Sign in to follow this  
JimBee

SWCG: End of season one

Share your opinions!  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Did you like the first season of the SWCG?

• Yes, a lot
    • Pretty good
    • Maybe...
    • Not really
    • No, not at all
  2. 2. Were you satisfied with the posts of the players?

• Yes
    • Sometimes
    • No
  3. 3. Were you satisfied with the behavior of the leaders?

• Yes
    • Sometimes
    • No
  4. 4. Did you like the format?

• Yes
    • No
  5. 5. Would you like to see another season?

• Yes
    • Maybe
    • No

Hello, as some of you ay know, the first season of the Star Wars Comic Game is now over. I certainly had a lot of fun playing it, and I'm sure the other players did as well. But did you like it? Were you satisfied with the posts and behavior of the players and leaders? Did you like the format? (Meaning the "make it up as we go along" type format). And, would you like to see another season?

We (the players) would highly appreciate it if you could share your opinions on this game, as well as constructive feedback for improvements. Thanks very much! :pir-classic:

I've had a great time in the 3 chapters i've been apart of.

Voted yes, sometimes, yes, yes yes. in poll order.

I certainly had a lot of fun playing it, and I'm sure the other players did as well. But did you like it

Yes I did, i found out i'm quite creative and can tailor my imagination to fit the story.

Were you satisfied with the posts and behavior of the players and leaders?

On the whole yes. There are a few posts that didn't really add much to the story and the whole story was filled with plot holes. Some sideplots never really went anywhere though and some were abandoned after the chapter.

My least favourite chapter would have to be chapter 3. It took a while to really get anywhere for the first half and there was too much Mary sue-ism. :pir-hmpf_bad:

Wasn't a big fan of the ending either :pir-sceptic:

Chapter 2 was my favourite (slightly bias) but the most interesting things happened, (Bequin, Utapau crystals, actual reveal of the time machine.)

Jim and later Oky as well handled the whole thing spectacularly. so they deserve praise for it

Did you like the format? (Meaning the "make it up as we go along" type format). And, would you like to see another season?

Yes and YES

The only thing I can think of is that get rid of the mandatory pics per chapter rule. some people don't have the skills/parts or the time to create something.

Edited by simonjedi

I voted Yes,sometimes,yes,yes and yes.I was very satisfied with the way you and Oky solved problems and the like,am just itching to be part of the 2nd season,most of the posts were useful(Especially Chapter 3,wich went by pretty fast IMO) but some were useless and didn't advance the story at all,LOVED the 1st season,and the Format was great.

But I noticed that there was at least one vote for the bottom on each part. . . . . . . . . :pir-look:

I loved it! Even though I joined only for one season, it was really fun to get your imagination out! :pir_laugh2:

Thanks for the replies so far. I'd also like to say that this is for everyone to vote and share opinions in, not just the players. And for those who voted "No" to some of the questions, I would appreciate it if you told us why, so we can improve. :pir-classic:

I have been playing the SWCG since the beginning and enjoyed the first season very much. :pir-classic:

I wasn't always satisfied with other players' posts. There were a lot that were too short and didn't add anything to the story. There were also posts that didn't make any sense, which sometimes was a result of confusion about earlier posts. In the next season, such confusion could be prevented if players would be more specific in their posts. Also, there were times when I didn't see nearly as many pics in posts as I would have liked to see, but I can't blame anyone for not having the time to go through all the trouble of setting up a scene, taking a pic of it, uploading it to a image sharing website, and posting it in the game.

I was satisfied with Jim as a leader. :thumbup: He kept the game going pretty well without interfering too much at all. And I was quite satisfied with my own behavior as co-leader as well. :pir-grin:

I liked the format and wouldn't have it any other way. If we wouldn't make it up as we go, it wouldn't be a game IMO.

However, planning plot developments a little ahead of time proved to be quite useful. :pir-wink: I think that should be encouraged in the next season.

There is one thing that I wasn't very satisfied with, though: The variety of characters. The average character seemed to be some kind of clone commander or republic agent with self-taught lightsaber wielding skills. :pir-sceptic: In fact, more than half of the players seemed to have used a lightsaber by the end of the game, but none of them was an actual Jedi. :pir-hmpf_bad: If there is to be another season, I'd suggest that there should be a rule against changing your mind about not having a lightsaber in the middle of the game and mysteriously acquire one along with the skills to use it. :pir-hmpf: If you want to use a lightsaber, you should say that you are a Jedi or somebody trained by one from the beginning. :pir-sad2:

Also, by the end, it was kinda hard to visually differentiate each player out of a group. But that was mostly due to the fact that most of us were wearing clone armor, which is no crime of course, considering it's the Clone Wars. :pir-tongue:

If enough people are (honestly) interested - which seems to be the case - I would love another season! :pir-sweet:

I only started reading it towards the end, after I joined, and I was most certainly intrigued. If you do a season 2, count me in. As long as I can be some kind of bounty hunter or mercenary.

The only thing that irked me was the ending. It's one thing to go back in time and prevent the deaths of all your friends, (common sense) but the fact that it's at the very beginning of the story, so none of it happened was a little bizarre, to say the least. But I suppose on some level, this way the Star Wars Comic Game can go on for longer, if they're back at the beginning of the war.

Overall I can't really complain. From what I read, (Not all of it, keep in mind) the leaders and participants were good at keeping things in order.

I voted yes to all of them to.

I liked most of all that the story went along as we posted and you could either has a massive battle take place, or sneak in quietly. You could alter the story (As long as it wasn't something like, "I go to make friends with the bunnies in the garden.") as much as you wanted.

Heres hoping for a season 2.

How long is this "break" going to be Jim?

Quite a while... if ever. There really isn't a good plot right now, otherwise it would be a rip-off of the CW T.V show... We'll just have to wait and see...

I could moan about its the endings fault, but its getting old now :pir-tongue:

How about a new type of battle droid or a ancient sith artifact, just as ideas from the top of my head.

YES to all. I have a couple of side plots to finish though. Will there be another post were we can discuss the new plots etc?

I've pinned this topic and unpinned and closed season one. Once season two starts, I'll unpin this and pin the new game thread...

YES to all. I have a couple of side plots to finish though. Will there be another post were we can discuss the new plots etc?

Hmm, as of now, no. If there is a season 2, side plots will probably not be allowed, because they usually end up going nowhere.

I've pinned this topic and unpinned and closed season one. Once season two starts, I'll unpin this and pin the new game thread...

Thanks! :pir-classic:

My plots will lead somewhere, I assure you! I'll tell you later.

The only thing that irked me was the ending. It's one thing to go back in time and prevent the deaths of all your friends, (common sense) but the fact that it's at the very beginning of the story, so none of it happened was a little bizarre, to say the least. But I suppose on some level, this way the Star Wars Comic Game can go on for longer, if they're back at the beginning of the war.

That's exactly what I thought when I created this type of ending! It may not make a lot of sense or make the whole season seem "obsolete", but it's better for the game. Sorry to hear that you didn't like it, though.

I could moan about its the endings fault, but its getting old now :pir-tongue:

You're right. It is getting old. :pir-hmpf_bad: So, please stop it and get over it! :pir-hmpf:

How about a new type of battle droid or an ancient sith artifact, just as ideas from the top of my head.

Both ideas sound pretty good!

Hm... an ancient Sith artifact, you say? You mean, like, something that will give Dooku and Palpy ultimate power or something? Sounds interesting, even though it seems a little IndianaJones-ish. At least it would be something different than some kind of super weapon or other piece of technology which is usually the center of a SW story.

I don't know about the "new type of battle droid" idea, though. It seems a little... ordinary. Besides, we already have Super Battle Droids, droid commandos, and MagnaGuards, which already are top-of-the-line battle droids. And we already have droids that are nearly indestructible, like Destroyers (aka. Droidekas), and droids that have cloaking devices. So, what else is there to create? A droid that has all those abilities and is called "Ultra Battle Droid"? Sounds a bit cheesy...

If we go with another super weapon to stay in SW tradition, we could go with something like this. :pir-laugh:

I've pinned this topic and unpinned and closed season one.

Aw man! I wanted to post a summary of Chapter 4 in that thread! :pir-cry_sad: Couldn't you just leave it open for a little bit? :pir-sceptic:

Also, there were requests for a summary of the entire season. I am ready to make one, but where should I post it? :pir-look:

If there is a season 2, side plots will probably not be allowed, because they usually end up going nowhere.

That's good. I was going to complain about some players going solo for too long during the last season, but I forgot. Glad it's being considered.

Season 2 ON!

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

EDIT: Sorry for the doube post. The stupid server is not working at all right now and I have trouble posting. :pir-hmpf_bad:

EDIT 2: Btw, I removed the SWCG Ch.4 promo pic from my sig and replaced it with a link to this poll. I think everyone should do that since Season 1 is over and we don't want anyone to join it right now. When (or if) season 2 starts, we can start advertising the game again.

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Oky , I think your signature is too big now... Anyway, I will do the same :pir_laugh2:

Oky, why dont you make a thread only containing the 4 chapters and the overall summary. Than you ask Hickley top lock it? How about that?

Edited by pr0visorak

Oky , I think your signature is too big now... Anyway, I will do the same :pir_laugh2:

Oky, why dont you make a thread only containing the 4 chapters and the overall summary. Than you ask Hickley top lock it? How about that?

Hm, I hadn't thought about that. That's a good idea actually! I guess I'll do that. Thanks. :pir-classic:

But why should I lock it?

Hm, I hadn't thought about that. That's a good idea actually! I guess I'll do that. Thanks. :pir-classic:

But why should I lock it?

It can be like a viewing place but you can dont lock it if you want. But if you do lock it than you can creatse another thread for people to post in :pir-classic: But after thinking about it I would go with the dont lock it idea :pir_laugh2:

Edited by pr0visorak

Creating an index would be a great idea for this project...

Creating an index would be a great idea for this project...

Index for what? :pir-sceptic:

Index for what? :pir-sceptic:

The Star Wars Comic Game, you dolt. You know, what this topic is about. Create an "index" for it. You know what an index is? They're all over the place. Links to all the separate parts in one place. :imperialguard_commander1:

The Star Wars Comic Game, you dolt. You know, what this topic is about. Create an "index" for it. You know what an index is? They're all over the place. Links to all the separate parts in one place. :imperialguard_commander1:

I know. :pir-hmpf_bad: I'm just not sure which "separate parts" you are talking about. Do you mean the first post of each chapter?

Great idea :pir_laugh2: But Oky I suggest you finish the season 1 and chapter 4 summary first...

Yes, yes, I'll do that. But right now, I'm very busy, so give me a week or so and I'll post them.

It's gonna be hard to summarize all that has happen in this season in a few sentences... :pir-look:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Sign in to follow this