Who Thinks There Are Mini Linear Actuators?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that there are functional, mini Linear Actuators in the backhoe? Yes or no? This is not a public poll, so your answers will remain anonymous.

• Yes
    • No

From TechnicBRICKS:

January:

8065 - Mini Dump Truck, 9.99€

8066 - SUV, 14.99€

8067 - Mobile Mini-crane, 19.99€

8068 - Rescue Helicopter, 29.99€

8069 - Backhoe, 49.99€

March, then comes back with:

8070 - Super Car, 109.99€

Prices are believed to be German prices so ad a few Euro,Pounds or whatever...

So let's stir up the discussion!

Mine:Give me pictures and other info!

Edited by DLuders

Shame the helicopter is not a flagship. Would love to get a big studless plane or copter.

What are your guesses on the supercar? LAMBO or something else?

It will only use PF for hood, seats and spoiler, so it will most likely be something similar to 8297 - Extreme offroader 2. That's too bad, because I was really hoping for PF driven car. It looks like don't dare to produce RC controled wheeled vehicle. On reason is that they would probably need new variable speed remote (the one from trains is not suitable for cars) or the car would be very slow. Also, some elements are very stressed with technic biult cars, and after all the trouble with 8043 I think that they are very happy that they didn' took that route.

The price is ok though and if the design is ok I think that it could be very succesful. 4 speed transmission is nice improvment from 8297 and I'm sure that many mods will occur with full PF motorization.

March relase date also gives us hope for another large set in 2H2011.

I bet the Backhoe will be pneumatic :)

Comparisons with another backhoe will be unavoidable :hmpf::laugh: .

8067 - Mobile Mini-crane, 19.99€

Usually sets included in this price range are good (#8047 :wub: ...) or at least interesting, so I expect good things from this one :thumbup: .

Edited by Plastic Nurak

SUV sounds relatively interesting. Has there ever been a smaller/medium-sized SUV? (I consider 8297 a SUV)

I'm just waiting for the super car, not one came out since I got back into LEGO, so I'm really looking forward to it.

Comparisons with another backhoe will be unavoidable :hmpf::laugh: .

Just comparing with the best of the best! :hmpf:

Being a smaller set, guess we are limited to the "Technic Digger Bucket 8x10" from the current parts assortment, thus giving a backhoe in the scale of 8271 or 8283.

We all now that TLG has not been very prone to design new sized buckets/shovels...

It might be really interesting though!

I think when they say "Super car" they mean just that. A SuperCar. Not a supercar that we have come to know in Lego terms, but a supercar of the real world. I also bet that it will be 1:10 scale considering it has a 4 speed transmission which seems like a step backwards, but would also fit into that scale car properly. It is going to be interesting to see what actually transpires out of this. I just hope to God that whatever it is, it isn't red. :classic:

I just hope supercar's 4 speed transmision is a really transmission, not a switcher for various PF motorised functions like 8258. Backhoe small pneumatic cylinders anyone?

Backhoe small pneumatic cylinders anyone?

For 50 Euro? If the price is right then it is the same as the Forest Loader... but there only 2 cylinders exist. A mini-Backhoe would be nice - but hmm...? However it would continue the idea of Pneumatics in smaller sets.

Edited by roamingstudio

A backhoe for 50 euros doesn't seem like it would be fully featured. Backhoes need to have 7 different functions at a minimum, and more if you include outriggers or other things.

The super car sounds more interesting though. We're long overdue for one of those now. However, if it has PF stuff at that price point, I'm not sure how large or mechanically-focused the design would be. It may be more like 8297 than the old super cars.

Edited by CP5670

All sounds quite interesting. I do hope the JCB is pneumatic but a fully functional mid scale gear driven back hoe would be quite interesting, but ONLY because it's mid scale.

The supercar also sounds cool but remember, these are only the sets for the first half of the year. The really interesting stuff comes after these.

I just hope supercar's 4 speed transmision is a really transmission, not a switcher for various PF motorised functions like 8258. Backhoe small pneumatic cylinders anyone?

That is what I am thinking as well. More of a 4 function transmission. It really doesn't make sense why they would include a 4 speed transmission that has been outdated for 15 years. And honestly, it seems kind of stupid to have a motor opening the doors and the hood. I can see maybe for the spoiler postion. Those are probably the 4 functions. Hood, Left door, Right door, and Spoiler.

I was just checking around the net and there is an Indonesian Lego forum where they were discussing the 8070 supercar set back in the middle of July. :wacko:

Supposedly this new supercar looks like a mixture of a Lamborghini and Ferrari and is red in color. :sceptic: Red again?

Edited by Meatman

All sounds quite interesting. I do hope the JCB is pneumatic but a fully functional mid scale gear driven back hoe would be quite interesting, but ONLY because it's mid scale.

I think even a purely geared backhoe would be too complex for a 50 euro set, if it has all the functions properly done. They might be the kind of half-baked functions we've seen on some recent sets, where the control knob is right next to the function and there is no real mechanism involved. :tongue:

I hope the mini mobile ctane is a larger all terrain cranes.

For the SUV I hope its Around the same size as the 8261 Rally truck.

The others also sound great. :thumbup:

Shame the helicopter is not a flagship. Would love to get a big studless plane or copter.

Same here still nice to get a new Helicopter. :thumbup:

...... a new Helicopter. :thumbup:......

We had a helicopter in the 1h2010 sets....8046-1.jpg

So please tell me why this is good news...

Edited by JunkstyleGio

We had a helicopter in the 1h2010 sets....8046-1.jpg

So please tell me why this is good news...

Double the price now? So it will be bigger

I only wish the helicopter wasn't red and white again. What about blue and white? Sadly, I think that not.

I still cannot wait for the picture.

I still cannot wait for the picture.

Indeed, when it comes to rumours of new sets I am reminded of the crude but rather apt internet-phrase: pics or gt*o :tongue:

Edit: lol, word filters :laugh:

Edited by phool