legolijntje, on 29 September 2012 - 09:16 PM, said:
Wow, nice picture. Especially the rope adds to the realism. I've never seen a teching set rendered with
Palathadric, on 29 September 2012 - 10:44 PM, said:
Nice job, EdmanZA! Never quite managed to get my act together regarding LSynth. This is very good though.
Thanks, glad you like it.
It was quite an interesting exercise. I started with the SR3D model and used a whole lot of Technic Arm Pins (2705.dat) to get the exact location and alignment of the LSYNTH constraints. I then used Notepad to convert all of those to LSYNTH elements (LS04.dat). Finally, I did some tweaking and added additional constraints on the reels in MLCAD before generating the ropes.
SR3D is really useful for locating constraints because ability to change the working plane orientation and snap to parts makes it very easy to locate and orient constraints. The large XYZ triads on parts also make it easy to confirm the correct orientation.
The resulting MPD file has 8566 lines, 90% of which are LS60.dat LSYNTH string parts. It took just under 10min to render the 3200x2400 image, without AA, using a dual Xeon X5690 machine.
Edited by EdmanZA, 30 September 2012 - 09:16 AM.