Sign in to follow this  
rongYIREN

All New Rescue Chopper

Hey Everyone!

**edit**

Reworked the chopper a bit and gave it a slightly new role as well as name.

Being that the aircraft was really too small to take on any "rescued minifigs" it has now been designated as a spotter.

So 'Rescue One' now becomes the 'Sentinel'

I may in the near future redesign it a bit to accommodate a winch and to hold rescued figs.

Oh, and the cockpit has now been redesigned to fit a minifig.

Hope you enjoy - any feedback is welcome!

8097276932_0ace5dedf2.jpg

Here are also the two previous incarnations

8097563014_48130c9933.jpg

First Prototype

8097553303_6dd13cce58.jpg

Thanks,

rongYIREN

Edited by rongYIREN

This is definitely my favorite version :thumbup: The new engine/wing design looks much better and the ability to fit a whole minifig is fun :classic:

I really really like your Desktop Aircraft series - the concept is very unique and fits both the kids (playability) and AFOL (display) demographic. The aircrafts are well-designed in all their chibi-like scale goodness with their sleek SNOT finish and cool working features. And the presentation is top-notch too! I think this is worthy to be supported in CUUSOO. :thumbup:

As for this Rescue Chopper, I really like the futursitic design and the color scheme is consistent with LEGO's orange rescue team sets. Though I do wonder how such a small aircraft can performa rescue operations, or is it just for searching purposes (hence small but very mobile) and a separate bigger rescue craft will do the transport duties?

This is definitely my favorite version :thumbup: The new engine/wing design looks much better and the ability to fit a whole minifig is fun :classic:

Thanks a lot. Yeah, the whole purpose of the redesign was to fit a minifig. It bothered me that the previous versions just had what amounted to half a fig.

Really cool looking.

Thanks! :classic:

I really really like your Desktop Aircraft series - the concept is very unique and fits both the kids (playability) and AFOL (display) demographic. The aircrafts are well-designed in all their chibi-like scale goodness with their sleek SNOT finish and cool working features. And the presentation is top-notch too! I think this is worthy to be supported in CUUSOO. :thumbup:

As for this Rescue Chopper, I really like the futursitic design and the color scheme is consistent with LEGO's orange rescue team sets. Though I do wonder how such a small aircraft can performa rescue operations, or is it just for searching purposes (hence small but very mobile) and a separate bigger rescue craft will do the transport duties?

Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it. And I totally agree with you. I wasn't really sure of its actual role because it's just too small to really carry any rescued minifigs. Perhaps the role I can give it is more of a 'spotter' and as you suggest, a larger vessel can move in to do the rescuing. I'll rework the photoshop file tonight to reflect the role change.

Dude, you're on fire with these. I love how each one has it's own distinct role/color scheme, but they all are obviously from the same 'family'.

Totally AWESOME 'rongYIREN', cool believable design and great colours......keep bringing them on and Brick On Fly On 'rongYIREN' ! :classic:

Dude, you're on fire with these. I love how each one has it's own distinct role/color scheme, but they all are obviously from the same 'family'.

Hey, thanks man! you know, I think one of the biggest things that give them such a unifying feel is that cockpit canopy, it's the same in everyone.

Totally AWESOME 'rongYIREN', cool believable design and great colours......keep bringing them on and Brick On Fly On 'rongYIREN' ! :classic:

Thanks for the support! :sweet:

I like the wings on both sides! :blush:

Great shape! :thumbup:

Thanks, I almost didn't add the wings but changed my mind at the last moment.