Sign in to follow this  
MicVash

ZOIDS -- Brickshelf Find

I was just browsing through Brickshelf and stumbled upon this great find. If any of you are familiar with "Zoids" you will really love this. Zoids is an anime based show that was featured in different seasons and storylines in not only Japan but the USA on Cartoon Network. Although I have mentioned before that I hate anime, the mechs in this series are just too sweet not to like. All the mechs are based on an animal, whether extinct, alive, or mythical. You can read more about it through this wikipedia article here.

Anyway, here are the pics. You can click on the links to go directly to the wikipedia article if you'd like to read more. These models are not minifig scale (that would just be too massive), but are some very very detailed microscale models. Again MOCs by kyoupon.

Here is Liger Zero.

0-0-zoids-0.jpg

And here is Shield Liger.

0-0-zoids-1.jpg

Kyoupon's brickshelf gallery here. If you go "up" he also has many more japanese models.

ENJOY! :-)

Wow 8-
Edited by iamded

Man, I remember watching this as a kid!

To Darful, Zoids was a japanese TV show that features battling teams of Robot Animals like Lions, wolves, birds, and dinosaurs. They came out with Model kits like those in Gundam series as toys.

That guy's models are really spot on to the shows, robot or human!

Robot animals on!

Edited by AgentRick57

Hey... I remember this old show. It died in CN a few years ago, right? The first episodes were good.

As for the mechs, really good. The Liger's claws need fixing, but other than that, he's great. The sheild liger, I think, is even better. *wub*

Will

He's got some really nice creation indeed.

I never new it was an anime, though... A freind of mine used to have all those model kit. I remember a huge motorised gorilla... Took us days to build it correctly :-D

He stated that, and provided a link to a wikipedia article about it. ;-)

These are pretty cool, I don't ever recall watching the show but the naems are strangely familiar. *wacko* Anyway, these creations are neat, compact, and built well. Great find! *y*

~Peace

Oops :-$ :-$ sorry :-$

Thanks Iamded

General Tarful

Amazing, aren't they? *y*

I saw them last week, but didn't have time to post. Thanks, MicVash.

Btw, I *wub* Zoids and got 4 (Gojulas Giga, Berserk Fury, Buster Eagle and Rayse Tiger *wub* ) during my Dark Ages. A bit modular like LEGO :-$

LuxorV

Edited by LuxorV

Thanks for adding these new pics, AgentRick57 :-)

I *wub* the Zero Panzer; it's always been one of my favourites!

LuxorV

Wauw - awesome.

I wish I had the talent to do something like that.

All I do is collect SW...mostly

KimT

Those are awesome, especially Death Saurer! Thanks for adding them, AgentRick57!

~Peace

Today I found a little free time, so I built a Zoids model with LDD, being inspired by this tread :-$ .

What do you think of my Leoblaze?

Standard red version (Zan's Leoblaze):

leoblaze_001.jpg

White version (Double Arms Lizard Version):

leoblaze_002.jpg

Unfortunately, the LDD won't allow me to upload it on LEGO.com, because I used pieces from 2 themes |-/ .

Enjoy

LuxorV

Good guess, but I believe that is actually the Gojulous Giga.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gojulas_Giga These are great finds nonetheless! *y*

I'll have to agree with you, Dark Sword. Nice observation. The big give away is simply the size comparison between the liger. Gojulous Giga was supposed to be massive. Also, I think he only builds the more powerful zoids or, "Wild Zoids", such as the Ligers. So, Gojulous Giga would definitely fit that description.

To Luxor V: Nice work! It doesn't look complete to me though. It looks more like a chassis with some armor on it. Perhaps you could beef your model up a bit more. Add some more color to cover all those joints and that spine.

To AgentRick57: Thanks for posting more pics! I wouldn't have realized he made this incredible update without you!

Sorry guys, but I must correct you. That's not the Gojulas Giga, but its older version the simple Gojulas *sad* .

As for the armour on Leoblaze to cover all those joints and that spine, it's a BLOX Zoid, so that's what it looks like. I just might add the cover near the tail, but the central portion of the spine is 'naked' ;-)

Model update soon!

[EDIT]

Here are the updated versions:

leoblazev2_001.jpg

leoblazev2_002.jpg

How are they now ;-) ?

[/EDIT]

LuxorV

Edited by LuxorV

The new ones he did are ace too, I love these mini-sized zoids, but you know what I'd love?

Minifig scale ones! :-$