Sign in to follow this  
Boxerlego

Question: Powering two IR controllers

I think that with a special jumper you can do it.

But I believe that you can not use them in the same time, because the current is insufficient.

Ok, so you can do the test, using them simultaneously.

If everything works, the only drawback is that will reduce the battery life :)

Sorry, let me rephrase ... The reason you're doing this is because you do not have enough batteries or just experimenting?

If the speed controller is used for servo steering the servo will hold its position and use no current from the 9v battery box unlike the toggle control where you got to hold the switch in place for the servo to hold and that requires constant current at both the IR toggle control and 9v Battery box.

It works perfectly with 3AAA batteries powering both IR controllers. Here is what I did I set the speed/servo control to channel 1 and the toggle control to channel 2. I had two IR receivers connected to one battery box each set to the a corresponding channels. And I held down the toggle switch to make the wheel go forward and used the speed/servo controller to steer the wheels.

It works perfectly with 3AAA batteries powering both IR controllers. Here is what I did I set the speed/servo control to channel 1 and the toggle control to channel 2. I had two IR receivers connected to one battery box each set to the a corresponding channels. And I held down the toggle switch to make the wheel go forward and used the speed/servo controller to steer the wheels.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

minus whale just use a 5v power supply to power them both if you are going to have wires hanging out

No wires hanging out here if the idea was taken to the next step. That was just a simple test to see if it was able to work off 3AAA batteries. The IR controllers can have the option that when put together the power in one of them could power both of them through the connection that happen when connected together. The power would be simply be transmitted through an internal connection so it is possible to have no wire hanging out if it was fully thought out.