whung

10214: Tower Bridge

Updated pics from whung and grogall:

10214 – Tower Bridge

Ages 16+. 4,287 pieces.

US. $239.99, UK. £204.99, DE. €219.99, CA. $314.99

Build London's famous Tower Bridge!

Stretching over the River Thames since 1894, the famous Tower Bridge of London, England is one of the most recognizable landmarks

in the world. Now you can add this timeless classic to your LEGO world buildings collection! Designed with advanced building techniques

and rare colors and elements, the Tower Bridge is complete with its iconic paired towers and a drawbridge that really opens. Fun to build

and display, it locks together solidly but can be taken apart in sections for easy transport. Includes 4 miniature vehicles;

a black London taxi, a traditional red double-decker bus, a yellow truck and a green automobile.

Completed model measures 40" (102 cm) long, 17" (45 cm) high and 10" (26 cm) wide.

• Includes 4 miniature vehicles: a black London taxi, a yellow truck, green automobile and even a traditional red double-decker bus!

• Features the iconic paired towers and a drawbridge that really opens and closes!

• Includes unique printed shield!

• Features hundreds of 1x1 slopes in tan!

• Many useful arches, angular bricks in tan!

• Includes 5 blue base plates and over 80 windows!

• Tower Bridge is ideal for building and display - it can be taken apart in sections for easy transport!

• Add this amazing landmark to your LEGO world buildings collection!

• Completed model measures an impressive 40" (102 cm) long, 17" (45 cm) high and 10" (26 cm) wide.

and the rest of the pictures in HR.

all pictures link to +2500 pxl. versions

1-10214_box_front.jpg

2-10214_box_side.jpg

3-10214.jpg

4-10214.jpg

5-10214.jpg

6-10214.jpg

7-10214.jpg

8-10214.jpg

9-10214.jpg

b-10215.jpg

c-10214.jpg

Icon_360-view_7.gif

10214_box.jpg

10214-0000-xx-33-6.jpg

10214-0000-xx-33-5.jpg

10214-0000-xx-33-4.jpg

10214-0000-xx-33-3.jpg

10214-0000-xx-33-2.jpg

10214-0000-xx-33-1.jpg

And HR picture as well and a

360 view.

Picture links to 2880x1801 version.

10214.jpg

Enjoy! default_classic.gifdefault_classic.gifdefault_classic.gif

Thanks for the picture, Whung. :classic:

I was really excited about this set but it is a bit dissapointing. I looks a bit small and the colours are not that great. It could just be that picture but it is a little bit of a let down.

What does everyone else think?

The details on the towers are nice and the suspension is decent.

Edited by Burman

Holy macaroni!

Thanks for the pics Whung. Fantastic!!!

Is that a little microscale London double-decker I see there?

Looks very nice. I'll probably have to pass, since such a large set is not in my budget with all the other cool stuff coming out.

I'd like to see all these sets displayed together.

Steve

This looks really good!

Can anyone spot the bicycle that it said was included in the set? :laugh:

Thanks for the great picture Whung!

What does everyone else think?

Oh I dunno dude. I think it's gorgeous. I'm excited. I haven't picked up any of the landmark sets yet (taj mahal, eiffel, lady liberty) but I'm definitely looking to get this one. and on that note, definitely better than the eiffel tower model in my opinion.

I am very excited now! Can't wait for more pictrures, bigger pictures :)

I might decide to get this model, need to start saving though :sweet: although I may have a difficult decision if a large Star Wars model comes out around the same time :sad:

First of all, thank you Whung for the pictures (both the Tower Bridge and the Winter Bakery one).

Tower Bridge looks nice, but I'll just wait for more and more detailed pictures.

I had bigger expectations, and it's just my fault that so far, this set doesn't live to them.

Amazing! Both new Exclusives are so great... :sweet: I saw real Tower Bridge in London and I think this set is veeeeeery realistic. Only colours of towers are brigther than in real.

Too many great sets, not enough money...

Whung, once again thank you for these early pictures ...

for the first: the cars aren't nearly in minifig-scale; but this doesn't matter ... It's amazing ... with 1 metre it's a huge diorama, so i have to make a deal with my wife :blush:

I'm now waiting for detailed pictures and the first of October ... :wink:

Good lord, it's 128 studs long. I wouldn't have room to display it anywhere!

That's what she said. Maybe? :laugh: Maybe not...tough crowd...

This set looks nice, but due to its size and price, I probably won't get it. I might have if it included figures etc...

Thanks for the picture Whung! :classic:

Very Nice! I love all the tan pieces, very useful for town builders. The narrow design and extreme length would make this a great piece for a shelf display. I like the use of tan corner parts and lots of light blue cones. Depending on the price point it seems like a great parts set.

Nice design. Won't get it though, because it's microscale. I'd have a much harder time resisting when it would be minifig scale. :tongue:

Is this what that poll was about a few months back? If so, I am sort of disappointed.I expected the London eye or a minifigure size church. I wouldn't mind if it was half of the bridge but minifigure scale because the whole bridge in minifigure scale would cost hundreds of pounds. Just my two pence.

I'm not that impressed by the pic, I thought the set is more in minifig-scale. Maybe if I see larger pictures I'll change my mind.

The price is imo ok.

Is this what that poll was about a few months back? If so, I am sort of disappointed.I expected the London eye or a minifigure size church. I wouldn't mind if it was half of the bridge but minifigure scale because the whole bridge in minifigure scale would cost hundreds of pounds. Just my two pence.

I'm not that impressed by the pic, I thought the set is more in minifig-scale. Maybe if I see larger pictures I'll change my mind.

The price is imo ok.

If it was only half of the bridge in minifig scale, this would probably be the top-seller architecture set ever. And forever.

4287 parts,

219,99€

Release Date: Oct. 2010

first thanks for the piture

second thanks for the release details...

I expected something else in someways...will just have to look for more pictures...

but as people said...so many sets are coming out soon...and already so many sets bought this year!!!

:tongue:

I guess I have to be the note of discored here and say I'm a little unimpressed here, while I do like the set I don't think it's as amazing as I'd hopped with so many bricks, I was expecting something while not minifig scale that would at least not be to small to use minifigs with.

I will reserve my final judgment till I gewt to see larger pics and possibly a review or two.