Sign in to follow this  
no_skill

no_skill checking in

Hello, I'm no_skill. My name reflects my MOC'ing capabilities...especially compared to the beautiful creations I see throughout the community. I've been lurking this forum for several months, and I must say it is a great place!

I have been obsessed with the brick since infancy but had a lengthy dark ages (about 18 years) that was broken in year 2000 when my eldest son turned 3. My son's wide excited eyes as I unveiled the LEGO collection of my youth is something I'll never forget. For almost two decades, nearly every element of every set obtained during my childhood moved from place to place in a big cardboard box, patiently awaiting the day of a whole new life! Honestly, I still remember every set of my childhood. I have fond memories of them all!

Looking for instructions to recreate those childhood sets introduced me to the on-line community: first Lugnet, then Brickshelf, then...you get the picture. I flirted with a LUG prior to my last home move, but did not have the free time necessary to become an active member. Instead I decided to concentrate on what I like best, building and playing with my kids (now there are three) and lurking, occasionally contributing to online communities.

I feel privileged to have been active in the hobby during some landmark times in LEGO history...I saw the development of the minifig when I was a kid, and now I see widening application of SNOT, efforts at enhanced realism, and development of adult themes and communities. Awesome!

Presently, I am most interested in Trains & Town, but keep my eye on Star Wars and Indy as that's what my kids are into. Oh, and since I missed Pirates during my dark ages, I've been making up for it since the theme was reintroduced.

Cheers!

no_skill

Welcome to EB! I also hope your skills improve. The mods can change your name to little skill, some skill, and now I'm just getting carried away!

*snip*I'm just getting carried away!*snip*

Now what fun would that name be? :grin:

Welcome to Eurobricks! :classic: I'm positive that with practice, your MOCing skill will unwrap itself and one day you'll make that special MOC that will get you ready for action!

MOCing comes better with practice, so have a little family build time with your kids, and try to have an interactive masterpiece build with a little help from everyone. :sweet:

Enjoy your stay!

-Striker

Now what fun would that name be? :grin:

I don't know if that would be that great. If I could pick a title I'd have to be " Or even Corn Flakes!" It is a long story but when ever I say it It makes me smile. :sweet: My sigfig MUST smile. :grin:

Hello, I'm no_skill. My name reflects my MOC'ing capabilities...especially compared to the beautiful creations I see throughout the community. I've been lurking this forum for several months, and I must say it is a great place!

Well it's about time you joined us! Welcome! I'm not much of a MOC'er either, mostly for lack of time and space, but I can certainly understand the feeling.

For almost two decades, nearly every element of every set obtained during my childhood moved from place to place in a big cardboard box, patiently awaiting the day of a whole new life!

Great story! :thumbup:

I flirted with a LUG prior to my last home move, but did not have the free time necessary to become an active member.

We're like the LUG you always have time for because we're always here waiting for you. :wink:

Presently, I am most interested in Trains & Town, but keep my eye on Star Wars and Indy as that's what my kids are into.

You might also want to visit Classic-Town.net, the blog of our Town forum and a great source of interesting MOCs that you might miss otherwise (we post things from a wide array of sources).

It's great to have you, thanks for joining!

If I could pick a title I'd have to be " Or even Corn Flakes!" It is a long story but when ever I say it It makes me smile. :sweet: My sigfig MUST smile. :grin:

Tell the story! :wink:

Tell the story! :wink:

My brother(TFOL) got his first Lego Indy set. He was wishing the Jock figure had a blue hat and I had a spare that came with community wokers. I gave it to him and he switched them out. He showed me this

It said Corn Flakes or even Batman. My brother is strange! I later said " Or even Corn Flakes!" as a reply to something he said. He just found that funny. How I said it reminded me of one of my old teachers. She wasn't very old and her class was fun. It was science class and two kids had to sit on stools and I was one of them. The stolls had names on them and I put Stan on mine. Most of my teachers were old or mean. It just reminded me of my childhood and has become a joke around my brother and I. I'm smiling while posting this. Lego has done alot for me. I loved it as a child and years later still buy sets. Now it even reminds me of my childhood.(nonLego stuff)

Told you it was a long story.

Hello no_skill and welcome to the world of the few_skilled and master_builders. :classic:

I fully understand your name choice, looking at the great MOC here lately, but I hope a name change isn´t excluded in the future. :wink:

I will attend to my first masterbuilders event in Oberhausen in august.

Nice story you told. I´ve experienced something similar with my children.