Harr me harties! I mean ahoy maties!

I'd like to present you my new ship.

I really wanted to do something with my white hull, but at first I thought it was not going to be used.

The white and black tops looked so pixelized, I had to do something. So I covered up the black with white tiles. :pir-grin:

I also got really inspired by Kurigans red walls on the inside of his new brig, but I don't like the use of electrical tape.

So I took a look at the brig made by Andersen T. and got the idea of using tiles on the side. This might also be done with the new small 1x2 rounded slopes, but I like the planked look the tiles have now.

I haven't put figures on the ship yet, I need to think of a captain and all that but I don't have the DB's to license her at the moment anyway.

So I might do that later on, but for now; enjoy the pictures!

28231872710_d9cde9feff_b.jpg

28437486361_b332aef482_b.jpg

28231872710_d9cde9feff_b.jpg

28231873000_08593111fa_b.jpg

28437486721_2d241594a9_b.jpg

28437486061_39aa2fcd77_b.jpg

Great! Another inspiring MOC from you CGH! And that's the right way to do...pretty much anything ship-related! pirate_laugh_new.gifpirate_laugh_new.gifpirate_laugh_new.gif Rigging above all is stunning for a ship of her size. Please do tell me though how many hours it took you to finish it (the rigging alone). Thanks in advance!

*Logs on, checks new posts thinks "oh look a ship by CGH - this is going to be awesome!"

Yep, sure is! Another great ship CGH, the tiles as planking have worked out really well and as usual everything else is simply superb! The colour scheme is especially pleasing on the eye. Hope you can licence this excellent creation soon - she is a beauty!

Beautiful ship, as we would expect from you! The tiles on the side work well. Nice details on the deck, and I like how you've done the small cabin at the stern. As always with your ships, she looks quite functional, as if minifigs could actually sail her!

This is good use of those narrow white hulls. The hiding of the black insets worked out so very well that I had to look twice to see what you were meant.

How is it you get those anchor cables to pass through the deck with grill tiles?

When I considered how I could do different colors outside and in, I was thinking plates which would leave a less slightly inside wall. This works out very well, having smooth plastic on both sides. If only i had enough side studded bricks, I have to wonder how well it would work on my curved hulls. Here it just looks great and I agree the tiled side seems to suggest at planks. The slight rim of red on the gun ports may have been unintentional but is and interesting bit of character.

As always your rigging and weathered sails are a treat. I like the tiny cabin, just something endearing about these kinds of cutters. I think it might add a touch of flare if you did muntins on the windows like on good-old Vesta. You’ve an interesting gun design there as well.

Though I’m still working on how submissions will be cataloged it would be great if you could submit a break down to The Foundry.

Wow ! Another excellent ship from you !

Everything is greatly done! The way you managed to hide the black side of the hull is amazing and particularly well designed ! I like this plank aspect.

Excellent job, as always !

Thank you all for the nice replies, I appreciate it! pirate_wink.gif

How is it you get those anchor cables to pass through the deck with grill tiles?

Though I’m still working on how submissions will be cataloged it would be great if you could submit a break down to The Foundry.

Underneath the grill tiles are some corner panels, so there is room for a knot there. pirate_wink.gif

And here are the cannons. The studs on the side are supposed to be the wheels, but you can of course ad 1x1 round plates if that is more to your liking.

28871186942_176c7e0c0f_b.jpg

The swivel gun is pretty straight forward I suppose.

28359497953_8043a9153d_b.jpg

Great looking sloop, Captain - there is no doubt you are one of the veterans in shipbuilding!

The highlight here is the rigging - I enjoy seeing the different blocks and tackles, and the very nice looking sails. I would have anchored the shrouds further backwards to counter the tension of the forestays, but that is a rather minor details and would have made placement of gunports somewhat complicated. Do you use glue for the ratlines? And what is the material you use for sails and string?

The hull is great too, and I like the way you have created the tumblehome (and masked the off-colour of the hull) in a very analogue way, while still making it look brilliant. To that can be added that the amount of details and the finish is an inspiration to me. It is a bit atypical for a vessel this size to have a rear cabin, I would say, but you have implemented it brilliantly!

The swivel guns are a very nice design, as is the main guns, although I think they narrow down a bit too much. However, it is a nice way to make a different size of gun the the 1x1 round brick... :pir-tongue:

Lastly, if you are interested, the Montoya Estate would be able to help you finance it (on reasonable terms, of course). Ship me a PM (OOC or IC) and we can discuss terms. :pir-blush:

EDIT: BTW, with all those headsails, would she be more correctly labelled a cutter? pirate_classic.gif

Edited by Bregir