Let me present my entry for the Triple Build Contest: "Deep Sea Exploration"

There's a boat:

9396-deep-sea-exploration_contest_01.jpg

It carries a submarine which can be lowered into the water:

9396-deep-sea-exploration_contest_02.jpg

The submarine then dives to explore the deep sea, where it discovers a giant crab living on the bottom of the ocean:

9396-deep-sea-exploration_contest_03.jpg

Since the crab is really big the submarine is probably just taking photos :wink:

Here's the boat alone: Functions are raising/lowering and rotating the jib.

9396-deep-sea-exploration_contest_04.jpg

The functions of the submarine are two rotating propellers and opening/closing the claw (using a mini LA).

9396-deep-sea-exploration_contest_05.jpg

The crab has no functions besides movable claws.

Here are all three models together:

9396-deep-sea-exploration_contest_06.jpg

Since I wasn't sure about the part count of the boat I made an LDD model. It turned out to have 478 parts. There are 476 in the LDD file but the mini LA and the turntable are missing.

You can find the LDD file along with bigger photos in my brickshelf folder once public: http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=536498

Ah, I nearly forgot, this triple build is an alternate of the 9396 helicopter.

Thanks for this nice contest!

Update: I improved the LDD file of the boat and added the two other models. The files are in my brickshelf folder (http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=536498) and all together they are now also on Rebrickable: http://rebrickable.com/mocs/Nequmodiva/9396-deep-sea-exploration

Edited by Nequmodiva

I love the idea, it's very different from the usual things people build with Technic. It's impressive you managed to make it as an alternate build of an official set, too!

This is the best so far. And I also have a crab! It would eat your puny ship though :devil:

This is very unique, I like the crab! Seeing this makes me think that you could make technics appeal to the younger ones.

Wow! I love this entry!

Very original AND a C-Model for the 9396 Helicopter! Well done sir, thank you for joining :thumbup:

Maybe you can include some more images, from this post, in your contest entry post.

Very clever yet oh so simple. I've given up on the triple build to work on something else, now that I have my servo, but I look forward to seeing the entries.

H

Wow! This one looks like it could be an official set! Well done! :thumbup:

It's my opinion to ... maybe good for CUSCOO :)

What a great idea, very different form those entries I've seen posted Great stuff & fantastic use of the 9398.

My favourite entry so far. The very best of luck.

awesome! all models are immediately recognizable and quite detailed! all being an alternate of a set is impressive!

Ya, cool MOCs. I think, it'l be original in TRIPLE, because u've build rather unusual set. Ships and bathyscaphes are seldom created with Technic)

Big + for crab, funny one))

Love the boat and the sub ... Not too sure about the crab ... But the idea of using just one set to create a C model is very clever