Sign in to follow this  
WarnIcarus

LEGO Alien Figs

do u like jelly and aliens put together??  

60 members have voted

1. 1. do u like the jelly aliens?

• No way
    • yes i love love love em =D
    • i have mixed feelings about them..

What do you guys think of the Mars Mission alien figures?

Personally, I hate them, they don't even have opposable arms, or individual legs!

For those of you that remember the UFO alien series from 97-98, or Insectoids, the aliens were lackluster, but infinitely better than the ones we see today.

I think it's high time LEGO puts some thought into extra-terrestrial minifigs, or at least get rid of these terrible Mars Mission ones!!

What do you guys think of LEGO aliens?

Welcome to EB, WarnIcarus ;-)

Personally, I prefer the old aliens with a normal MF body. Nontheless, I think you can find nice uses for those MarsMission jellies.

LuxorV

Honestly mate, I think this could be the most pointless topic ever. No one likes the Mars Mission aliens. Even so, they don't bother me that much as unlike the Dino Attack dinos they don't take up much space nor do they add a lot of cost to the sets. If this is the price I have to pay for a theme like Mars Mission to exist, I have no complaints.

Welcome to EB, WarnIcarus ;-)

Personally, I prefer the old aliens with a normal MF body. Nontheless, I think you can find nice uses for those MarsMission jellies.

LuxorV

I prefer the old ones too.

Honestly mate, I think this could be the most pointless topic ever. No one likes the Mars Mission aliens. Even so, they don't bother me that much as unlike the Dino Attack dinos they don't take up much space nor do they add a lot of cost to the sets. If this is the price I have to pay for a theme like Mars Mission to exist, I have no complaints.

Yes, I do not think anybody likes them! Though, they're a nice add on to sets because if there were no aliens, there would be no alien ships. :-P

I don't like them much either, I would much prefer them if they had articulated arms and legs, rather than arms glued to their sides.

Did anyone like the kid friendly non-evil looking alines from the Life on Mars theme? They were movable all right, but I absoloutley HATED those!!! They were like teletubbies that died and got battle droid bodies. Blegh :-X ! If its between those and and the "evil" mars mission ones...I pick Mars Mission!

I like the Mars Mission aliens. Although I think my all time favorite aliens were the UFO aliens.

-Chuck

I like the Mars Mission aliens. Although I think my all time favorite aliens were the UFO aliens.

-Chuck

Boo! Booooooo! *n*

*lights up torch* "Quick, he's run to the windmill, after him!" *chases you with non-existent angry mob* "Throw stuff at him!" *throws bricks and pitchforks* *skull*

Nah, just kidding. :-P

Everyone is entitled to like anything they want. *y*

Sadly UFO and Insectiod were the last times they did aliens right (only times too...). That is, of course, Star Wars aside :-P

Life on Mars...I hated them. Then again I hate battle droids for the same reason but people like those *wacko* Would it really be THAT hard to get the legs to articulate? Even just a little? :'-( The mission mars are even worse than Life on Mars...their heads are stuck on the body, the arms are stuck at their side, their legs are stuck together, and their back is unfinished so you can only see them from the front! Not to mention that trans green (slightly GitD my megabloks) nature makes no sense, and is just an annoyance. After the lashback from AFOLs I thought they'd switch the aliens for new ones in MM wave two, but apparently not. They even made an impulse with it. Yeah, that'll sell like hotcakes |-/

They can make some great aliens I'm sure, they don't need to look like minifigs, and could look like real aliens...it would be much better for their business...

Best SW aline:

GREEDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I do own him, pitty lego never re-used his head mold to make a naughty dancer for Jabba ;-) )

Worst SW alien:

The Binks thing!!!! Eeeeeewwwwwww!!! Run from Jarjar kids, run!

Well, I quite like them, too. I don't own one right now, but I'm considering getting the impulse set. A jelly *alien* can come in handy for some vigs, and its strange un-hinged body has useful applications in some designs. Add the fact they're glow-in-the-dark, and you see they make for an impressive night alien invasion scene X-O , and for perfect defenceless whacking victims X-D

LuxorV

I was not aware that they glowed in the dark or that their heads could fit in a 1 x 1 modified plate clip...

I certainly see their only use in being whacked. But it's funny to me that one of the two people defending them doesn't even own one. :-D

I was not aware that they glowed in the dark or that their heads could fit in a 1 x 1 modified plate clip...

From the MX-71 Recon Dropship description on S@H:

Includes 2 astronaut minifigures and 4 glow-in-the-dark alien minifigures
I certainly see their only use in being whacked. But it's funny to me that one of the two people defending them doesn't even own one. :-D

I'll see to correct that asap X-D

LuxorV

Well I actually like them :-$

And I OWN two. They are crap of course compared to better alternatives, but I am making a glow-in-the-dark scene where they are very effective, and they can be used in many vigs as wacking victims or such.

They also can be used for full-scale hilarity, like jelly alians as, well, jelly for one! :-D

Nothing to Say, but Batbrick Away! >:-)

I honestly hate those things, there just plain rubbish IMO :-X

When you see lego produce a head like greedo, you kinda wonder why the same couldn't be done for the MM line.

I honestly hate those things, there just plain rubbish IMO :-X

When you see lego produce a head like greedo, you kinda wonder why the same couldn't be done for the MM line.

well, my guess is that they're spending as much money on creating greedo as they do for the entire MM line X-O X-D

but let's face it: Lego has never been all that brilliant in creating aliens. I used to like the UFO people, but really, that was waaaaaaaay before the sw stuff that is infinitely better! Insectoids... hm... don't like them all that much... too much printing... but i guess they're ok... the LOM creatures.... i only got them for the arms, all the rest was a waste, and the MM... well they ARE a waste...

Terrible. Pure trash. The sole reason I haven't bought a single MM set yet. Ok, one reason, the other is that none of them inspire me much.

Either way, I'd even settle for the old LoM's, since I could at least use them to make something, ANYTHING...

If LEGO had been smart enough to design a new head style and recycle the body concept from them, but in more traditional colours, say black, white, the bleys, bronze, pearl grey, whatever, they could have easily seen a lot of additional sales from people buying them to build Star Wars droids. Instead, we got ... jello.

It's hard to figure out how LEGO makes their decisions. How can you get Castle so close to right and blow it so bad on Space, over and over?

Worst SW alien:

The Binks thing!!!! Eeeeeewwwwwww!!! Run from Jarjar kids, run!

Yeah, At least The MM ones stay 50 feet away from children at all times.

I...like them! I think they're adorable.

They're supposed to look evil. |-/ Hence the point that these globs of jello (thanks for the laugh imperialshadows) do not resemble aliens at all. *alien*

Maiq, you have brought up a very true point, Jarjar is a child moolester. >:-(

I think people are confusing "Like" with "I can find a use for this". For example I like the Lego version of Boba Fett... and I have in the past wanted an alien or two. Likewise, I wanted to own a Harry Potter mini-fig...so I could be mean to him. But as a person who thinks Harry Potter is overrated, I don't like it...

I...like them! I think they're adorable.

It does seem that you like them though... :-P