Sign in to follow this  
Walter Kovacs

Unrest in the Forest, Day 2: Fly By Night

DAY 2: FLY BY NIGHT

There is unrest in the forest

There is trouble with the trees

For the Maples want more sunlight

And the Oaks ignore their pleas

The loggers enter the forest that night. At first there is relative quiet, then the raucous noise of a portable generator fills Galidor, as floodlights bring day to the inky darkness.

day_2-1.png

“Hey boss, we’re looking for a pear tree, right?” calls Burt. “I found one right here!”

“Aww, it’s just a sapling,” cries Ernie.

“Well, a pear is what we came for, and a pear is what we’ll take,” says Mr Big Chief.

“But boss, it’s so small and frail,” Ernie argues, why, I could almost reach out and pluck…”

day_2-2.png

“OOOPS.”

With surprisingly little effort, Ernie plucks Alastair Pear right out of the ground, roots and all. All that is left is a small mound of deep, rich soil where he once stood.

“Well, I guess our job is done here,” says Walter.

“Not so fast. It seems there are some other trees we get to take down tonight,” Mr Big Chief says. “We’ll fell them tonight, then come tomorrow to pick them up. Get to work.”

The sounds of sawing and the bite of hatchets goes on through the night. It’s enough to cause the trees to stir, but not enough to wake them from their sleep.

The following morning, Alden the Elder Alder calls the trees to attention.

“It seems the humans have done their dirty work, and I must say, it is not positive for us Oaks. Alastair Pear has indeed been removed, but there is no stump left for me to examine. I cannot tell you his alignment.

day_2-3.png

“In addition, Buck ‘Dollar’ Poplar was taken down last night.

day_2-4.png

“Lauren Laurel has been felled as well. Both of their stumps clearly show that they are Oaks.

“There is some good news, however. Since Buck and Lauren’s stumps remain, they can still speak, though it might pain them to do so.

“So get to it, find me a Maple.”

MOD NOTE: There are some rule changes, highlighted below, concerning Tree Stumps. Please review the rules.

The NPCs:

alden2.png

Elder Alden Alder

burt.png

Burt

ernie.png

Ernie

mr_big_chief.png

Mr Big Chief

walter.png

Walter

The Players:

adelaide.png

Adelaide Apple, played by Tiny Pies are Us

agnes.png

Agnes Cyprus, played by JackJonesPaw

barry.png

Barry Cherry, played by jluck

berty.png

Berty Birch, played by Dragonfire

bobby.png

Bobby Beech, played by Lord Duvors

bruce.png

Bruce Spruce, played by Tamamono

catarina.png

Catarina Dogwood, played by adventurer1

chester.png

Chester Chestnut, played by Lego Spy

clem.png

Clem Elm, played by Scaevola

hazel.png

Hazel Hazelnut, played by Goliath

jack.png

Jack Pine, played by mostlytechnic

larry.png

Larry Larch, played by TheLazyChicken

lassie.png

Lassie Sassafras, played by fhomess

maggie.png

Maggie Magnolia, played by Calanon

nash.png

Nash Ash, played by Zephyr

peter.png

Peter Cedar, played by badboytje88

sammy.png

Sammy Sycamore, played by Fugazi

simon.png

Simon Persimmon, played by Hinckley

sue.png

Sue Sumac, played by Bob

vicky.png

Vicky Hickory, played by Stickfig

waldorf.png

Waldorf Walnut, played by jamesn

william.png

William Willow, played by Scubacarrot

The Fallen:

alastair.png

Alastair Pear, played by Brickelodeon – Lynched Day 1 – Alignment Unknown

laurel_-_stump.png

Lauren Laurel, played by PirateDave84 – Felled Night 1 – Oak

buck_-_stump.png

Buck “Dollar” Poplar, played by Mencot – Felled Night 1 - Oak

The Rules, by which we shall play:

1. Each player will be given a character to play. That character will be aligned with either the Oaks or the Maples. To win the game, the Oaks must lynch or kill off all of the Maples, while the Maples need to outnumber the voting members of the Oaks. Any Third Party characters will have their own win conditions.

2. Each day will be played out in its own topic. During the day you will be able to vote to expel (lynch) a player. Voting must be done in the following format: Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format: Unvote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. A majority vote is required to expel (lynch) a player, meaning that over half of the remaining players must vote for the same player to warrant a lynch.

3. A game day will last for 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. The day will end after those 72 hours. After the day has concluded, a night will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of nighttime. You may not post about the game openly on Eurobricks during that time (but may continue to use private messages).

4. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day.

5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to you by the game host via PM. This includes the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.

6. You may not quote/post anything sent to you by another player via PM. If you wish to use information gained in this way, you must do so in your own words only.

7. Do not play the game outside the day threads. Similarly, do not post out-of-character inside the day threads. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.

8a. If you are a Tree Stump, you MAY (and are encouraged to) continue to take part in the Day thread discussions. Tree Stumps may not Vote, they may not use Night Actions, and they cannot be voted for or targeted at night.

8b. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players (living or dead). Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.

9. Don't edit your posts.

10. You must post in every day thread.

11. Violation of the above rules will result in a 5-vote penalty against you on your first offense, and the death of your character on your second offense.

12. If at any time another player asks you to violate these rules (for example, asking you to give them your role PM), report this to the host immediately along with PM proof of the violation.

Well it's irksome that we cannot discern the late Mr. Pear's allegiance

I'm going to say that Poplar was the oak kill and Laurel was the maple kill, judging from their actions yesterday. Though I wouldn't discount the possibility that third-party trees have kill actions yet (a Serial Killer or an Inquisitor for instance).

So the lynched tree is completely uprooted? So we're still in the dark about Alastair, then...

I wonder if this will be the case for every lynch, or if it will be like this for only the smaller trees.

So, we won't know the alignment of day lynches?

This makes things a whole lot harder. At least we have the stumps to balance it out.

Buck and Lauren, were either of you able to gain any information on who sent the lumberjacks after you at all?

Well that is certainly unexpected. It's extremely frustrating not to know what Alastair's affiliation was. I'm hoping that whatever pains it causes Lauren and Buck to speak, that they are still able to contribute positively here.

At least our fallen tree brethren can still speak in stump form. They can be of some help to us. Without the stump of Alister Pear how are we to analyze what he said yesterday?

Really interesting plot twist. So one tree is just gone right? There's no way of knowing his allegiance? Also, the other dead can talk but now don't have roles? Are they allowed to communicate in private too?

Wow, so Alastair was Neutral? I'm also not sure what to make of Lauren and Buck becoming stumps. So were both Maple attacks or was one a Vigilante attack?

So many questions to be asked...

And Berry, I believe the stumps can talk but can't do anything.

Wow, so Alastair was Neutral? I'm also not sure what to make of Lauren and Buck becoming stumps. So were both Maple attacks or was one a Vigilante attack?

No, it doesn't mean that Alastair was neutral. It means the Elder cannot determine his allegiance due to the stump being gone. We don't know if he was an Oak, a Maple, or other.

Why would you assume Neutral in the absence of other information?

Your second question is just odd. It's not common for scum to have multiple night kills. In all likelihood, one was a maple kill and one was either a vig or a SK. The way you're wording it is like you're asking for a vig to stand up and say, "heyo, that was me!". I really don't think we want our vig to do that. Maples, on the other hand... be my guest!

If they can talk, wouldn't be wise for them to message the first confirmed townie with their roles? This would prevent the scum from claiming roles that belonged to dead players. That could really be effective!

If they can talk, wouldn't be wise for them to message the first confirmed townie with their roles? This would prevent the scum from claiming roles that belonged to dead players. That could really be effective!

Wouldn't it be wiser for them to state their roles here (permitted they had one), just so we would all know what role are gone?

And also, what happens when a night-kill turns out to be Maple? I can't seem them sticking around to chat with up as a stump.

Yo!

I'm a stump!!!! WHHHHAAAAATTTTT!

Has anyone considered that Alastair may have been janitored!?

I'll confirm with Elder but from the way I read the rules we can't PM the living.

Oh my.

The no stump is a bummer, but I think that'll over time be balanced by having the stumps around to talk AND the fact that they'll be able to tell any confirmed Oaks about what they HAVE done in the past (their roles, anything they learned before being felled, etc). Interesting twists in this here forest for sure!

Wouldn't it be wiser for them to state their roles here (permitted they had one), just so we would all know what role are gone?

And also, what happens when a night-kill turns out to be Maple? I can't seem them sticking around to chat with up as a stump.

What the? NO!

Are you serious here? You would like the dead to post their roles so the scum know what they can and cannot do ... What a scummy thing to say!

I agree... I think there are a few additional things they can do to help us out:

1. Let someone know their roles to suss out false claims

2. Let someone know how their tree stump status works... Elder Alder implied in his description of events that they may have more limitations on communicating than just what's been added to the rules... it would be really helpful to know if that's true or not so we can plan for this sort of thing on future days.

3. Let someone know anything that might help us identify the perpetrators.

William will, of course, be apoplectic when he sees not one but two stumps! :tongue:

Yes, and tell all the maples what they are too... great idea.

Yo!

That's certainly a possibility. Are you trying to tell us something or just speculating.

Sounds like my initial concerns about communication may not be as bad as I feared.

What the? NO!

Are you serious here? You would like the dead to post their roles so the scum know what they can and cannot do ... What a scummy thing to say!

Oh, crap, I honestly didn't think of the scum using that against us. I was more leaning towards the town knowing what we're now limited to, my mistake.

Yo!

I'll confirm with Elder but from the way I read the rules we can't PM the living.

Forgive my ignorance but what's being janitored entail? Is there more than just taking away the player so no one knows who they were aligned with? I've not played with one yet.

Umm...no.

If it's a PM then you catch the scum in lies, hide what roles still exist...literally all the advantages are in keeping it private.

I believe that is what happened.

That's certainly a possibility. Are you trying to tell us something or just speculating.

No need to speculate. What other possibility is there. Read the rules. Alignment is shown in the morning. Are you honestly grilling a dead Oak? :look:

Why would you assume Neutral in the absence of other information?

Your second question is just odd. It's not common for scum to have multiple night kills. In all likelihood, one was a maple kill and one was either a vig or a SK. The way you're wording it is like you're asking for a vig to stand up and say, "heyo, that was me!". I really don't think we want our vig to do that. Maples, on the other hand... be my guest!

You are jumping to conclusions which isn't wise as it may throw people off.

I questioned if he was Neutral, knowing that it's undetermined now, because it didn't say he was either Oak or Maple. So I was a bit confused on that. I don't intend for a vigilante to come out, unless he/she wants to than sure..? I also completely forgot about the SK as well, whoops! :blush:

Sounds like my initial concerns about communication may not be as bad as I feared.

Speculating

I know I can talk here, I can't vote and I think I can't PM the living; still looking to find out the extent of my limitations.

Why would the Maples janitor an Oak on Night One? I was concerned about my private communication with Sammy Sycamore. It seemed like he was subtly trying to undermine my confidence in the Alastair vote. If Alastair is Scum, it would definitely scoot Sammy over into the Scum column in my view.

I am assuming that the Maples have limited Janitor capabilities. Otherwise, it would mess with the game mechanics. Or we won't see results until we kill the janitor which would suck. But he's not a stump. I wonder if all Townies come back as Stumps but all Scum die. :wacko: This is hurting my brain at the moment.

The rules clearly differentiate between dead players and tree stumps.

Considering Buck's contributions yesterday, I don't expect us to hear much from his stump anyway. It doesn't look like the stumps are forbidden from sending Potato Messages.

OK, if the Maples have limited janitor-shots, I would imagine Alastair was Scum. Maybe they just want to keep us confused for as long as possible. That's a possibility. But I can't imagine why they would use a janitor shot, if it was limited, this early unless it was a big strategic advantage.

Why would the Maples janitor an Oak on Night One?

SNIP

. I wonder if all Townies come back as Stumps but all Scum die. :wacko: This is hurting my brain at the moment.

I was actually wondering something similar in that even though he may have been janitored the way by which affiliation is determined is by inspecting the stump which in Alastair's case are inexistent. Would he regrow a stump? Makes no sense! The more I think about it the more I fear we will never find out if he was Maple or not ... At least not in the short term.

I was actually wondering something similar in that even though he may have been janitored the way by which affiliation is determined is by inspecting the stump which in Alastair's case are inexistent. Would he regrow a stump? Makes no sense! The more I think about it the more I fear we will never find out if he was Maple or not ... At least not in the short term.

Can you PM? If so, why wouldn't all the Oaks come claim to you now? :look: You're verified Oak.

That's certainly a possibility.

I've quoted this twice, sorry. What could the other possibilities be? :wacko:

Lassie Sassafrass, are you trying too hard to appear like an Oak, you scummy Maple?