Sign in to follow this  
beartrapper

My first MOC - Jaeger

My son and I have been building with legos for the last 2 years. He just turned 5 and saw the previews for Pacific Rim and got really interested in the Jaeger's and wanted me to make him one.

After sorting out all the silver and gray pieces I could find in our collection I slowly started putting something together.

Its not great by any means but I'm pretty happy with it for my first try at something like this.

14130091840_c3f878cc7b_o.jpg

So far he's enjoying it. He has made a bunch of kaijus using the new HF invasion monsters.

I'm still trying to get the hang of uploading pictures on here.

14130091840_c3f878cc7b_o.jpg

14336911523_f534b0a804_b.jpg

Jaeger

It's actually the neon green but shows up clear with the filter from the flickr app. I've been buying bulk lots whenever I can to get more pieces and it was in the most recent purchase. Its the only one I've gotten thus far.

Thanks for the comments I appreciate it!

Edited by beartrapper

that right,So far he's enjoying it. He has made a bunch of kaijus using the new HF invasion monsters.thanks48.gif

Edited by onupintoget

Just wodering, were you inspired from Pacific Rim?

Cause this looks a lot like Chernobyl Alpha.

Anyway, I like the legs, the body's pretty good(torse seems overcrowded), but this is pretty good.

I've only seen a few bits of the movie but the large cylinder in the chest seemed most relevant to me. I spent the most amoutn of time on the torso and I'll try to link some more pictures if I can figure it out.

Also, I would reccomend changing the hands. Use 3 t-joints on a ball socket or something instead of using the ones you used.

What's a T Joint? I definately need to rework the wrist hands but couldn't come up with much.

This is a t -joint, it has 3 points of connection. You could connect exo-force arms on every connection. I use them instead of the standard fists in my hero factory mocs.

http://cache.lego.co...5/2/4211508.jpg

Edited by godzilla

Very nice creation! One of my favourite movies. I guess that it is the result of growing up in the late 70s and watching Mazinger Z.