Sign in to follow this  
johnsocal

Would you like to see Bionicle expanded into SPACE??

If LEGO has their mind set on creating another Space Battle theme to sell alongside of Star Wars, would you like to see them expand the Bionicle theme into Space?

LEGO already has a successful brand with Bionicle thats centered around conflict and could easily make the transition into adding a SPACE sub-theme without too many issues.

Bionicle: Galaxy would use different pieces and could have very unique designs that would really seperate it from SW sets.

The pics below might be a hint of things to come:

1bio.jpg

1bionicle.jpg

LEGO currently has 3 seperate underwater themes: New Bionicles, Aqua Raiders, and Sponge Bob

Oh god no, I don't even like the direction they're headed while on whatever planet they're on :-P The last thing they need is to get more technological.

And moved to the correct forum

Oh god no, I don't even like the direction they're headed while on whatever planet they're on :-P The last thing they need is to get more technological.

And moved to the correct forum

In my opinion I think conflict based Bionicle Space would be far more successful then the new conflict centric Mar Mission sets.

I would have no problem with Bionicle SPACE being centered warfare since the entire Bionicle is already an established and VERY profitable sub-brand for LEGO with war as it core theme.

In my opinion I think conflict based Bionicle Space would be far more successful then the new conflict centric Mar Mission sets.

I would have no problem with Bionicle SPACE being centered warfare since the entire Bionicle is already an established and VERY profitable sub-brand for LEGO with war as it core theme.

I never said I was in love with the new Mission Mars theme either :-P It leaves a lot to be desired, and the constant conflict is something that wasn't needed for Classic Space, and I think is still unneeded. If you want to make them fight you can. If you want to make trading allies you can, etc.

But the main reason I'm opposed to Bionicle in space is because the whole thing originally started out being a mythological type of adventure. Finding these magical masts that endowed them with special powers. Fighting demons and demi-gods on an island in the middle of nowhere. Metri Nui was a bad move IMO, and making it more technological would bring Bionicle just too far from home for my tastes. Then again nobody said I have the best tastes ;-)

I need to correct myself in stating that Bionicle ship shown is actually a sub-like vehicle, but I still would like Bionicle expanded into space.

1bion.jpg

I agree with you fully, Starwars!

Anyhoo, I'm not too sure whether Bionicle space would be possible, but when you look at the playsets, they practically are "space" sets. Just check out those closed canopies and ship designs! It pretty well much screams "alien vessel" to me. Especially that large one with the insectiod looking cockpit. That one looks like it belongs to the aliens side of Mars Mission.

Finding these magical masts that endowed them with special powers.

Kind of like Jedi's using the magic-like powers of the force, but they can still fly in space ;)

conflict is something that wasn't needed for Classic Space, and I think is still unneeded.

I agree 100%. I still would like to see LEGO create a peaceful SPACE CITY theme centered around moon-like bases and exploration.

Hell no, Bionicle's storyline is already horrible enough.>_<

P.S. Where'd you get the image?

Kind of like Jedi's using the magic-like powers of the force, but they can still fly in space ;)

Yes, but the Jedi weren't introduced as inhabitants of a jungle with absolutely no semblence of technology nor modern society (the technologically advanced lightsabers alone is proof of that) :-P

No,it takes away the mystery (or what's left of it).

I think the closest thing to a dogfight in Bionicle should still remain the Kahu vs. Rama battle from MNOLG1.

No,it takes away the mystery (or what's left of it).

I think the closest thing to a dogfight in Bionicle should still remain the Kahu vs. Rama battle from MNOLG1.

Maybe the god-like and demon-like Bionicle dudes need to take their battles from the firey pits of Hell to the Heavens (of space).

Sure, just figure out a way to do so without advanced technology and it might not be half bad :-P Except there's nothing to do in space...except explore other planets...which really...yeah, not working so well :-$

Sure, just figure out a way to do so without advanced technology and it might not be half bad :-P Except there's nothing to do in space...except explore other planets...which really...yeah, not working so well :-$

The Bionicle ships could have exo-skeleton like structures and have some sort of 'solar sails' as propulsion to give the an almost pirate-like ghost-ship appearance.

Pirateghost Space Bionicle Ships?

I think you're giving GregF a run for his money :-D

It's very creative, but just doesn't seem to flow with the same mystique as the originals. Then again they're going for machine guns so who knows what will happen :-P

But the main reason I'm opposed to Bionicle in space is because the whole thing originally started out being a mythological type of adventure. Finding these magical masts that endowed them with special powers. Fighting demons and demi-gods on an island in the middle of nowhere. Metri Nui was a bad move IMO, and making it more technological would bring Bionicle just too far from home for my tastes. Then again nobody said I have the best tastes ;-)
Yes, but the Jedi weren't introduced as inhabitants of a jungle with absolutely no semblence of technology nor modern society (the technologically advanced lightsabers alone is proof of that)

Exactly. Bionicle should never have left nature... not this far.

Ok. When a civilization's technology grows, certain parts stay.

The Mahri are running around with gatling rocket launchers.

Soooooooooo, where's all the older weapons leading up to that point?

Why'd Bionicle start off like they were back in caveman days but wound up in something looking like The Matrix?

Because... the writing SUCKS... done by people who don't understand why Bionicle was so great in the start.

Not just that though, the execs in charge of set designs have to jack the figures up to give them a physical, in-your-face presence on the toy shelves alongside "real" action figures.

Really though, Bionicle could still be a hugely successful line if they'd stayed in the jungle.

There could have been better set evolution in the rahi beasts.

System playsets not of high-tech submarines but of forests, caves, volcanoes, deserts, ancient fortresses.

Going into space will DOOM it.

System purists already hate Bionicle.

Some even hate Star Wars for it's production halting that of classic space.

So making Bionicle space would drive a stake between Lego fans even further.

NOT a good idea.

Even more, the fans from the beginning who are still around will likely ditch if something as annoying as space is introduced.

Personally, I could stand ONE and I mean one year of Bionicle in space, but only so the Toa (who originally came from space?) can return to wherever they hailed and hopefully into more non-technological jungles and such.

However, something like that, despite temporarily ruining the storyline for bionicle fans, should be LOUDLY pointed out to the public that it's just a 1-year thing which will not affect classic space one way or another.

And that knowledge would have to be there before the first "accidental", grainy image were leaked... or risk alienating much of the fandom.

Do I have faith that those doing things now could follow such a course of common sense? No. So, no spaceonicles, please.

I don't think it would be a great idea either. No space fan is going to buy it and i think most traditional bionicle fans wouldn't accept it either.

System purists already hate Bionicle.

Some even hate Star Wars for it's production halting that of classic space.

So making Bionicle space would drive a stake between Lego fans even further.

NOT a good idea.

YEP!

Bionicle going to space?

*sing* Red Alert! Battlestations! *sing*

But this kind of poll will end like all other threads about Bionicle. The one, who already hate Bionicles will not change their attitude just because the B

Well under the ocean allways has had that sense of being on another planet, so i can't see it going there any time soon. I don't really mind, but i think it being set on an island is currently better for the storyline the way it is going. It would be cool though seeing how the toa and baddies changed if they were on another planet. The mahri look pretty alien-lie though. *cough* hewkii *cough*

It's just basic, some people would love it, others hate it, either way, there is allways going to be someone dissapointed.

I agree with what some of you guys are saying, mars mission and life on mars fans for example, would hate it.....i just can't see bionicle going to the red planet any time soon.

1-year thing which will not affect classic space one way or another.

The fact that LEGO now has 3 underwater themes, should open up the opportunity that LEGO could do 3 Space themes if they so choosed. 'Space themes' also appear to be a more popular in general then 'underwater themes' (except for maybe Spongebob) so it would make more sense for LEGO to focus on 'space' instead of the 'sea'.

IMHO SW's and 'Bionicle: Galaxy' would be the two space battle themes while a peaceful space exploration theme with humans/earthlings wound be centered in our own solar system (in the tradition of Classic Space).

IMHO SW's and 'Bionicle: Galaxy' would be the two space battle themes while a peaceful space exploration theme with humans/earthlings wound be centered in our own solar system (in the tradition of Classic Space).

So where does Mission Mars fit into that? :-P Like it or not, it is here. That's three battle space series. Besides the most important fact that Bionicle just doesn't belong in space. That's my main gripe with it. Bionicle should remain mystical, mythical, and mysterious (the three my's). Space...would really ruin an already struggling storyline and theme IMO :-/

So where does Mission Mars fit into that? :-P Like it or not, it is here. That's three battle space series. Besides the most important fact that Bionicle just doesn't belong in space. That's my main gripe with it. Bionicle should remain mystical, mythical, and mysterious (the three my's). Space...would really ruin an already struggling storyline and theme IMO :-/

Well i would not say it's struggeling just yet, you know lego, they like to suprise us. ;-) I agree with that almost all of that. It's good it's set on a mysterious island, but a planet. Oh yeah, how are they gonna jiggle that into the story line.

"At the sudden death of mata nui, all the toa and piraka and barraki jumped into a rocket to go to an unknown planet- planet bionicle!" (insert dun dun duh here!)

None of the current fans would buy it and it would just go boom! Just best lego left it on an island to they want to finish the story! ;-) X-D

So where does Mission Mars fit into that? :-P Like it or not, it is here.

Please don't remind me, Im still in the denial phase of my recovery. ;-)

That's three battle space series. Besides the most important fact that Bionicle just doesn't belong in space.

Neither do humans, but it's all pretend anyway so who cares if they belong in space or not.

That's my main gripe with it. Bionicle should remain mystical, mythical, and mysterious (the three my's). Space...would really ruin an already struggling storyline and theme IMO :-/

I just don't see how space makes something "non-my's".

'Bionicle:Galaxy' could be created at a prequal to the existing storyline or be placed in the distant future as a seperate and new Bionicle sub-theme.

IMO I think 'Bionicles:Galaxy' would be a success in it own right and in a worst case scenerio SW's guys could just turn them into the 'Yuuzhan Vong'.

Bionicle system sets are weakly designed, over-priced and lame. Bionicle itself is not that great. Taking bionicle into space or worse having another year of the awful system sets is not where LEGO should focus it's attention.

If the want to make some money have a rebirthing of the the storyline in which something happens that reverts the story to something simple and with a purpose again. That and bring back the masks.

Space should be on its own.

Mars+Space=lame

Town+Space=fine in limited quantity like a shuttle, otherwise lame

Bionicle+Space=the new galidor, need I remind anyone how much that sucked?

1bionicle.jpg

WTF?

I havent been following bionicle, but a submarine??

...apparently things have been going strange places...

At any rate. That is one awesome transRed windshield there. I might be needing some of those for Space MOCs later...

I was excited about the new LEGO line when I bought my first Bionicle set, the 8532 Onua.

What a beautiful design! *wub*

Since that day I collected at least one ore two sets each year, but I don