Exetrius

[MOC] The Boss battle

Hi all, this is my first MOC on Eurobricks. You are probably already familiar with it, because it is in my signature at the moment, but I thought I would provide you with some proper images :grin: . Let's get started!

I haven't come up with a good story behind this, I just wanted to create a big, demonic boss/guardian (my first try) , so forgive me: the boss and character have no name. However, this build is heavily inspired by a certain anime series (+10 points for you if you let me know which one :laugh:). The fig and the demon are intended to have the same concept, but look totally different compared to those from that series. Therefore I chose to post it here.

764185c878.jpg

Through the legs seems the only defence possible...

b8a2dcf52a.jpg

Cornered :devil_laugh:

967230c2c6.jpg

Preparing for the final blow... Is this the end?

9df1621752.jpg The expression of a true hero :wink:

So, my thoughts of the build: this was one of my most satisfying MOCs yet. I am very happy with the way my demon turned out, I think it has a decent poseability. For those interested in articulation: ball joints for shoulders, hips and ankles, little bit of elbow articulation, 360 rotation in wirsts and under the knees, up and down movement in head, tail, fingers and toes. For a first try, I think the shapes are okay.

Thanks for checking out, C & C appreciated :classic:

Edited by Exetrius

Your creatures pretty good and Is the show Sword Art Online,

Edited by Dr.Cogg

That pose looks really nice! Great work on making such a posable figure and the circled torches give it that "video game boss level" feel. I like it!

Your creatures pretty good and Is the show Sword Art Online,

Haha, +10 for you :laugh: !

That pose looks really nice! Great work on making such a posable figure and the circled torches give it that "video game boss level" feel. I like it!

Thank you! That action shot is really one of my favorite Lego photo's :blush: . The circle of torches consists just of loose pieces on the table, but I felt like it added lot to the scene.

It reminded me more of DanMachi then Sword Art tbh, the monster that is not the mini.

Edited by Isundir

I love it! The best part has to be the fact it's sturdy enough to pose on one leg! Very boss battle-ly in deed :thumbup: (Also I would have guessed Dark Souls or somthing!:laugh:)

Edited by Im a brickmaster.

Great work on the creature! I like the techniques you used for it. Moreover the posing is nice, too :thumbup: .

Here is an image from Sword Art Online

tumblr_m9q84gNJV41qjekjeo1_500.gif

Edited by Dr.Cogg