just2good

Legends of Chima 2013

From Brickset!

I'm curious on this one... as Huw pointed out, this is probably based off of Chima indians in Trinidad. Only time will tell.

Edit by Hinckley:

51vaXsJPUkL._SS500_.jpg

Thanks to zidane

New Pics.

gallery_2955_165_24208.jpg

gallery_2955_165_505.jpg

le_chimarazcalsrabengleitera.jpg

le_chimacrawleysreptiliengreifera.jpg

le_chimalennoxloewenbuggya.jpg

le_chimawakzwolfstrackera.jpg

le_chimaerisadlerjaegera.jpg

le_chimaequilasultrastrikera.jpg

le_chimalavalsloewenquada.jpg

le_chimacraggerscrocbootzentralea.jpg

le_chimaultimativesspeedorzturniera.jpg

le_chimascheibenschiessena.jpg

le_chimanestspringena.jpg

le_chimafeurringa.jpg

le_chimafelskegelna.jpg

le_chimaeisturma.jpg

le_chimadschungeltorea.jpg

le_chimachiwasserfalla.jpg

8440531310_3b5da0151a.jpg

8440534308_99d110d153.jpg

8439443461_cd41686cd4.jpg

8439446189_b7f27249bf.jpg

8440564830_c2aff7a59c.jpg

8439478945_7593f819f3.jpg

70007 Eglor's Twin Bike

b_70007_box_side_800.jpg

c_70007_detail_1_800.jpg

70008 Gorzan's Gorilla Striker

b_70008_box_side_800.jpg

c_70008_detail_1_800.jpg

70009 Worriz's Combat Lair

b_70009_box_side_800.jpg

c_70009_detail_1_800.jpg

70010 The Lion CHI Temple

b_70010_box_side_800.jpg

c_70010_detail_1_800.jpg

Edited by Peppermint_M
Added Pics

Would this be the big new theme to replace Ninjago?

Personally, I don't think so. It has to be more action packed. I think Speedorz will be, but that wont be as successful as Ninjago judging by recent Racers, Speed Racer, and World Racer sales. :tongue:

Edited by just2good

Can we be sure that this will be a new theme at all, and not just eg. a subtheme of Ninjago?

Can we be sure that this will be a new theme at all, and not just eg. a subtheme of Ninjago?

Good point. The only thing is that the next year Ninjago subtheme is pirate-oriented and it is supposedly ending next year. It would be weird if they had two new subthemes in one year, even if one is the Winter/Spring subtheme, and another is the Summer/Fall subtheme. :wacko:

Edited by just2good

Whatever it is, I am leaning toward it being a new historical theme and not an action theme. It would be very logical, with LOTR being the Castle type theme currently and no new Kingdoms news. A new original historical theme that is not designed around Castle I think would be emmensely popular that many have been wanting for years. The last original historic theme that wasn't Castle (which I guess includes Ninja) or Pirates, I believe was Western.

So some diversity would be highly appreciated. :cry_happy:

Whatever it is, I am leaning toward it being a new historical theme and not an action theme. It would be very logical, with LOTR being the Castle type theme currently and no new Kingdoms news. A new original historical theme that is not designed around Castle I think would be emmensely popular that many have been wanting for years. The last original historic theme that wasn't Castle (which I guess includes Ninja) or Pirates, I believe was Western.

So some diversity would be highly appreciated. :cry_happy:

I am completely agreeing with you. But I really hope this is an Asiatic theme and that's a typo of the word China. I just really don't get why TLG would base a theme off some Trinidad and Tobago Indians. :sceptic:

Sounds like a Heroica board game to me. Waldurk Forest, Caverns of Nathuz, Legend of Chima..

I doubt it will be a board game as I'm pretty sure the theme is canned. The most recent ones (beside Battle of Hoth) didn't seem to have sold well, and some seem to be cancelled (P&F and Maya Mystica).

I doubt it will be a board game as I'm pretty sure the theme is canned. The most recent ones (beside Battle of Hoth) didn't seem to have sold well, and some seem to be cancelled (P&F and Maya Mystica).

Well they do have the new Hobbit game coming out, so who knows...

I am completely agreeing with you. But I really hope this is an Asiatic theme and that's a typo of the word China. I just really don't get why TLG would base a theme off some Trinidad and Tobago Indians. :sceptic:

Bear in mind they based a lot of the Bionicle mythology off Maori legends and culture, hoping no-one would notice. You'd think they wouldn't make the same mistake twice, but...

...well, here's hoping they're not going to.

I seriosly hope that Legends of Chima will be a historical theme not a replacement for Ninjago,I hope it will include indians and spanish conquistadors,that would be awsome and finally we would get a new historical theme.

The games "theme" isn't canceled. It's being streamlined containing fewer and, hopefully, better games. And I think Maya Mystica weren't canceled it was redesigned into that the Hobbit game.

I'm thinking this might be a new Pharaohs Quest type theme, But LOTR343, if they do use conquistadors they could use some parts of the upcoming conquistador CMF.

Sounds interesting. Maybe it's Lego's next attempt at an MMORPG again? I understand they're releasing another and we've not heard details yet - or have we? I'm a little out of the loop on this. Even if it is a game, there's no reason LEGO couldn't make sets to accompany it.

I think it's a bit early to even assume that this is a new theme, let alone that it belongs in the historic themes section. If it is a theme, it could be any type of theme, be it an action theme, a historic theme, or even an action figure theme. But it could just as easily not be a theme at all, and instead be a game or movie, like Life of George or Clutch Powers. In fact, it's far too early to even assume that whatever "Legend of Chima" is will in fact be released in 2013, since we haven't seen anything about this besides that Lego has trademarked the name. It could be due in 2014 or later, for all we know.

The games "theme" isn't canceled. It's being streamlined containing fewer and, hopefully, better games. And I think Maya Mystica weren't canceled it was redesigned into that the Hobbit game.

I forgot about the Hobbit game. I guess the theme isn't completely canned. Have LEGO board game names been copyrighted before?

I'm thinking this might be a new Pharaohs Quest type theme, But LOTR343, if they do use conquistadors they could use some parts of the upcoming conquistador CMF.

yea the conquistador from series 8 is a pretty decent fig they could use something simiral if the theme is indeed based on my theories.

this is probably based off of Chima indians in Trinidad.

I would be shocked if it was based on the Trinidad myths. Seems way too esoteric for a successful line. Have anyone you heard of Chima before this post?

Sounds vaguely Asian to me.

Steve

I think it's a bit early to even assume that this is a new theme, let alone that it belongs in the historic themes section. If it is a theme, it could be any type of theme, be it an action theme, a historic theme, or even an action figure theme. But it could just as easily not be a theme at all, and instead be a game or movie, like Life of George or Clutch Powers. In fact, it's far too early to even assume that whatever "Legend of Chima" is will in fact be released in 2013, since we haven't seen anything about this besides that Lego has trademarked the name. It could be due in 2014 or later, for all we know.

I concur.

I don't understand people speculating on this(or Speedorz) by saying it abounds interesting or not. You can't tell anything by the name. Sure, with this we can assume it will be some type of Indian theme, but unless you really don't like Indians, then how can this be uninteresting. :wacko:

And why can't it be based on the Tridinidad Chima legends?

No one of us had ever heard it before, so I guess the kids nowadays haven't either...

So if it was a theme about Chima indians, it would be awesome as it is ages ago since Lego did made Indians... And this also can mean that we finally will have the Imperial Armada back!

For me, it would make perfect sense...

But then again.... TLG never used the name of a certain tribe in their themes... And as far as I know there is no movie or serie coming out with these Chima-Indians...

Also "Legends of" sounds much more Asian or Oriental to me then native American...

Also it would make perfect sense if it is just a new brick built game...

edit:

Or is it just based on the stories of autor Cinda Williams Chima?

Edited by DaMaximus