The Batbrick Cave!

20 replies to this topic

#1 Batbrick

Batbrick

• I'm back ...with a banana

Member: 1917

Posted 22 November 2007 - 09:26 PM

We'll I believe that six pictures are not enough to see all the wonderful entries in Hinckley's competition, but unfortunatley they do not want to share, so you get stuck with mine!  X-D  :-P

Anyhoo, here is a view of the whole thing:
Posted Image

The batboat can fit through the dock pretty easily, as can other small boats. You can see I slipped in my love affair with chains as a handrail!  *wub*
Posted Image

Here is the first level. It has a display for the two batsuits, and the Robin suit, as well as a jail cell for my latest enemy in Eurobricks city: iamded!  X-O
Posted Image

Heres my favourite part, the control room! It has a semi-circular desk where I do my investigations. On it are a set of iamded's fingerprints I'm trying to match up, and a Joker Gas Bomb I'm attempting to gain an antivenom for.  On the right is a small shelf with a model human skull and poison ivy toxin. Behind me is my Brickarang holder and on my right (your left  ;-) ) is my Brickcomputer.
Posted Image

Heres my Bat-submersible, which is completely watertight, and small and agile. It can go underwater for short distances, which is required for the best access to the cave, which is accessible by an underwater cavern on the coastline. In the background is my cape holders, with mine and Robin's cape. Also a bat  :-D
Posted Image

A view from the side, You may notice on the crane, a small computer used to operate it  ;-) :
Posted Image

Here is a spider web, covering the lower room, which holds the controls to the batcave and its many functions:
Posted Image

It is accessible by a small diagonal ladder extending into the main platform:
Posted Image

The access ramp:
Posted Image

The dock from above, believe it or not but the batboat can actually manouvre pretty easily in there  :-D :
Posted Image

iamded in his cell, ha ha!  :-P   Oh wait! The cell is open!  X-O
Posted Image

Sideview with capeholders:
Posted Image

The Batsubmersible on its own, actually fits a minifig for its small size. I'm quite happy with it, its rather sleek for something that can fit Batman in it:
Posted Image

I accidentally caved a slope in this pic, so just ignore that, it is watertight  ;-)  (just not now  X-D ):
Posted Image

You can see him in this one:
Posted Image

Back of the whole thing, pretty plain, but its meant to be a cave so the back isn't really meant to be good  :-/ :
Posted Image

A couple more shots of the whole thing:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Hoped you liked it, comments and constructive criticism greatly appreciated!  *sweet*

Batbrick Away!  >:-)
And see and comment on KDog's hilarious Space Comic here:
Posted Image
Click on pic to see and comment now!  And please add this ad to your sig so more people can see this fantastic work!

Batbrick Away!

#2 Asuka

Asuka

• Pictural Poet

Member: 816

Posted 22 November 2007 - 10:34 PM

This looks indeed like a pretty decent BatGrotto, with some nice features like that
crane and some fine details like those trans clear bricks. A neat work, and this
BatSub´s sleek and smart too, although perhaps a propeller could be nice, though.  *y*

#3 Tamaku-Dark Toa

Tamaku-Dark Toa

Member: 1866

Posted 22 November 2007 - 10:34 PM

wow! I think that is way better than the one TLC made. That is a perfect 100/5! *y*

~Ryan~

#4 VBBN

VBBN

• Teaching is made up of patience

Member: 1621

Posted 22 November 2007 - 10:52 PM

Ah, my PM worked! :-)

Aaanyway, I  *wub*  this MOC! The secret room is great, and the accesories are nice! If this were made into a set, I would estimate... $90. KUTGW!

So, are you going to make a bad guy hangout? It would make sense. Just a thought.

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide

Posted Image

^Click to View^

#5 Commander Red Hat

Commander Red Hat

• Leader of the Redcoats!

Member: 1914

Posted 23 November 2007 - 12:52 AM

Very cosy cave you have there!

Love the detail, you thought of everything! *y*
Why do you need TLC to make sets for you, all you really need is parts...be creative!

The build a frigate tutorail!

New members please read the guidelines.
If you have any trouble in posting, deeplinking etc, please consult the
tutorials, or the help
section.
My Flickr

#6 baby

baby

Member: 1589

Posted 23 November 2007 - 02:22 AM

Nice, I like the place for him to keep the costumes & the weapon part. It  is so nice.  *wub*

#7 Batbrick

Batbrick

Posted 23 November 2007 - 02:29 AM

View PostAsuka, on Nov 23 2007, 09:34 AM, said:

This looks indeed like a pretty decent BatGrotto, with some nice features like that
crane and some fine details like those trans clear bricks. A neat work, and this
BatSub´s sleek and smart too, although perhaps a propeller could be nice, though.  *y*
_______
thanks, and I was going to include a propeller but I forgot to  :-$   I guess the side jets will have to suffice.
_______

View PostTamaku-Dark Toa, on Nov 23 2007, 09:34 AM, said:

wow! I think that is way better than the one TLC made. That is a perfect 100/5! *y*
_______
Thanks Tamaku-Dark Toa!  *sweet*   Funnily enough I just ordered the Batcave!  :-D
_______

View Post~VBBN~, on Nov 23 2007, 09:52 AM, said:

Ah, my PM worked! :-)

Aaanyway, I  *wub*  this MOC! The secret room is great, and the accesories are nice! If this were made into a set, I would estimate... $90. KUTGW!

So, are you going to make a bad guy hangout? It would make sense. Just a thought.
_______
Thanks VBBN!  :'-)   Thanks for noting the accessories, they are my favourite part of MOCing because they make it look far more detailed. Actually, now that you mention it i might make a badguy hideout!  8-°
I hadn't thought of this, I'll see what I can do! Thanks again!  :-)

And thankyou too Captain greenhair and baby for your great comments!  *sweet*

Batbrick Away!  >:-)
Posted Image
Click on pic to see and comment now!  And please add this ad to your sig so more people can see this fantastic work!

Batbrick Away!

#8 LuxorV

LuxorV

• Will Cat Accordingly.

Member: 1771

Posted 23 November 2007 - 01:22 PM

Nice bat-cave and veichles, Batbrick *y*

You sure have lots of accessories and mechanisms there 8-° .

Just one thing: I hope you have a perfect heating, else you'll have serious health problems living in a cold cave with all that water around ;-)

LuxorV

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide

Looking for new decals or help customising your LEGO elements? Check the Minifig Customisation Index!

My Brickshelf --- My Flickr

#9 jedikermit

jedikermit

• Muppet Man

Member: 2077

Posted 25 November 2007 - 03:04 AM

Very nice--I've gotta finish my Batcave and share it with you guys.  I don't think it'll be as nice as yours, but still.  I'm all about the sharing.
Check out my CUUSOO Proposals:  Superman's Fortress of Solitude and The Muppets!

#10 Batbrick

Batbrick

Posted 25 November 2007 - 04:26 AM

View PostLuxorV, on Nov 24 2007, 12:22 AM, said:

Nice bat-cave and veichles, Batbrick *y*

You sure have lots of accessories and mechanisms there 8-° .

Just one thing: I hope you have a perfect heating, else you'll have serious health problems living in a cold cave with all that water around ;-)
LuxorV
_________
Thanks LuxorV, the accessories and functions in my MOCs are probably their saving grace!  :-$
And yes, I have been a bit chilly lately, maybe I should install a bat-temp-moderator, also known as a heater.
_________

View Postjedikermit, on Nov 25 2007, 02:04 PM, said:

Very nice--I've gotta finish my Batcave and share it with you guys.  I don't think it'll be as nice as yours, but still.  I'm all about the sharing.
_________
Cool, I can't wait to see it jedikermit!  *sweet*     Thanks for the complements too, but I believe when it all comes down to it, there are no "better" Mocs, so I eargely anticipate yours!  :-)

Batbrick-needs-heating Away!  >:-)
Posted Image

Batbrick Away!

#11 jedikermit

jedikermit

• Muppet Man

Member: 2077

Posted 25 November 2007 - 06:30 PM

View PostBatbrick, on Nov 24 2007, 09:26 PM, said:

Cool, I can't wait to see it jedikermit!  *sweet*     Thanks for the complements too, but I believe when it all comes down to it, there are no "better" Mocs...

Maybe so.  But there are certainly worse ones.  And those would be mine.  Maybe I'll post a pic of my Robinmobile later today.  It's very  :-X
Check out my CUUSOO Proposals:  Superman's Fortress of Solitude and The Muppets!

#12 Wout

Wout

Member: 1485

Posted 25 November 2007 - 09:27 PM

Very nice *y*

Iamded in his cell, Batbrick: oh wait the door is open X-D

You could call him now Iamfree
Duke of Equestria

#13 iamded

iamded

• Cannot neigh to save his life.

Member: 1225

Posted 26 November 2007 - 04:54 AM

iamfree! Heheh. :-D I could have sworn I commented on this! Or maybe that was through p.m. 8-| Still, this is amazing, fantastic, brilliant! It's got everything! Even an open cell door for my escape! :-D  :-P
~Peace

Check out Eurobricks' RPG, Mafia and Wargames forum for the best fun.

#14 TinyPiesRUs

TinyPiesRUs

• Not afraid of a witch hunt!

Member: 1725

Posted 26 November 2007 - 04:59 AM

Yeah, you did in the Neighbourhood Contest Discussion Thread   X-D

EDIT: What? I havn't posted anything?  :-$  Great job, Batbrick. I love your control room. I see you've got two computers, perhaps so you can post two comments on Eurobricks at once  X-D  I also love how the base is in the water (in a cave) and it has all of the walkways along it  *wub*  Great job!

Edited by TinyPiesRUs, 26 November 2007 - 05:07 AM.

#15 Dark Sword Ragnarok

Dark Sword Ragnarok

Member: 2225

Posted 26 November 2007 - 05:03 AM

very nice! two thumbs up! *y*  *y*

"Don't waste your time, or time will waste you..."-Muse, "Knights of Cydonia"

My Flickr Account
My Latest MOC's:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#16 Batbrick

Batbrick

Posted 26 November 2007 - 08:30 AM

View Postjedikermit, on Nov 26 2007, 05:30 AM, said:

Maybe so.  But there are certainly worse ones.  And those would be mine.  Maybe I'll post a pic of my Robinmobile later today.  It's very  :-X
_________
Well if thats how you feel about it, then you should post it, so we can suggest improvements  :-)   Its all about helping each other grow as a builder!
Oh, and looking forward to the Robinmobile! (even if Batmoblie sounds more appropriate  :-P )
_________

View PostWout, on Nov 26 2007, 08:27 AM, said:

Very nice *y*

Iamded in his cell, Batbrick: oh wait the door is open X-D

You could call him now Iamfree
_________
Thanks Wout!  Yes, I might post a Batbrick comic one day, chronicling how I caught iamded. And don't worry, soon he will be iamcaught!  :-D
_________

View Postiamded, on Nov 26 2007, 03:54 PM, said:

iamfree! Heheh. :-D I could have sworn I commented on this! Or maybe that was through p.m. 8-| Still, this is amazing, fantastic, brilliant! It's got everything! Even an open cell door for my escape! :-D  :-P
~Peace
_________
You did comment on it in the entry thread, I believe it went something like this: "Oh Batbrick you are SO my hero! Greatest MOC ever!   I worship you, even more than icecream!", of course I DID wake up a few moments later  :-D

But thanks, feedback is really important to me, even if, after doing a shot of you in prison, I left the cell open!
_________

View PostTinyPiesRUs, on Nov 26 2007, 03:59 PM, said:

EDIT: What? I havn't posted anything?  :-$  Great job, Batbrick. I love your control room. I see you've got two computers, perhaps so you can post two comments on Eurobricks at once  X-D  I also love how the base is in the water (in a cave) and it has all of the walkways along it  *wub*  Great job!
_________
Thanks TinyPiesRUs!  :'-)   And yes, two computers do come in handy when trying to read the new MM reviews and type this in at the same time! You never know, I might be in the cave right now.........
Thanks for your comments on the walkways, I tried to make them look interesting  :-$
_________

View PostDark Sword Ragnarok, on Nov 26 2007, 04:03 PM, said:

very nice! two thumbs up! *y*  *y*
_________
Thanks Dark Sword Ragnarok!

To the Batmobile!  >:-)
Posted Image

Batbrick Away!

#17 MicVash

MicVash

Member: 2140

Posted 27 November 2007 - 01:38 AM

Wow, excellent work here!  I'm a big fan of batman and this is a great model!  My favorite parts are your office area, great detailing, and the costume display.  It reminds me of the display case from Batman Beyond.
!!!CLICK an icon to see MORE!!!
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
...a Raven crows...a storm is brewing ...an army grows...the storm is coming...

#18 Sinner

Sinner

• Mike's Magical Elf

Member: 1554

Posted 15 December 2007 - 12:46 AM

This could be my favourite Batcave ever.  *wub* You have done a great job in working around piece limitations (such as only one black ladder at the front) and you have produced something great. Personallly I think it is better to focus on the insides rather than the cave itself as unless you have a lot of bricks the cave will end up looking small. I love how the whole MOC is elevated. The crane is a nice touch, although I am unsure of it's purpose.... (Yes it lifts the sub, but why? It can't be worked on like that, no can it be entered...) The prison and display case is really cool too, and I love the control room. This is a much better cave than what Lego produced, but they prioritised silly function over detail. (I did like the turntable of the official set though.) Overall I think this is a great MOC. The question is; is it finished?

As for constructive criticism.... err.... where's the car?  ;-)

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Full details on the Siegfried About Me page!

#19 Batbrick

Batbrick

Posted 15 December 2007 - 01:15 AM

View PostSinner, on Dec 15 2007, 11:46 AM, said:

This could be my favourite Batcave ever.  *wub* You have done a great job in working around piece limitations (such as only one black ladder at the front) and you have produced something great. Personallly I think it is better to focus on the insides rather than the cave itself as unless you have a lot of bricks the cave will end up looking small. I love how the whole MOC is elevated. The crane is a nice touch, although I am unsure of it's purpose.... (Yes it lifts the sub, but why? It can't be worked on like that, no can it be entered...) The prison and display case is really cool too, and I love the control room. This is a much better cave than what Lego produced, but they prioritised silly function over detail. (I did like the turntable of the official set though.) Overall I think this is a great MOC. The question is; is it finished?

As for constructive criticism.... err.... where's the car?  ;-)
_______
Thanks Sinner!  :'-)
It is pretty much finished, considering I demolished it a while ago. I don't have many bricks, nor plates, so I had to think of ways to get around shortage problems. The crane is used to lift the submersible out of the dock to make way for other vehicles and for repairs in a sadly unbuilt station that was to go next to it. Think of the sub platform on the Aquabase, but with repair kits  ;-)
I really appreciate your comments on this, and while i do love the Batcave lego produced (which I have now! X-D ) this one will always have a special place in my heart  *wub*

Thanks again!

EDIT: And as for the car, this is not THE Batcave, but a second one stationed on the coast accessible only by boat, even then the entrance is hidden, so unless the Batmobile can float, I don't think I'll include it.

Clearly Batbrick's mind has turned to mush!  *wacko*

Edited by Batbrick, 15 December 2007 - 01:19 AM.

Posted Image

Batbrick Away!

#20 Indy565

Indy565

Member: 2251

Posted 16 December 2007 - 05:16 AM

Nice! Make sure iamded doesn't escape! Wait. He already escaped! X-O

#21 Belloq

Belloq

• Help! It's Stuck in There!

Member: 2193

Posted 17 December 2007 - 11:28 PM

I look the look! It's a bit small-ish, but it does the job, I like the hidden goodies!  *y*

I'll tell you what George's problem was when writing this film. He was so preoccupied with whether or not he could…he didn’t stop to think if he should. That’s…that’s chaos.
^Someone on A few scenes in Indy 4

The moral of Indy is... "Don't get in a swordfight with a Russian chick while hightailing it through the South African jungle while your mom is driving the truck because she will look away from the nonexistent road to criticize your footwork and accidentally cause some oddly bulbous jungle flora to whack you repeatedly right in the junk."
^What some of us learned from Indy 4 (which I did enjoy, I but thought the post above was hilarious)

Apparently Rachel Dawes was also using cheap parlor tricks to hide her true identity in Batman Begins.
^An explanation as to why a different actress was cast in The Dark Knight.

"Indiana Jones and The Temple of Shame" :P

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users