Takezo

10253 Big Ben

Hi folks, I've seen that Pricevortex site has listed the 10253 Big Ben of Creator Expert line. Any info about it?

It's a landmark set like the Tower Bridge, Taj Mahal, etc. So not minifig scale and probably does not belong in the city forum.

I wonder what 10252 will be then - excited for the Big Ben set, hopefully it'll be announced soon.

Haha, you beat me to it.

Yep, apparently Big Ben's gonna be a set.

Any idea when to expect the official announcement/press release - do you know which month it'll be available for VIP members? I suppose February?

Do we have a price, piece count?

Edited by Emmi

Any idea when to expect the official announcement/press release - do you know which month it'll be available for VIP members? I suppose February?

Do we have a price, piece count?

..Nope, this info is all brand new minus the rumor that Cweqto guy posted.

Latest rumor says price will be around EUR 300. This set must be amazing!

source: thebrickfan.com

Who cares if it isn't minifig scale? If it is larger, than it is better. Even more of an advantage for stop-motioners.

Who cares if it isn't minifig scale? If it is larger, than it is better. Even more of an advantage for stop-motioners.

Of course it's bigger than minifig scale - it's a Creator Expert landmark set just like the Sydney Opera House or the Tower Bridge ... I'm very excited for it and as you said, the bigger the better! At a price tag of EUR 300 it must offer a looot of pieces!

Of course it's bigger than minifig scale - it's a Creator Expert landmark set just like the Sydney Opera House or the Tower Bridge.

Yeah, but a minifig can still somewhat be placed around the tower and still somewhat "fit" though, even though it is not an accurate size, right?

Like how in that Temple of Airjitzu set, the minifigs are not exactly at home in the interior of the pagoda, but at least they can fit.

AmperZand is on to something. If the title rings true (Pun always intended), then this will be the largest Bell set LEGO has made, I think.

I hope it's not just the Clock Tower (sth like the Architecture version but much much bigger and more advanced) - also it seems like LEGO is doing a lot of UK buildings, any reason behind that?

No doubt the finished model will be amazing, but I can already hear the complaints of repetitiveness in the instructions. It is going to be four sides of pretty much the same thing, although I expect this to be one of the most detailed landmarks of all.

Ooh! I hope that we get even more tan cheese slopes! There simply weren't enough in the Tower Bridge set!

/sarcasm

Need more, there is never enough cheese slopes!

i Always prefer a set with Minifigure scale, but dosnt mean i will hate this non-Minifugure-Scale Sets!...will love to see how they are done and take photos for Wallpaper/Background :)

Need more, there is never enough cheese slopes!

And the most important thing is, they are not going to be cracked as we saw

Im really interested how this turn out.I hope there are some section of Westminster also, only standalone big ben will be boring for me...

I found this on an AFOL group Facebook page, no idea if it's legit, but it's something:

NzKqTN9.png

EDIT: I realize this is probably a photo from a miniature park, sorry.

Edited by bj51

Without even seeing it, this is my most anticipated release! I love everything to do with London/UK and can't wait to put this beside my tower bridge (and Architecture sized Big Ben)!

I found this on an AFOL group Facebook page, no idea if it's legit, but it's something:

EDIT: I realize this is probably a photo from a miniature park, sorry.

This is probably photo from Windsor, in only hope we will get set similar to this legoland model.Big ben and part of westminster maybe there will be sidewalk with cars.Only big ben will be boring set... Edited by Ondra