Sign in to follow this  
DarkFader

Dwarves Mine Machine

Earlier I got my hands on an extra 7040 Dwarves Mine Defender (mostly for the figs but also for the pieces) and I thought of building something using only the limited number of pieces from that set and this is the final result of the idea I got; a mine digger machine that kinda reminds me of an medieval version of Power Miners-type vehicle when I look at it (it's been over an week since it's construction but I still have it assembled):

miningmoc1.png

miningmoc2.png

miningmoc4.png

miningmoc5.png

The roof can also be opened up:

miningmoc6.png

Other than just pointing straight forward: the whole front part can go both up and down:

miningmoc7.png

miningmoc8.png

It rolls nicely on softer and more bumpy surfaces like beds or sofas but not so good on flat surfaces like floors, but it's after all a mining machine :tongue:

This is something extra that I assembled from the leftover pieces; a simple catapult on wheels and a new weapon for one of the trolls (the third jagged blade is supposed to be theobject that can be launched by the catapult but it's not present on the pic and I can't seem to find it at the moment):

miningmoc9.png

Please tell me what you think of the creation;

Edited by DarkFader

DarkFader, I think you have just invented a new subgenre...Middle Ages Steampunk! icon6.gif I like it! Especially the wheels and chains. The wheels on the Orc's catapult thingie make it look nice and the colors are nice steampunk brown dark redish color I love. Unique and original.

I just got the Dwarves Mine and the Troll Warship. I originally got them because of the figures too. I love the Dwarfs! The big trolls are awesome too and the dragon. The Orcs are nice too and they have neat swords. I call them Orcs because they look more like Orcs then Trolls. The big trolls look like Ogres. :)

Edited by Grimmy

I like it! Pretty good despite the limitation of pieces :tongue: So in the end did you end up using all the pieces of the set between the two vehicles?

So in the end did you end up using all the pieces of the set between the two vehicles?

Yes, I used all pieces except for four; the third grey jagged blade-thing, the flag of the banner and two of the small tan technic pins.

Edited by DarkFader

Not a bad little design, but I'm curious when the front blade/wheels go up in the air, how does it drive forward?

Not a bad little design, but I'm curious when the front blade/wheels go up in the air, how does it drive forward?

It cant drive forward on a flat surface with the front part pointing up, but it can if be driven forward on a bumby surface that has a slight "hill" (like up a pillow under a sheet) if the front part points up just one notch.

Neat little designs. Keep the good work coming.

I like what you did with the orc sword - might have to borrow that idea rather than give orcs halberds.

Edited by burkey42

This is cool, most probably the first car looking verhicle ever invented. :laugh:

I like the chains, but I don't really like the roof. It is less dwarfish for me. Perhaps it looks better if it was made with brown pieces.

Great work though. :wub: