So I know that I have already made a model for the TC6 contest (my dragline which is awesome) I feel as if supercars are doing better in this contest. I will make this car and see which model will get more love, and i'll enter that one.

So I am making the Radical RXC V8 which is a street legal supercar which has real LMP1 blood in it. here is the real one:

image.jpg?OriginalImageUrl=%2Fuk%2Fassets%2Fcms%2F1d5df1b8-4580-4c24-82ac-70a6a2551c87%2FLarge+Image.JPG%3Fp%3D131217_04%3A46&Width=615&Height=347

So for the functions is has:

-1 Servo for 4+reverse gearbox

-1 Servo for steering

-2 Xl motors or 4 L motors for propulsion

-1 M motor or L motor(s) for raising front suspension

The gearbox is already built and it works great. Pushrod suspension and double wishbone. Oh ya and its gonna be RED!!!

So what do you guys think I should use 2 XLs or 4 Ls ?

Pics coming soon :drool: :drool: :drool: !!!!!!!!!

Edited by Epic Technic

I vote for 4x L-motors if you can pack them in and brace nicely. As for the suspension lift, I'd go with M-motor with worm gearbox. Good luck!

Oh I'm so screwed here, too many great entries to match upto. Like seriously guys calm down; I've been overwhelmed by so many prestige mocs and its not even the end of January. If this radical rxc goes as well as I think it will, then it could have a good chance of being in the top 3.

Wow, this is really radical idea :wink:

I would like to see 4 L. :sweet: I had a lot of fun with that motor combination ("go kart" and "stratos") but I used 2x 8878 battery. Are you going to use 1 or 2 batteries?

Why not stay with the dragline? I think its functions are more interesting... But I'm not a big supercar fan, so my opinion might be a little biased on this topic.

So, another big red car with adaptive suspension in the contest – this could become interesting ;-) Why do you raise only the front suspension? Is the original car also doing this?

I know you will tell me off...but can I say something?

I quite like your dragline but I believe it needs more and more work. I would spend time on it rather than making another proposal.

Wow, this is really radical idea :wink:

I would like to see 4 L. :sweet: I had a lot of fun with that motor combination ("go kart" and "stratos") but I used 2x 8878 battery. Are you going to use 1 or 2 batteries?

Right now I only have one aaa battery box and some aa battery boxes but not all the batteries for the aa (I use rechargeable Duracells)

Why not stay with the dragline? I think its functions are more interesting... But I'm not a big supercar fan, so my opinion might be a little biased on this topic.

So, another big red car with adaptive suspension in the contest – this could become interesting ;-) Why do you raise only the front suspension? Is the original car also doing this?

Well the front suspension is going to be lower that the rear so on really the front needs to be raised. I think its more supercar'ish.

I know you will tell me off...but can I say something?

I quite like your dragline but I believe it needs more and more work. I would spend time on it rather than making another proposal.

Well here is the thing, I'm going to see which MOC gets more love and enter that one.

How you'll make a gearbox with 5 speed controlled by one servo? o.O

How you'll make a gearbox with 5 speed controlled by one servo? o.O

A similar linear to this one by slfroden:

And this 90° drum rotation device thing by the wonderful Piterx:

to switch the gears with a large gear rack.

Well after almost a week the gearbox has changed but no pics yet.

The gearbox is now 3 speeds + neutral + reverse. But it is now only 9 studs long.

The rear pushrod suspension is now completely complete. The front is now Pneumatic instead of a shock absorber with a mechanical lowering.

Well after almost a week the gearbox has changed but no pics yet.

The gearbox is now 3 speeds + neutral + reverse. But it is now only 9 studs long.

The rear pushrod suspension is now completely complete. The front is now Pneumatic instead of a shock absorber with a mechanical lowering.

AH yes! for going over speed bumps, I see. Otherwise you can't drive it on the road ;)

Good progress there, I really can't wait to see how it will turn out. What sort of scale is it? Is it the scale of the 8070 supercar or a smaller scale, like some of madoca's supercars? I've started to reduce the scale of my car mocs, and the effects speak for themselves. If this helps you then great, or if you had different plans, then no worries. A 9 stud gearbox is good, it means it will easily fit compactly in the moc, because radical cars are very sleek and race inspired. Whenever designing mocs like those, try to make all the components of the car as low down as possible, so that it doesn't ruin the aesthetics. Like I said a 9 stud gearbox is a great proportion, because it means that you could fit a fake engine (if you want), because some gearboxes are so bulky and big, that the designer can't fit a fake engine inside the moc if they intended to. Like I said, if this helps you then great, but if you had other plans and ideas for the car then no worries.

AH yes! for going over speed bumps, I see. Otherwise you can't drive it on the road ;)

Good progress there, I really can't wait to see how it will turn out. What sort of scale is it? Is it the scale of the 8070 supercar or a smaller scale, like some of madoca's supercars? I've started to reduce the scale of my car mocs, and the effects speak for themselves. If this helps you then great, or if you had different plans, then no worries. A 9 stud gearbox is good, it means it will easily fit compactly in the moc, because radical cars are very sleek and race inspired. Whenever designing mocs like those, try to make all the components of the car as low down as possible, so that it doesn't ruin the aesthetics. Like I said a 9 stud gearbox is a great proportion, because it means that you could fit a fake engine (if you want), because some gearboxes are so bulky and big, that the designer can't fit a fake engine inside the moc if they intended to. Like I said, if this helps you then great, but if you had other plans and ideas for the car then no worries.

I would say it is in 42009 scale but a bit wider and the same tires. It will have a fake engine, I have already made it and it has a flat plane crankshaft just like the real one, not the strange configuration crankshaft like in all the lego models.

Thanks for the encouraging words, hope you Huracan turns out well (it is so far)!!

Edited by Epic Technic

Wow, 42009 scale, bigger than I imagined. And longer as well, but then again radical cars are low down but some have long wheelbases.

'same tires' quite a wise decision, because those tires/wheels are lighter than the regular supercar wheels I think. Once I tried making a crossplane crankshaft, that didn't go very well XD. The lego engine blocks are kinda only suited for flatplane crankshafts like yours. The car

is sounding like it will turn out even better than I imagined, good luck!

Wow, 42009 scale, bigger than I imagined. And longer as well, but then again radical cars are low down but some have long wheelbases.

'same tires' quite a wise decision, because those tires/wheels are lighter than the regular supercar wheels I think. Once I tried making a crossplane crankshaft, that didn't go very well XD. The lego engine blocks are kinda only suited for flatplane crankshafts like yours. The car

is sounding like it will turn out even better than I imagined, good luck!

Oh s**t I messed up, I meant 42000 scale, with the same wheels.

Yh 42000 scale is what I used before, but my mocs started to get too heavy at that scale, and required 2 XL motors (minimum) to power it. My TC6 huracan is a couple studs smaller in length and width, and the awd design means that it could be powered by just 1 L motor, even on half battery usage gone. That radical is going to be really easy for you to design because its so large, and therefore it can be even sleeker. For my scale it means that everything must be compact, but despite how many motors you use, it will still be light. My huracan almost completed, weighs about the same as the 42000, despite having 4 motors, more than 10 panels, a full 4wd system, 4 speed gearbox, scissor doors and more. Btw will you be using red for the colour?

your gearbox looks Very good ;) but you have said that you want to use only one battery box, I don't know what Will be The final gearing (maybe The higher gear 1,6:1 if you gear up The motors and use The New differential gear To balance It?) but i mind you that you can't power 4G motors With a medium-high load with only one battery box due To The battery box thermal cutoff, and also you have To consider that your Car has To be ready for an sbrick so if you use 2 battery boxes you need The old electric connector brick To put them parallely for the sbrick

hope i've explained Well My question