Sign in to follow this  
Aquila D'oro

Questions on Shipping

hay everyone, im thinking of ways to get around paying the somewhat steep postal charges for buying the 10210 and indeed the national postal service .... being a somewhat collector id rather not have this set crushed etc. Anyway one of the ideas is to hire a currier to pick them up from the warehouse but i need to know the dimensions and weight of each carton, so to those of you who are fortunate to get one so soon *ENVIOUS!!* :pir_laugh2: could you please fill me in? - cheers.

oh and could you make the measurements in metric i.e. cm's and kg's lol thanks

Also does anyone know the address of the lego warehouse in Sydney??

Edited by Phred

Bricklink says that the box is 2590 grams and 58x38x9 centimeters. I'm not sure how accurate Bricklink is, but this seems reasonable. I don't own the set, but maybe someone who does can verify.

Hope this helped.

Bricklink says that the box is 2590 grams and 58x38x9 centimeters. I'm not sure how accurate Bricklink is, but this seems reasonable. I don't own the set, but maybe someone who does can verify.

Hope this helped.

cheers i figured it would be somewhat similar to the 8421 crane so those measurements are quite close

ive done some google mapping.. and wikimaping

the lego warehouse is located:

Lincoln St and Lloyd Rees Drive

Lane Cove

NSW 2066

not as easy as you think to find.....

Do you know that the sets will even be in the Lane Cove warehouse? In my experience S@H deliveries themselves go through the courier company, which is located in Matraville. S@H orders are treated differently to standard retail stock and I doubt LEGO will sell you this directly and allow you to pick it up. Even if they do I bet they still charge the shipping rate to get it to Australia in the first place, since stock won't be locally warehoused here. But let us know how you go!

Do you know that the sets will even be in the Lane Cove warehouse? In my experience S@H deliveries themselves go through the courier company, which is located in Matraville. S@H orders are treated differently to standard retail stock and I doubt LEGO will sell you this directly and allow you to pick it up. Even if they do I bet they still charge the shipping rate to get it to Australia in the first place, since stock won't be locally warehoused here. But let us know how you go!

wow that does not sound promising at all :pir_laugh2: , i'll try the S@H address as well. I guess im really waiting on getting a call back from lego/S@H customer service for more info and if it can be done, but they're taking their sweet big behind time just doing that....

If you really are worried about MISB quality I would just pay the extra $55 and have it Express shipped from LEGO. That way you get it very quickly, it comes via a proper DHL courier rather than dodgy Aus Post, and it spends a lot less time in transit (ie a lot less time in transit with the associated risks of crushing). Also don't buy anything else large at the same time as LEGO's packing staff are morons and they tend to put heavy boxes on lighter boxes etc which can result in damage.

Express shipping is not perfect but it can be a lot better than standard. And if the set does come damaged, ring up S@H using the freecall numbers on the website and complain, and they will probably refund your shipping.

Yes, it's expensive, but that's the price of shipping to Australia :sceptic:

Other than that you can wait and see if one of the retailers picks this up in time for the July sales and pick a box then (this is usually what happens with large Exclusives - either K-Mart, Myer or DJs ends up bringing in a limited amount for the July toy sales).

If you really are worried about MISB quality I would just pay the extra $55 and have it Express shipped from LEGO. That way you get it very quickly, it comes via a proper DHL courier rather than dodgy Aus Post, and it spends a lot less time in transit (ie a lot less time in transit with the associated risks of crushing). Also don't buy anything else large at the same time as LEGO's packing staff are morons and they tend to put heavy boxes on lighter boxes etc which can result in damage.

Express shipping is not perfect but it can be a lot better than standard. And if the set does come damaged, ring up S@H using the freecall numbers on the website and complain, and they will probably refund your shipping.

Yes, it's expensive, but that's the price of shipping to Australia :sceptic:

Other than that you can wait and see if one of the retailers picks this up in time for the July sales and pick a box then (this is usually what happens with large Exclusives - either K-Mart, Myer or DJs ends up bringing in a limited amount for the July toy sales).

If I was only getting 1 set then i agree its not a big an issue, im getting 10 (maybe more)... so thats $450-550 down the drain... which is just cruel :pir-skull:

as for retailers: ive been told directly from toys r us they wont be getting this set and further more, this is the response i got from TLG when asking about store availability for the 10210 in Australia:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

The LEGO® set you ask about is only sold through Shop at Home and through our own LEGO shops.

Maybe the easiest way to get hold of it is to go to www.LEGOshop.com, or call one of our experts. It's free to call our experts on:

Tollfree: 1800 683 100 for Australia and 0800 534 643 for New Zealand.

Opening Hours: Monday through Friday 9am - 5pm AEST.

Actually, we sell all sorts of LEGO toys through Shop at Home, and we're always changing what's there. You'll find brand new sets, exclusive toys and accessories, and every fortnight there's new special offers. Brilliant!

Please get in touch again if you need anything else (you'll need to remind me of the reference number on this letter).

Happy building!

Gitte Russell

LEGO Direct

that phone number (for aust) is the one ive been ringing repeatedly without answer... DAMN YOU TLG!! :cannon:

Despite what they say now, this will end up in a department store or at a pinch K-Mart or Target as an exclusive on sale either in July or next Xmas. Not TRU.

If you are buying that many, why not do a test order with Express shipping of 3 or 4 and pay the $100 all at once. I think you may be pleasantly surprised. Boxes of the same size tend not to crush each other. If you are seriously buying 10 or more then honestly paying a bit extra in shipping doesn't strike me as a huge problem :grin:

is that $45/100 for combined shipping, because i was under the impression it was $45/100 standard for each set

okay.........

i just tried what you said .... and it comes up as still being either $45 standard or $100 express for all 10 sets...... DOH!!! (feeling like a monumental prat right)

okay im placing an order right now!

thank you everybody!!!!!!

(especialy Svelte) :pir-tongue::pir_laugh2:

also note..... $100 postage by TLG is cheaper than some of the qoutes ive been getting from curriers (when youre posting several items at least) lol

AAAHHHHHHH so much more releived now - Cheers :pir-classic::thumbup:

Edited by Aquila D'oro

How are you able to get ten? Here in the US they have a 5 unit limit per person. Is the US the only country with this limit or are there others? :pir-sceptic:

Since Aquila D´oro said he/she is buying about 10 sets for $450 - $500,

my guess is that he/she only is buying one Imperial Flagship and some

other smaller sets. Otherwise the Imperial Ships are really cheap...

As far as the limit per customer I don´t know if it is the same in all

countries, but I think it is. Also, if you really want more of the ship,

there are multiple ways of getting more of it. :pir-classic:

Sincerely//

Admiral Red-Hair

My order of the Imperial Flagship from S@H Australia has been shipped.

I picked standard shipping. :( I hope my boxes dont get crushed.

Will update details once I get them. If they are crushed etc I might send a friendly email to Lego and see what they have to say for themselves.

They have been pretty helpfull esp when I was missing one piece on my 8420 set, I got a replacement sent (for free) from germany!

Since Aquila D´oro said he/she is buying about 10 sets for $450 - $500,

my guess is that he/she only is buying one Imperial Flagship and some

other smaller sets. Otherwise the Imperial Ships are really cheap...

As far as the limit per customer I don´t know if it is the same in all

countries, but I think it is. Also, if you really want more of the ship,

there are multiple ways of getting more of it. :pir-classic:

Sincerely//

Admiral Red-Hair

No sorry for the confusion let me explain:

I was under the impression that the standard shipping cost was $45 for each item over the value of $250, hence i thought that if i bought 10 ships the postage would be 10 x $45 = $450 just to post them out, that being the reason i was kicking up a fuss and trying to find way around it. :pir-tongue:

As it happens $45 is the maximum they will charge for a delivery order over $250 (not per item) which is great news, so i've bought 12 IFS's with the express postage cost of $100 for all 12 ships to be delivered

although i forgot to add a pirate battle pack into my order :pir-hmpf_bad: so i'll be giving them a ring in the morning......

However if i do get pulled up by TLG for ordering the same set multiple times, i'll let you know

Edited by Aquila D'oro

Can I ask why you ordering so many? Resell? Keep in a box for all of eternity?

2 for my fleet and 10 for ebay in 2011 (or later)

Reason: if you check bricklink stores for this set right now some are selling them for 3 times the original price, and this is when its just become available to buy for the last 10 days.

So my guess is when lego stop making it (supposedly mid this year) and people miss out (which always happens especially when there is such high demand) on what is the one and only desent sized/armed imperial ship ever released by TLG, I imagine the price will be quite high for a MISB 10210 in just 1 maybe 2 years time, hence i bought 12 today... and if i get some more disposable income hopefully a few more.

With a bit of luck they may find their way into department stores which will save me effort and postage, plus they may discount them towards the end of the year.

You see im very greatful there are collectors/fans of lego because i wouldnt have any of the ships i currently own if they didnt exist, I was either too young to look after my original ship(s) properly, or i didnt have the pocket money/opportunity to buy them in the first place. So now as an adult i can indulge a little, having said that im no where near up to the same scale as some of the members here, there are some amazing collections - i went though a couple of MOC threads .... wow :pir-cry_happy:

still i have my own pirate flagship im improving/working on :pir-classic:

2 for my fleet and 10 for ebay in 2011 (or later)

You see im very greatful there are collectors/fans of lego because i wouldnt have any of the ships i currently own if they didnt exist, I was either too young to look after my original ship(s) properly, or i didnt have the pocket money/opportunity to buy them in the first place. So now as an adult i can indulge a little, having said that im no where near up to the same scale as some of the members here, there are some amazing collections - i went though a couple of MOC threads .... wow :pir-cry_happy:

still i have my own pirate flagship im improving/working on :pir-classic:

Same here. I just came out of my dark age and I ma having to do all kinds of repairs on my pirate ships. I have some minor yellowing on the skull eyes schooner and I have some other pirate sets with broken pieces. Thankfully I came out of my dark age in time to indulge in the Imperial Flagship. I am hoping I will be able to get a total of 5-6 for my fleet. :pir-sweet: I am wondering though when the ship will be discontinued? Does anybody know when Lego plans to discontinue the new Imperial Flagship? :pir-sceptic:

Aquila D'oro

Please be aware that Shop@Home Australia charges your CC in "DNK" - ie It says $500AUD but when it comes to your credit card company they see it as "DNK" and processes it as a "Single Currency Transaction: A transaction made in Australian dollars with an internationally-designated merchant."

Check your card for this Currency Transaction, some cards have it some dont.

Mine was 2% on top. So if the total including shipping was $500AUD it became $510AUD. (2%) Fee.

Aquila D'oro

Please be aware that Shop@Home Australia charges your CC in "DNK" - ie It says $500AUD but when it comes to your credit card company they see it as "DNK" and processes it as a "Single Currency Transaction: A transaction made in Australian dollars with an internationally-designated merchant."

Check your card for this Currency Transaction, some cards have it some dont.

Mine was 2% on top. So if the total including shipping was $500AUD it became $510AUD. (2%) Fee.

thanks for the tip d00dz - that could be a bit of a bollocking, come to think of it i didnt see any notice that it would be in DNK everything was listed as AUD from start to finish ..... my total invoice was nearly $3500. *eep!*

fortunately the credit card i used is useless at everything except they dont charge for currency conversions and overseas withdrawal/usage (perfect for ebay!!). Although i wont count my chickens just yet, i'll double check when the payment goes through :pir-sceptic: not that i'll be able to do a single thing about it by then :pir_laugh2:

Edited by Aquila D'oro

I have never had that experience, doodz.

I always get charged the exact total in AUD that S@H says it will - there's never been an additional currency conversion fee.

After your last experience I would pay for the best quality shipping you can afford and choke up the cost. You don't want to have your wonderful :jollyroger: :pir-skull: Aust post :pir-skull: :jollyroger: go on strike again just when your shipment of 10 ships arrives and wait as they develop mold in the sails and the bricks expand and warp in the sun and your box becomes rament etc... :pir-classic:

Edited by bengun

After your last experience I would pay for the best quality shipping you can afford and choke up the cost. You don't want to have your wonderful :jollyroger: :pir-skull: Aust post :pir-skull: :jollyroger: go on strike again just when your shipment of 10 ships arrives and wait as they develop mold in the sails and the bricks expand and warp in the sun and your box becomes rament etc... :pir-classic:

The orders already been made - the ships are on back order.... however they will be travelling express :pir-classic:

Also TLG do say in their shipping and handling page that items are to arrive to the customers highest expectations or you can ask for a replacement/refund etc

the problem with ordering from overseas, is that the each countries postal service can just blame one another all year long without getting you a result. or in my case take whats left of the item and throw it on a camp fire :pir-hmpf_bad::pir-sceptic:

Hi Everyone,

I'm from Singapore, I'm curious about why most lego pirate sets from U.S, which I've found in Ebay, do not provide worldwide shipping. It seems like most sellers prefer to ship only within the U.S. Anyone cares to enlighten me? This issue poses a problem to my pirate collections.

Thank you.

I guess it costs a lot to ship to Singapore.

I've bought 3 different Lego items on Ebay, from Singapore of course and all three of the packages had been opened.

I guess it costs a lot to ship to Singapore.

I've bought 3 different Lego items on Ebay, from Singapore of course and all three of the packages had been opened.

Thanks for the fast reply.

I do not think the cost of shipping is an issue as it is normally paid by the buyer, furthermore, I'm always ready to pay the shipping.

As for your bad experiences, I'm sorry. Rightfully it should not happen, could it be the custom over there in U.S opened it to verify the content as the security there is a bit more tight compare to other countries?

Edited by buffy