lightningtiger

MOC: Mitre 10 Hardware Store and other shops

mitre_10_-_australia_post_wip_1.jpgmitre_10_-_australia_post_wip_2.jpg

Now as you can see I have made the hardware store smaller but more realistic and also the same realism for the post office. This will become a row of old shops that will include the bank, grocery and menswear stores as well.

More pictures comming and comments welcome.....so I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

They look fantastic mitre 10 reminds me off my local branch in NZ so fantastic job :sweet:

Thank you 'Darth Jar Jar' for your kind words, you might notice the open back and sides for maximum playabilty ! :sweet:

Keep on watching ! :wink:

Great work lightningtiger! I love the tiling, great layout!!! :thumbup:

Unrelated: I saw you at TC! :classic: Even though I do not approve of your illegal use of stickers :tongue: I still check your posts every time to see the latest addition to New Mannum! Great Job! :laugh:

CB

Thanks for the comments 'CriticalBrick', stickers are the only way of making this Aussie.....or be that South Aussie ! :grin:

And you don't know how much trouble I go to make them, some take over 2 hours to resize and colour just right....and even then get it wrong....sometimes ! :blush:

Still deciding on the style the bank along side the post office should take, new-ish or really old ?

Keep on watching ! :sweet:

Great MOC, lightningtiger! :thumbup:

It look very realistic. I too like the tiling.

Very well done. :classic:

~buddy~

Thanks 'crabboy329' and 'buddy' for your kind comments :sweet: , once I have rebuilt some more buildings in this style of open back with what looks like they have a roof, I will post photos. Now today is bank day, yep.....a redesigned bank....so keep on watching ! :sweet:

And you don't know how much trouble I go to make them, some take over 2 hours to resize and colour just right....and even then get it wrong....sometimes!

Oh... Okay then, seeing as you go through so much trouble to make them and that they're the only way to make New Mannum uniquely South Australian, I'll let you off :wink:

Cant wait to see the next update! :laugh:

CB

Another quality build lightningtiger, the blue and red colors side-by-side look good IMO. I love the smooth exterior finish of both buildings, can't wait to see how the interiors develop. Great work as usual! default_thumbup.gif

Nice looking post office. I think that some post office boxes (either as a sticker or a bunch of black plates) would look great on one of the walls. Lots of small town post offices have post office boxes for all the people who live too far away for the postie to deliver to.

Nice looking post office. I think that some post office boxes (either as a sticker or a bunch of black plates) would look great on one of the walls. Lots of small town post offices have post office boxes for all the people who live too far away for the postie to deliver to.

Ah, thanks for the comments 'jonwil', 'KielDaMan' and again 'CriticalBrick' plus that suggestion....but problem the bank goes next to this so any mail boxes will have to go inside....but they don't.....mmm, let me think about it.

Keep on posting those letters to Santa ! :laugh:

Edited by lightningtiger

99_main_street.jpg

Now you can see how all these go together and yes, a lot of tiling ! :wink:

Comments welcome.....oh, I need better batteries for my camera so I can give you all more and better photos.

Keep on MOCing ! :sweet:

A quick addition....sorry about the quality of the photos.....

mitre_10_-_plumbing_range.jpg

Somethings to fix that leaky tap or toliet that won't stop running. :wink: (oops, someone knocked over the shovels :blush: )australia_post_-_stationary_range.jpg

Need a pen or pencil do we.....buy them in the post office.

More to come.....comments welcome and keep on.....keeping on ! :wink:

HELP....I need some suggestions for.....the SUPERMARKET.

Should I go modern, Victorian era, art deco or......?

I know it will be the same width as the hardware store, but I need would like some input and ideas.

Oh, by the way at the far end of the street (opp. ANZ bank) the BOC Gas & Gear is going with the Elders Merchandise/Insurance/Real Estate building is going. The main street will be now running parallel to a yet unnamed highway, like some South Australian towns i.e. Tintinara.

I'll be doing some update pictures (once again I'll say FRESH BATTERIES :tongue: ) so suggestions are very welcome and keep on suggesting ! :wink:

Dude, you've outdone yourself!

I see what you mean about the tiling, there sure are a lot of them! But it makes all the difference. Thankfully they're not tan tiles: I've spent a small fortune on them for my current project, and they really are expensive.

Should I go modern, Victorian era, art deco or......?

I say you go with a very mountainy style unless this is meant to be an australian town, or modern!

:sweet: cant wait to see more!

Thanks 'Fuzzylegobricks' and 'SilentMode' for your kind words :sweet: , yeah lucky they are not tan tiles....ouch, my wallet ! :wink:

Now mountainy style, I'm assuming you are talking of the style I have used for the hardware store and post office, work starts today on it.

Updates are comming (just brought fresh batteries for the camera) so keep on wathcing ! :wink:

Thanks 'michaelozzie' for your kind words and now this......

98_main_street.jpg95_main_street.jpg97_main_steet.jpg96_main_street.jpg94_main_street.jpg

Oh, yeah a little add-on....from the Mitre 10 store owner....he want's his picture taken ! :wink:mitre_10_-_plumbing_range_better_picture.jpg

Oops, sorry dude.....he wasn't ready.....mitre_10_-_digging_tools.jpg....yep, never upset anyone standing in front of a rack of pick-axe's ! :devil:

Comments welcome and keep on.....well you know the rest by now ! :wink:

All of the shops look great together, they compliment each other well. :classic:

I can't wait to see the completed supermarket.

Very well done. :thumbup:

~buddy~

All of the shops look great together, they compliment each other well. :classic:

I can't wait to see the completed supermarket.

Very well done. :thumbup:

~buddy~

Thanks 'buddy' for your kind words. :sweet:

I'll be working on the supermarket again tomorrow, just deciding on one or two cash points/registers.....haven't worked that out yet.

Keep on watching everyone ! :sweet:

Wouah I like them. I think it's cool how yu respected the blue and red colour schemes in the inside too. Simpel but beautifull black/white chess floor on the inside :classic:

Defenatly a favourite !

Thanks 'Geertos13' for those kind words. :sweet:

Speaking of tiles I need to buy a small hand full to complete the supermarket, hopefully tomorrow.

Keep on er......shopping ! :wink: