_shaddow_

[MOC] He's blue and fast...

Hello. As you can see, i'm new here, even if i come here pretty often, but it's my first "real" post here. I come to present you a moc i've made, and to find some help too.

This moc is video-game based, you know him well i think, he's blue, fast and cool, and was the rival of Mario back in the 90's. Yeah, that's right, Sonic the Hedgehog.

I think i'll post the picture first, so here they are :

dscn3831a.jpgdscn3832.jpg

As you can see, he has no head, just the dark blue connector. So i was wondering if some persons could help me to find a way to represent sonic's head with all the details.

Here is the list of idea and conditions i would want to follow :

- Dark blue head,

- 5 spikes (made using visorak feet i think),

- White eyes with green or black pupil,

- Tan "mouth",

- Most of the head details should be made (like the ears or the nose),

- Can be made out of lego System or Bionicle or combining the two.

As you can see, one of the problems is that even with a simple dark blue connector, the top of the head is pretty high, so i could replace it using a tan connector and point it to the front to do the mouth.

Thanks for reading my post, suggestions will be VERY welcolmed. :laugh:

EDIT : The moc is finished, but i've not used the ideas of 3D Brickthing. Sorry and thanks for your support. Here is the gallery of the moc (when moderated) and a picture to make you wait.

sonic_01.jpg

Edited by _shaddow_

Use white LEGO dishes with a black rod in the middle, or a black stud on top for the eyes, and maybe you could see if a Dark Blue Ruru or a blue Kanohi Nuva has a close enough shape to make the spikes on the back of the head?

Also, how big do you want the head in comparison to the body? If it's bigger, you'd get more detail, but it would look like a bobble head and might have trouble staying straight.

In effect, i've tought of this solution for the eyes, but it might look pretty stupid. However, if i combine the ruru with the dishes for them to take the shape of the rear of the mask, it could have a good look. Thanks for the tips, i'll try it tomorrow ! I wanted to use a slizer A-shaped feet for the mouth section but i think it don't exist in tan... :sceptic:

sonic_sprite_02.png

Here is a picture of differents design of sonic, i think the sonic CD design is nereast of this moc so the head can have a decent size.

Edited by _shaddow_

Sorry for the double post but i wanted to say that i've tested the idea and it don't look really good. I had an idea for the front of the head using nuva dark blue shoulder armor but i can't succeed to find an idea for the eyes and the mouth... Thanks for the reply !

Who cares about the eyes - that MOC is wonderful! You've really captured Sonic's design well in this creation, and the way you did the head is very clever. :thumbup:

Who cares about the eyes - that MOC is wonderful! You've really captured Sonic's design well in this creation, and the way you did the head is very clever. :thumbup:

Well, actually, the pupils are here, made using minifig hands, but it's not very clear on the photo as they are black. Anyway thanks for the comments ^^

Strangely enough, the moc gallery was disponible this morning but now isn't public again...

Well done, that looks much better than what I suggested. :classic:

Do you have the Bohrok eyes in solid blue? It might look better than the trans-blue, but only if the blue and dark-blue shades don't conflict each other.

The only issue is that the pupils aren't that visible, but I can't think of a better solution, and it probably looks better in person anyway. If you want to have Sonic looking bakwards though, using a black axle, lightsaber blade or cut tubing should do the job well.

I don't own any of the sets that contains blue bohrok eyes, as they are technic, and i'm not really a great technic fan... :grin:

For the eyes, i used troll green hands instead of black, and you can see them more easily. The cool part about this system of eyes is that you can move them a little bit to make sonic look in a direction or another. I looked how it was with a lightsaber blade, but it's too big and don't have a good look.

Anyay, does someone knows on which set (old or new) i can find LIME minifig hands (i don't even know if it exists) or green hands (i'm pretty sure it exists, but "where" is the real deal) ?

Thanks for the comment 3D brickthing.

SPEED RETURNS...

v2_07.jpg

Yeah, that's right, another take on Sonic. Well, actually, i "just" modified the shoes so they match the original sonic shoes. They're a bit blocky, but i think they are waaaay better than metru feet. I've also modified the color of the eyes, which are now orc green (pale green ?)

I think that's all i had to say, so here's the gallery (when moderated). As always, comments and suggestions are welcome.

Edited by _shaddow_

Fabulous! I see what you mean about the eyes now, the new angle of the photo shows them off much better. The sand green eye colour works much better too. :thumbup:

The shoes are a great improvement, although you're right in that they're kind of blocky. Maybe a combination of small TECHNIC and SYSTEM parts might help make the shoes more curved at the front.

As a suggestion, do you think a TECHNIC pin with a ball (as used on Bohrok heads) might make the nose look better? I tried it and it sticks firmly in the tan joint, but I can't tell if you need the other head end of the 3# axle currently being used.

Those are just minor things, because overall that's definitely the best Sonic model I've seen! I encourage you to make the hedgehogs as well. :classic:

Thanks for your really interesting comment. However, i dont understand what piece of the bohrok head your talking about ? and all the interior of the tan slizer connector is used only for the nose so i can fix it. If it's possible, maybe you could show me a picture of the piece (from peeron for example). Anyway, thanks for the ideas and comments.

PS : Congratulations for your new status.

EDIT : Okay, i've checked on peeron and i see what you mean. I'll try it.

Edited by _shaddow_

Wow that's really well done.

Good job on that :thumbup:

Frontpaged too...

Wow, i used to love that game on my old sega genesis.

You really hit it on the head. It literally looks just like him.

Great job!

Wow, frontpaged, i didn't see that one coming ! :blush: (however, there is no "s" in the end of my pseudo... :tongue: ). Thanks, KimT !

I wanted to say i'm making Knuckles the Echidna, but i don't have all the pieces to make him yet. You can expect "custom" articulated hands, i'll post it as soon as it will be finished.

Oh and for 3D Brickthing, the nose is really good like this, it tends to fall sometimes but it looks great. Thanks for the idea.

This is absolutely beautiful. I want one! :thumbup:

My vote for your next character is Knuckles! He's strong and good in a fight, like an orc :-D

ORC!

WOW!!!

It`s a great work!!!

I`am Sonic fan, so I saw a lot of works of this speed blue hedgehog, but this one - the best!!!

Ii will be nice to see Shadow and Knuckles)))

Wait for next works)))

Wow, excellently done! It's definitely one of the best bionicle MOCs I've seen. I particularly like the shoes.

I haven't posted for a while on Eurobricks, but Sonic was totally my favorite character when I was a kid, so I just had to.

Also, nice "Speed Returns" reference. I guess I'm not the only one on Eurobricks watching Project Needlemouse...

Ii will be nice to see Shadow and Knuckles)))

I'm working on knuckles, shadow will be made as i already made a version of him (with a totally different base) months ago, i'll maybe post pictures, but it didn't turn out like i would want.

Wow, excellently done! It's definitely one of the best bionicle MOCs I've seen. I particularly like the shoes.

I haven't posted for a while on Eurobricks, but Sonic was totally my favorite character when I was a kid, so I just had to.

Also, nice "Speed Returns" reference. I guess I'm not the only one on Eurobricks watching Project Needlemouse...

In effect, that was the reference :tongue: can't wait for his new game.

Thanks for all your comments, i'm really happy to see that my moc is pretty popular. :blush:

Wow. Nice work...certainly one of the best Lego Sonic builds I've seen. :thumbup:

You should drop AzureBlaze an email over at Sonic Gear, and get it posted on the site's Fan Creations section.

Edited by Taaron

I never thought I'd see the blue Hedgehog on LEGO pieces. I can only say it's great, and is so close to the "real" that it would be worthy of being sold. Great job there, and KUTGW :classic:

I love Sonis the Hedgehog and you built him perfect.I like the brick built feet more

than the metru feet.

Firstly, thanks for all your comments, it really makes me happy :cry_happy:

The Metru chest piece comes from... the left foot of our friend vorox !