Walter Kovacs

Unrest in the Forest - Day 7: Permanent Waves

Day 7: Permanent Waves

There is unrest in the forest

There is trouble with the trees

For the Maples want more sunlight

And the Oaks ignore their pleas

The trouble with the Maples

(And they're quite convinced they're right)

They say the Oaks are just too lofty

And they grab up all the light

But the Oaks can't help their feelings

If they like the way they're made

And they wonder why the Maples

Can't be happy in their shade

There is trouble in the forest

And the creatures all have fled

As the Maples scream 'Oppression!'

And the Oaks just shake their heads

So the Maples formed a union

And demanded equal rights

'The Oaks are just too greedy

We will make them give us light'

Night comes for the sixth time to the Forest Clearing of Galidor. The all too familiar hum of the generators and thwacks of axe falls soon fills the air.

day_7-1.png

Mr Big Chief begins his night by taking down one of the smallest remaining trees.

day_7-2.png

It is not difficult, and soon Jack Pine lies on the forest floor.

day_7-3.png

Since he is in the area, Mr Big Chief tackles the next tree, which is a bit more substantial.

day_7-4.png

It isn’t long before William Willow joins his bretheren in the stumpy afterlife.

day_7-5.png

Meanwhile Burt and Ernie go to work on a decent sized tree.

day_7-6.png

They watch, satisfied, as Bruce Spruce crashes to the ground.

day1-1.png

The following morning, Alden the Elder Alder speaks to the diminished forest.

“Ahh, feel the wind blowing through your leaves. Strange thing, the wind, almost like a semi-permanent wave, always there, but changing form.” The remaining trees aren’t sure what to make of the Alder’s sudden, philosophical tangent.

“I have good news and I have bad news,” he continues. “Bad news first. We lost two good trees last night. Bruce Spruce and William Willow were both Oaks.”

“However, there is good news. Jack Pine was decidedly a Maple, just as you suspected.

“There is still hope. You found one Maple, you can find the rest. Go to it.”

The NPCs:

alden2.png

Elder Alden Alder

burt.png

Burt

ernie.png

Ernie

mr_big_chief.png

Mr Big Chief

walter.png

Walter

The Players:

adelaide.png

Adelaide Apple, played by TinyPiesRUs

lassie.png

Lassie Sassafras, played by fhomess

sammy.png

Sammy Sycamore, played by Fugazi

simon.png

Simon Persimmon, played by Hinckley

sue.png

Sue Sumac, played by Bob

The Fallen:

alastair.png

Alastair Pear, played by Brickelodeon – Lynched Day 1 – Alignment Unknown

laurel_-_stump.png

Lauren Laurel, played by PirateDave84 – Felled Night 1 – Oak

buck_-_stump.png

Buck “Dollar” Poplar, played by Mencot – Felled Night 1 - Oak

catarina_-_stump.png

Catarina Dogwood, played by adventurer1 – Lynched Day 2 - Oak

agnes_-_stump.png

Agnes Cyprus, played by JackJonesPaw – Felled Night 2 - Oak

vicky_-_stump.png

Vicky Hickory, played by Stickfig – Felled Night 2 – Oak

larry_-_stump.png

Larry Larch, played by TheLazyChicken – Lynched Day 3 - Oak

clem_-_stump.png

Clem Elm, played by Scaevola – Felled Night 3 – Oak

bobby_-_stump2.png

Bobby Beech, played by Lord Duvors – Felled Night 3 - Oak

barry_-_hole.png

Barry Cherry, played by jluck – Felled Night 3 – Alignment Unknown

hazel_-_hole.png

Hazel Hazelnut, played by Goliath – Lynched Day 4 – Alignment Unknown

maggie_-_stump.png

Maggie Magnolia, played by Calanon – Felled Night 4 – Oak

waldorf_-_stump.png

Waldorf Walnut, played by jamesn – Felled Night 4 – Oak

berty_-_stump.png

Berty Birch, played by Dragonfire – Lynched Day 5 – Oak

nash_-_stump.png

Nash Ash, played by Zepher – Felled Night 5 – Oak

chester_-_stump.png

Chester Chestnut, played by Lego Spy – Felled Night 5 – Oak

peter_-_hole.png

Peter Cedar, played by badboytje88 – Felled Night 5 – Alignment Unknown

jack_-_stump.png

Jack Pine, played by mostlytechnic – Lynched Day 6 - Maple

william_-_stump.png

William Willow, played by Scubacarrot – Felled Night 6 – Oak

bruce_-_stump.png

Bruce Spruce, played by Tamamono – Felled Night 6 - Oak

The Rules, by which we shall play:

1. Each player will be given a character to play. That character will be aligned with either the Oaks or the Maples. To win the game, the Oaks must lynch or kill off all of the Maples, while the Maples need to outnumber the voting members of the Oaks. Any Third Party characters will have their own win conditions.

2. Each day will be played out in its own topic. During the day you will be able to vote to expel (lynch) a player. Voting must be done in the following format: Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format: Unvote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. A majority vote is required to expel (lynch) a player, meaning that over half of the remaining players must vote for the same player to warrant a lynch.

3. A game day will last for 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. The day will end after those 72 hours. After the day has concluded, a night will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of nighttime. You may not post about the game openly on Eurobricks during that time (but may continue to use private messages).

4. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day.

5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to you by the game host via PM. This includes the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.

6. You may not quote/post anything sent to you by another player via PM. If you wish to use information gained in this way, you must do so in your own words only.

7. Do not play the game outside the day threads. Similarly, do not post out-of-character inside the day threads. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.

8a. If you are a Tree Stump, you MAY (and are encouraged to) continue to take part in the Day thread discussions. Tree Stumps may not Vote, they may not use Night Actions, and they cannot be voted for or targeted at night.

8b. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players (living or dead). Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.

9. Don't edit your posts.

10. You must post in every day thread.

11. Violation of the above rules will result in a 5-vote penalty against you on your first offense, and the death of your character on your second offense.

12. If at any time another player asks you to violate these rules (for example, asking you to give them your role PM), report this to the host immediately along with PM proof of the violation.

Oh my God, we have a solid answer. And my instincts are all out of whack. :wacko: Jack is a Maple, there is a janitor, William was not being set up for an epic Scum win. :blush:

Bruce, what do you think of the conversation we were having before you were killed? About n7510 n3985.

Wait, there was a janitor and it was Jack. Like I said...then ignored. :look: My mind is all mushy.

So, we have Jack, Barry and Peter, all maples, but not sure about the rest, right? Perhaps Alastair and Hazel were Oaks? How many of these Maples are out there?? I'm not a fan of not knowing these things.

If there's five of us then there are only 2 Maples max, right?

Two things strike me as weird:

1. Everything Sammy has ever said during this game.

2. Lassie realizing that Barry mentioned Bobby and Clem as kill targets meant there was a janitor, then accepting that only Oaks are stumps, then blowing off the discrepancy when asked about it.

And 3, Sue. Flies under the radar.

And Adelaide might be Scum too. :wacko:

All I know is I'm an Oak. :cry_sad: I don't think I've ever been in a game that was down to five people.

- There is definitely a janitor, and it was almost certainly Jack. HAZEL WAS AN OAK.

- It is very likely that the SK is dead. The SK was probably Peter.

- There are five trees alive; Simon is the only clear. There are one or two Maples.

We need to look into the trees who pushed for the "all 3rd party/Maples alignments are hidden" idea.

There was almost a No Lynch yesterday. Jack, William and Sue all voted for Adelaide, then Sue switched at the last minute to get a lynch on Jack. Had Sue not done this, town would have lost last night.

Adelaide did not vote when Jack was being lynched. (this was after the hammer)

Lassie, Simon and Sammy all voted for Jack.

I think that Adelaide comes out of this looking scummy, and Sue looking more towny.

Did n3610 know about n4913?

Only n7019

I think we can thank n4636 EQFQ

I believe Jack was the janitor, his stump is left. Peter was the serial killer, there were only three kills left. Of the five trees left there should only be one maple left. I still think Hazel was a maple.

Adelaide has been staring at the forum a lot, which creeps me out. Wasn't she the other lynch candidate yesterday, though? Did it go stagnant because we had two Scum in the crosshairs again? And what about Sammy, how did he behave?

Oh right, Sammy voted minutes after my vote. He was cleared as Town by Waldorf, same as me. Perhaps I'm being paranoid? It would be a bad idea to lynch a verified Oak today. Could Adelaide be the last one? :look: We really don't have much to go on. :look:

I believe Jack was the janitor, his stump is left. Peter was the serial killer, there were only three kills left. Of the five trees left there should only be one maple left. I still think Hazel was a maple.

Hazel is 99% confirmed an Oak in my eyes.

There was a janitor. Why would a Maple break the rules to tell an Oak stump that she was, in fact, a janitored Oak? Surely it would hurt the Oaks more not to give them the information, or to give them the wrong information?

I think Peter was the SK, which leads me to believe that there might be two Maples left. Unless Alastair was a maple.

When I brought up yesterday about Jack and Adelaide voting for the majority lynch on opposite days till Day 5 (Berty), both of them ignored my observation. Neither responded, and in the last few minutes of voting I asked Adelaide if she would cast a vote for anyone.....she left as voting closed. No vote from her.

Oh right, Sammy voted minutes after my vote. He was cleared as Town by Waldorf, same as me. Perhaps I'm being paranoid? It would be a bad idea to lynch a verified Oak today. Could Adelaide be the last one? :look: We really don't have much to go on. :look:

I agree about Sammy. Concerning Adelaide, you know what?

Stump Vote: Adelaide Apple (TPRU)

There was a janitor. Why would a Maple break the rules to tell an Oak stump that she was, in fact, a janitored Oak? Surely it would hurt the Oaks more not to give them the information, or to give them the wrong information?

I think Peter was the SK, which leads me to believe that there might be two Maples left. Unless Alastair was a maple.

Why anyone would break the rules for anything is beyond me. It could ruin the game for everyone, so I chose to not use the information passed to you.

Not mine. At all.

To cause confusion about the remaining numbers? :look: I don't know. Maybe you're right... :wacko:

When I brought up yesterday about Jack and Adelaide voting for the majority lynch on opposite days till Day 5 (Berty), both of them ignored my observation. Neither responded, and in the last few minutes of voting I asked Adelaide if she would cast a vote for anyone.....she left as voting closed. No vote from her.

She told me in private we thought we had said Jack had been cleared by an investigator. Then she quoted something from me that was two thoughts run together. It kind of looks like I was saying he was investigated, but I know we were clear by the end of the day that it was Sammy who had been investigated. I'll find the quote.

Adelaide has been staring at the forum a lot, which creeps me out. Wasn't she the other lynch candidate yesterday, though? Did it go stagnant because we had two Scum in the crosshairs again? And what about Sammy, how did he behave?

I did point that out at the time. Let's lynch Adelaide today! If there is a Day 8 then we can look into Sammy or Lassie.

Berty would like to point out that Sue is practically confirmed because she hammered Jack.

I think Simon just posted in the wrong thread :look: . I also think Adelaide is the only one who had any thought that Jack was cleared. We already established that Clem and I investigated each other on Night Two.

This may not be a reason to lynch you, but it is a fact that you were blocked on Night Two.

With two investigators, a Miller and stumps, it stands to reason that there's a Godfather, doesn't it?

This is what Adelaide quoted to me as making her think I had said Jack was cleared by an investigator. That's why she didn't vote for him.

I think Simon just posted in the wrong thread :look: .

Luckily I can move it. :grin:

Here is what I have:

Simon: Alistair (missing) / Catarina (Oak) / Larry (Oak) / Hazel (missing) / Berty (Oak) / Jack (Maple)

Sue: Alistair (missing) / Catarina (Oak) / Larry (Oak) / Hazel (missing) / Berty (Oak) / Jack (Maple)

Sammy: Bruce (Oak) / Catarina (Oak) / Berty (Oak) / Hazel (missing) / Berty (Oak) / Jack (Maple)

Lassie: Bruce (Oak) / Catarina (Oak) / Larry (Oak) / Hazel (missing) / Berty (Oak) / Jack (Maple)

Adelaide: Alistair (missing) / Nash (Oak) / Larry (Oak) / Peter (missing) / Berty (Oak) / No Vote

Simon and Sue now are the only two who have voted the majority all day lynches. With Simon cleared, that leaves Sue. Here is some additional voting info on Sue.

Alistair: Sue votes 10th of 13 needed and 15 total votes.....3 votes above what was needed......missing stump

Catarina: Sue votes 7th of 12 needed and 16 total votes.....5 votes above what was needed.......Oak stump

Larry: Sue votes 4th of 10 needed and 12 total votes......6 votes above what was needed........Oak stump

Hazel: Sue votes 10th of 8 needed and 10 total votes......last vote on majority lynch..................missing stump

Berty: Sue votes 4th of 7 needed and 11 total votes........3 votes above what was needed........Oak stump

Jack: Sue votes 5th of 5 needed and 5 total votes.......last vote and the hammer on majority lynch........Maple stump

I see a pattern here of hiding in the majority group above the lynch needed votes except on two occasions, Hazel and Jack. And both these were the last vote cast. Jack is a maple, I believe Hazel was too along with Alistair. On all the Oak stumps her vote was above what was needed.

Where the hell is Bruce??

Here is what I have:

Simon: Alistair (missing) / Catarina (Oak) / Larry (Oak) / Hazel (missing) / Berty (Oak) / Jack (Maple)

Sue: Alistair (missing) / Catarina (Oak) / Larry (Oak) / Hazel (missing) / Berty (Oak) / Jack (Maple)

Sammy: Bruce (Oak) / Catarina (Oak) / Berty (Oak) / Hazel (missing) / Berty (Oak) / Jack (Maple)

Lassie: Bruce (Oak) / Catarina (Oak) / Larry (Oak) / Hazel (missing) / Berty (Oak) / Jack (Maple)

Adelaide: Alistair (missing) / Nash (Oak) / Larry (Oak) / Peter (missing) / Berty (Oak) / No Vote

Simon and Sue now are the only two who have voted the majority all day lynches. With Simon cleared, that leaves Sue. Here is some additional voting info on Sue.

Alistair: Sue votes 10th of 13 needed and 15 total votes.....3 votes above what was needed......missing stump

Catarina: Sue votes 7th of 12 needed and 16 total votes.....5 votes above what was needed.......Oak stump

Larry: Sue votes 4th of 10 needed and 12 total votes......6 votes above what was needed........Oak stump

Hazel: Sue votes 10th of 8 needed and 10 total votes......last vote on majority lynch..................missing stump

Berty: Sue votes 4th of 7 needed and 11 total votes........3 votes above what was needed........Oak stump

Jack: Sue votes 5th of 5 needed and 5 total votes.......last vote and the hammer on majority lynch........Maple stump

I see a pattern here of hiding in the majority group above the lynch needed votes except on two occasions, Hazel and Jack. And both these were the last vote cast. Jack is a maple, I believe Hazel was too along with Alistair. On all the Oak stumps her vote was above what was needed.

Thanks for the analysis. It's interesting. Who do the stumps think make the most sense to lynch today? By stumps, I mean Catarina and Waldorf. :laugh:

I had voted for Adelaide yesterday for a variety of reasons that she never sufficiently answered to me, and I do believe that I will be voting for her today as well.

- There is definitely a janitor, and it was almost certainly Jack. HAZEL WAS AN OAK.

I'll agree with you that it's pretty much confirmed now that there's a janitor, but why are you so convinced that Hazel was an Oak? An already lynched Maple wouldn't mind breaking the rules because they'd have nothing to lose. All the same, this was a violation of the rules so you shouldn't be bringing it up. Perhaps Hazel knew she was going to be janitored ahead of time by her scum team. I don't know why you're so stuck to the idea that Hazel is an Oak. It's what got you lynched on Day Five. Were all of the trees that were janitored Maples? I don't think so, because that would be five scum already dead and one or two more scum still out there (six or seven scum is a huge number)

I think 3 or 4 of them had to have been Scum, otherwise we wouldn't still be here. Jack pointed out that the team made a bad decision cleaning up Barry instead of Waldorf. Looks like he was just airing his own dirty laundry. Of course, his theory that it was a bad decision was based on them knowing he was an investigator and having a role cop. In retrospect, that's a lot of hypotheticals. They must have gotten lucky with list Lauren gave them. That was really dumb. Have I mentioned that? :laugh:

I feel like Jack was maybe a bit non-committal to the lynch he started yesterday, as in, he wanted to lynch me instead. Was it an attempted bus? I think it might be so. Lynch Adelaide. :thumbup:

Also, n2391 is XMMB. Just so you know.

I think 3 or 4 of them had to have been Scum, otherwise we wouldn't still be here.

In theory there could be two scum left still. :laugh:

In theory there could be two scum left still. :laugh:

I agree. Did I miss a joke?

Also, n2391 is XMMB. Just so you know.

:laugh: No, n4926 XMMB! :laugh:

As far as Jack goes, he was non-commital about all of his suspicions. But I agree that Adelaide is probably our best bet.

There were a lot of Scummy noobs in this game. Were we so blatantly Scummy when we were noobs? What the hell??

I think the Scummiest about Sue is that she is usually kind of flaily and saying off-the-wall crazy theories and junk when she's Town. This is a very refined Sue. But, I haven't played for a year and my meta-game database may need updating.