Pirates.com, the Reviewer's Academy and the Pirate forum! All the best matey! Arrgggh!

Zorro: Thank you very much.

Hmm, looks weird, reading yourself getting interviewed, but I think you did a good job Zuloo!

great interview ^^ I didn't knew that CP had so many visitors! I also didn't know that zorro was a Shipyard master! surely because I don't have access to this forum XD ( as to the reviewer academy forum ^^ )

anyway, great interview of our foxy admiral! ^^

great interview ^^ I didn't knew that CP had so many visitors! I also didn't know that zorro was a Shipyard master! surely because I don't have access to this forum XD ( as to the reviewer academy forum ^^ )

anyway, great interview of our foxy admiral! ^^

Thanks, but

Zuloo is the Shipyard Master, I am the Vice Admiral, as we call it.

*yells from the audience* Needs more Hinckley jokes! (he pays me to say that) :pir-grin:

Interesting! Are you doing this like stauder used to?

Disclaimer: "Behind the Helm" is not to be confused with "EB News", "EB News Presents", "EB News Reviews", the "EB News Team" or me.

There might be a bit of similarity between Captain Zuloo and Staudie, but we'll be polite and not discuss that. :pir_laugh2:

It's interesting to see why other people are interested in LEGO and how they came to this forum. Every story is different, which I like.

Our Vice-Admiral is doing a nice job here on EB and I hope he will continue doing that for a long, long time.

The graphic with Captain Zuloo in his interview armour looks great. :pir-blush:

I've enjoyed reading this interview.

Nice interview guys! I think this is a great idea, and I would love to see more in the future.

Interesting interview, Does Phes intend on resuming his position of Admiral?

Interesting interview, Does Phes intend on resuming his position of Admiral?

No one, except for God and the man himself, knows that.

Aye, a grand interview me thinks. I 'ave many a story to tell, did i ever tell ye the one 'bout the sea cow beached on a reef?

Hey this is cool, getting to known the person behind the Avatar.

Looking forward to seeing more. :thumbup: