Sign in to follow this  
The Middleman

WANTED: LEGO Nazi Figures

A bit taboo, but I need some good Nazi custom minifigs for my death camp project. Does anyone know of a site or Bricklink store with anything of that sort?

Take a look at this

This is sickening *sick*

Hope it helps you.....

Edit by DoubleT

Nothing Personal languages :)

But kids go to this site, and we can not promote stuff like this.......

I gotta say that i really dont like this, war sets are one thing but making sets out of something as bad as innocent people suffering is abit sickening to me.

Since this is meant as art I think I will look at such a creation much more likely than looking at those hundreds of BS galleries showing war scenes just for fun!

This KZ is an artistic statement and should make people think about those bad happenings from WW2!

(go to the linked page and look at the other pictures displayed there! :() )

A Lego box with a concentration camp built of toy bricks on its cover.

There is one thing sure about this creation : in term of pure construction, it sucks big times :-D

This is wrong on so many levels... aside from the obvious reason, it is also wrong because the creator actually disfigured LEGO bricks to build it!! Look at the roof on the towers...

Just to clarify, I do not agree with this "creation" at all, it actually sickens me that someone created it...

Edited by DoubleT

You know why ;)

I agree to Apo, it can be interesting for historical purposes, and for the memory of those who died there.

It is easier for kids to try and apprehend what happened then by showing them images and movies shot at the liberation of those camps.

I think it has a great didactic purpose.

Good luck with the project Bloody_Jay, I just hope you don't come up with anything as dishonourable as this creation.

As for Nazi figures, maybe you could check out Kaminoans decals, I know for sure that he has some war ones but not too sure about Nazis.

EDIT- These are not exactly Nazi, but more generic military. Maybe you can get some ideas from them though?

Jon.

I'm thinking about using the gray imperial officers (and replacing the yellow ones with flesh heads/hands). This is definitely NOT a project meant to make light of the Holocaust. The project is to create a visual aid representing one aspect of the Holocaust. I felt that making a LEGO death camp would be more honorable than trying to make one out of cardboard and pipe cleaners.

Yes and you can use the justification this polish artist gave, that is to say it is ment to shock people. If you need nazi decals, ask kaminoan, I'm sure he'll be please to help you if the prupose is right :)

Yes and you can use the justification this polish artist gave, that is to say it is ment to shock people. If you need nazi decals, ask kaminoan, I'm sure he'll be please to help you if the prupose is right :)

surely you can get decals of model building sets...

I'm a bit surprised by the position of TLC. the first picture of this thread clearly states: "this work is sponsored by Lego". You don't need to have a lego set to explain to children what happened there. I saw a large model of a camp in australia once, and that's was daunting... and the children who were there also, we're just as shocked as i was... they really got the impression of what happened... no lego bricks involved... You don't have to "protect" people for the things that happened there by using "soft" materials like lego...

i feel that the lego model is not a good instrument to show the extremity of what really happened. the skeletons, for instance, almost give a humoristic view of the victims. for instance, many of the victims of the camps were being kept alive, to work,... Skeletons on the other hand, are dead... that's a big difference...

i feel that the lego model is not a good instrument to show the extremity of what really happened. the skeletons, for instance, almost give a humoristic view of the victims. for instance, many of the victims of the camps were being kept alive, to work,... Skeletons on the other hand, are dead... that's a big difference

This artwork isn't meant to show to the kids what happened there.

This "juniorization" shall symbolize that the people that were living next to the KZs / the craftsmen that build those / ... weren't really aware of the evil that happened there or at least tried not to see it!

Did LEGO really sponsor Zbigniew Libera to produce this set? Or is that just tacked on there to attempt to make the set more acceptable?

I would say it was tacked on there to make it more acceptable...I can't imagine TLG sponsoring this type of thing... perhaps I am wrong though... it can happen...

I just stumbled upon this post. The images depicted are in very bad taste. I'm not sure why someone would waste their creativity toward this trash but I wouldn't even bother sharing over this board or other places for that matter. I'm surprised these weren't removed. Very distasteful and disrespectful.

I would say it was tacked on there to make it more acceptable...I can't imagine TLG sponsoring this type of thing... perhaps I am wrong though... it can happen...

Could LEGO sue him for that?

Could LEGO sue him for that?

Nah, he can't be sued unless he makes money off of it. Tons of people spoof LEGO boxes for their creations.

This was up a while back:

Lego 'sponsored' him in that he was an artist using Lego, and as such they donated peices to help out the artist. What Lego was *not* aware of, however, was the intended subject matter for the art. As such, Lego was real thrilled with the tack on that they sponsored such work.

These were debated back and forth for awhile. If I remember correctly, a semtic musueum (the anti-defemation league) in New York city purchased one of the sets for display.

Some view it as major controversy. Some review it as a reminder. Anyway you cut it, it rasises good questions about time, events, and what is portrayed to children.

Edit: I see one of the original articles is linked, so a lot of what I just typed was redundent. In any event, here are also other articles that can be googled, its one of the most interesting lego/history collisions in a long time.

Akkh

How could Lego sponser such a thing?

To be honest I really don't see the problem here: Kids education on the horrors (and thats an understatement :'( ) of WWII would be easier if shown with toys.

Be realistic, if you show a young kid movies on the liberation of death camps it could traumatise them for life.

I really think it has a great educational purpose.

You could do the same with the S21 in Cambodia ......... The list goes on and on and on....

EDIT: Bloody Jay, sure he could be sued even if he doesn't gain any pecuniary advantages - its still infigement to TLC' IP rights ;)

I know you should not forget the past (I lost my grandpapa in WWII), but Lego should never be in the same sentence as the Nazi's..... Or what they have done.......

Again sorry for the editing languages.......

Sign in to follow this