Direlda

The Warrior and the Painter (Part 1)

DSC_0084-e1338985867964.jpg

Dispatch to the Jarl

Before I pledged my allegiance to you, I had been watching over untamed regions of Mitgardia. I have shepherded lost travelers back to the roads, discouraged unfriendly incursions with a well placed avalanche (taking care to avoid killing anyone, if possible), and discovered several unwatched routes through the mountains. I would have continued unaligned had it not been for the signs of a gathering storm. The Drow are twice as active on the southeastern borders as they have ever been in the many years I have watched them. And there are ominous rumors of a foe with powerful elementals at his command. I have not the resources to maintain the balance in the wild if either of these decides to march through. Thus, I have pledged my allegiance to you and will provide you with intelligence on the happenings in the wilds so that Mitgardia may continue to be filled with life and light.

I have wandered the wilds of Mitgard for many years and have seen sights that would leave men speechless and some that would cause ordinary men to quake in their boots. But never before have I encountered something quite like this in the wilderness.

While in the foothills of the Mitgardian Peaks, about a day’s march from the road leading through one of the guarded mountain passes, I met a strange traveler. He was an elf from Avalonia, but that wasn’t what was strange. Elves and Avalonians like to visit this time of year and I had, a few days earlier, given directions to a party of Avalonians who had become lost while trying to find a lake. He was a painter, though that wasn’t so strange; many painters try to capture views of the mountains in their paintings. No, what was strange was that he had lugged his easel into the wilderness with him.

DSC_0097-e1338985983982.jpg

All of the other painters I have met would sketch in a small book what they saw and then paint in a studio. I queried this painter about what he was doing and where he was sheltering. He ignored me until I came up to him and blocked his view of the forest and lake he was painting. As soon as he took notice of me, he wouldn’t stop babbling on about how his life’s dream was to follow a warrior around and paint his exploits. He asked me an innumerable amount of times if he could follow me. I nearly hewed his easel into several pieces because of his inability to heed my refusal of his request. Fortunately he finally seemed to get the idea that I did not want him following me.

After receiving several vague replies to my inquiries, I set out from that place. I figured that would be the last time I would see him. I was mistaken…

DSC_0088-e1338985948453.jpg

DSC_0087-e1338985908397.jpg

DSC_0139-e1338985808755.jpg

-------------------------------------------------

I welcome any comments!

Please note that I only have access to a small portion of my Lego collection at present (the rest is in another country :sad: ). I have done my best using what little I have. The general lack of pieces has forced me to be creative in my building. So while I would have liked this to be perhaps a little larger or more detailed, I will have to live with what I've got.

Part 2 will be coming "soon" - I've built the MOC for it and taken pictures, but am still writing up the bit of narrative to go with it.

Edited by Direlda

That's cool! I'll be watching to see what comes next! :thumbup:

I like the concept :classic:

Also great way of making a small hill :thumbup:

That painter can't take a hint (or direct request) :laugh: nice little build, glad to see you start contributing so fast :thumbup:

The easel works quite well :classic:

Great vignette, a nice way to introduce yourself to the guild. Mitgardia welcomes you :thumbup: