Sign in to follow this  
Aliencat

The Church of Scherpenheuvel

indexed.gif

Here's my entry for CCCVII's Religious Life category: the theft of the statue of the holy mother Mary at Scherpenheuvel, Belgium.

I'm aware of the historical inconsistency: the church was built after the statue was stolen (it was built there, because according to legend, the statue of Mary froze the thief in stone, thus foiling the theft), but I just love that church so I wanted to build it :)

scherpenheuvelthumb.jpg

View the MOCpage for all the details.

...but I just love that church so I wanted to build it :)

And I love the result! :wub:

Top quality work, so many details and interesting techniques! Especially the round part and dome are awesome, great work!

The colours are nice, but I think the landscape around it could do with some more work.

Absolutly Lovely Aliencat :wub: :wub:

I really like the result!

The church is so detailed! :oh: and must have been quite complicated to build!

I really like it! Very well done!

CommanderFox

As I also said on LowLUG: Excellent build. The dome turned out really nicely and I love that it has a detailed interior.

Wow it turned out wonderful buddy!

I remember seeing it when i was at your place without a roof and i wondered how you were going to make that.

You did a really great job on the dome roof. :thumbup:

I see you also found a solution for the circle in the floor, though i still think a hot tub would be funnier.

Wow! This is really impressive AlienCat. Creations liks this separate the basic builders (like me) from the pros. I like how you were able to really capture the look of a brick built building using the different colors within the structure. In addition, the design is outstanding, packed with details. Just when you see one detail, another pops out at you. Love the windows and that dome roof is superb.

Outstanding creation! :thumbup:

Is was so fortunate to see this church in real life at the BeLUG event of last Sunday and to speak with the friendly builder :classic:

This is without doubt one of the best churches which I've every seen. Nothing is boring about this building, the walls are a piece of art, full of details and color variations. The tower looks just right and very well resembles the towers of the churches you see in most Belgian towns (like my town). The nice interior with the big crosses are the finishing touch of this masterpiece.

Simply fantastic, the dome structure is just awesome. And the flooring insode the dome:wub:

The damaged bit in the back is great, it looks like it really had a bit of a fire.

The archwork you did too is very inventive. There is just so much win in this MOC.

The front area with the sement slab and the gaurd and people remind me of The LEgend of Zelda.

Superb MOC.

Awesome MASSIVE build, just find it hard to view on MOCPages as it takes sooooooooooo long to load up.

Wish I had that much amount of tan/sand. :alien:

WAOW awesome moc ALiencat , very impressive, and the interior is wow !

the rebuilt part on the walls are also.. awesome, don't find another word XD

Edited by Guss

Hello!

That's a really massive church you're sharing with us here. Although it's so large, the amount of details is stunning. :classic: The round mosaic on the floor caught my attraction, and in particular those laser guns as window elements! :classic: These are exactly the things I am always impressed about. Unexpected parts usage! Well done! :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

This is a beautiful creation Aliencat! The tan colour scheme lifts it all, and as you say it can get a bit monotonous, but not here. The eight sided cathedral room is amazing from the floor to the awesome dome roof. So many details, thanks for sharing it with us and good luck.

I like churches, even tried to take photo of all of them in my travel destinations, now I just buy the book. I like to see when somebody does a church here. Your windows and floor are specially good art of LEGO craftsmanship :thumbup: Good colors. Thanks!

Alienncat: this is really beautiful. What a fantastic church/cathedral.

It's funny. I'm not a theologian, but I find it somewhat ironic that over the past few days, we've seen three different churches shared on EB.

While my Spanish Mission is no where close to this on the quality scale, I built it as part of a Mexican Village that I've been wanting to create for a few weeks now. I had not seen either of the other two churches before building my own (at least I don't think I did).

The irony/mystery is that many parts of Christianity deal in "threes" - Trinity, Three Kings, Noah's three sons, etc...

With Christmas just one month away, we now have three churches here in the EB History Forum (all shared in late November). I like to think that there is some Christmas magic in the air.

A great piece of work! The colour mixing turned out really well, and the domed section is a beauty.

That is beautiful, both interior and exterior!

And massive, too!

Walls are great, I mean overall design is great!

Well done!

As a real Belgian I can only express my gratitude towards the builder of this marvelous MOC.

Thanks, and great job :thumbup: !

Well thats just really unbelievably really nice actually :cry_happy: Awesome work all round with this. A beautiful moc from the design to the colour scheme. I must say ive become quite a fan of your mocs. Excellent work sir!

Hi Aliencat

That is a really beautyfull MOC.

The colorscheme and grey/black corner remind me of the Lego version of the Frauenkirche Dresden:

Linky to MOCpage

Great job on the dome. :thumbup:

Great interior detailing. :classic:

Kind regards,

Teddy

A very great and marvelous creation you have made Aliencat!

So many good details and different techniques you used.

I like the use of the bar-pieces you used in the windows, the mix of colours is very nice.

Overall a super model. Good luck in the contest.