Sign in to follow this  
Mister Phes

Huuuuge Imperial Sculpture!!!

Starwars4J sent me this image in a PM...

img_2034.jpg

This is awesome! Now seriously creatures, if you have any impressive MOCs or finds like this... CREATE A THREAD FOR THEM!!! All too often I'm seeing stuff like this linked 30 posts into a thread where nobody will find it unless they're keeping up with the thread, or merely alluded to in passing comments or PM's. this is good stuff, don't let it go to waste.

ok... here's another eb-event 2005 story....

it's in billund, yes it is...

funny thing is that when pass this model, a pirate shouts:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

HHHHG

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

something like that anyway....

obviously, we all thought of eb's pirate.... at some point yoda started copying the billund pirate, but in the end, after having passed that model several times on three days, this fabricated arhg! or whatever, got repeated six times...

hm... i'm quite certain we scared quite a few people at that point...

Calm down, yoda. ;)

Oh, and the life size sculpture looks great! Really proffesonal...

I just wish lego would re-release the Eldorado Fortress. Definately the model behind this.

6276-1.jpg

What's a better set Phes: Eldorado or the Trading Post?

Oh, and the life size sculpture looks great! Really proffesonal...

Considering its at LEGO Land you'd expect it to be built by professionals!

Now you're bringing back the memories... As a kid at Legoland I just went on this ride over and over to look at the MOCs...

God Bless,

Nathan

Did you take pictures Mr Norro? Back in those days you wouldn't of had the convenience of digital technology and therefore you'd have to scan them, wouldn't you? Yes! You would.

Did you take pictures Mr Norro? Back in those days you wouldn't of had the convenience of digital technology and therefore you'd have to scan them, wouldn't you? Yes! You would.

"Back in those days"?! I have a few hardcopy pics somewhere... but most infuriating was that when I was young I couldn't reach the abundant lego treasure... perhaps now I could. I reckon the roller coaster at windsor passes close enough to the pile of treasure for a tall person to grab a few never available silver pieces...

God Bless,

Nathan

I'd say Eldorado Fortress... I think the structures in the Imperial Trading Post are too insubstantial, but its a nice looking set. Could do with a few more Imperial Guards too.

I'd say Eldorado Fortress... I think the structures in the Imperial Trading Post are too insubstantial, but its a nice looking set. Could do with a few more Imperial Guards too.

Phes echos my thoughts on that Q...

God Bless,

Nathan

This Imperial Sculpture is like a life sized Eldorado Fortress. Well maybe not quite that big. Or is it?

No, not that big...

God Bless,

Nathan

Roughly how big would you say it was? And how much more of it is there which cannot be seen in that picture?

That's the whole fort except for a rope bridge (at the same scale) round the back. The full tour also features the CC with firing cannons and a whole lot of pirate-in-cave scenes...

God Bless,

Nathan