Sign in to follow this  
Mr Muscle

MLCAD "encrypts" LDR-files - massive problem

What in earth could this be. I just found out while starting to backup my LDR-files, that they actually do not exist. Yes, I can open these files in MLCAD, I can save them, and I can create new files. But they are missing. I can't locate them from my project folder, not even from whole computer. Windows 7 (64bit) just can't find them. But they are there because I can open them, modify and save! This is driving me nuts. Seems like MLCAD some how encrypts these files or something, because they have small lock-icon. I tried to seek for an explanation for this but nothing. I have removed every possible file and folder administration restrictions from Windows, but no help. I tried also to save to DAT-format, but same problem.

From MLCAD's open-window I can't copy a file and paste it elsewhere (File is missing). I have MLCAD 3.30, older version did not have this problem.

Please somebody help me out with this...

*SOLVED*, here is the answer:

http://channel9.msdn.com/forums/TechOff/468186-Windows-7-strange-locked-files-hidden-to-explorer/

post-1800-129156768876.jpg

Edited by Mr Muscle

What in earth could this be. I just found out while starting to backup my LDR-files, that they actually do not exist. Yes, I can open these files in MLCAD, I can save them, and I can create new files. But they are missing. I can't locate them from my project folder, not even from whole computer. Windows 7 (64bit) just can't find them. But they are there because I can open them, modify and save! This is driving me nuts. Seems like MLCAD some how encrypts these files or something, because they have small lock-icon. I tried to seek for an explanation for this but nothing. I have removed every possible file and folder administration restrictions from Windows, but no help. I tried also to save to DAT-format, but same problem.

From MLCAD's open-window I can't copy a file and paste it elsewhere (File is missing). I have MLCAD 3.30, older version did not have this problem.

Please somebody help me out with this...

I think it has to do with windows because I ever had the same problem (including the small lock picture), but not with ldr files (it were mp3 files). I never found a solution.

Strange problem. Never had any problem with this.

Seems to be a windows problem and not MLCad.

Yep, Windows seems to be problem definetly...

Find it! Here is the answer: http://channel9.msdn.com/forums/TechOff/468186-Windows-7-strange-locked-files-hidden-to-explorer/

(moving MLCAD to other drive to prevent this happen anymore)

Edited by Mr Muscle

Seems to be a windows problem and not MLCad.

Well technically it's an MLCad problem, if MLCad is defaulting to saving within the Program Files structure, since applications aren't supposed to do this under Windows. It doesn't always manifest under older versions of Windows, if the user is running with full administrative rights, but will under Vista and above due to the tighter security.