Sign in to follow this  
Dreamweb

[COMIC] "Kings And Queens Of The Sea" - Episodes

In this thread I will post links to subsequent episodes of my comic series. Before reading the story itself I suggest you read the introduction.

I hope you enjoy at least some of it! :-)

The first post is edited each time new content is added to the story.

Episode 1: The Valour (premiere: Jan 21 2008)

Episode 2: Get To Know Me (premiere: Jan 28 2008)

Episode 3: The Uncharted Island (premiere: Feb 4 2008)

Episode 4: Come Along (premiere: Feb 11 2008)

Episode 5: The Encounter (premiere: Feb 18 2008)

Episode 6: The End Of The Beginning (premiere: Feb 25 2008)

Episode 6.5: A Taste Of Things To Come (premiere: Mar 17 2008)

Episode 7: The Unexpected Guest Part 1 (premiere: May 19 2008)

Episode 8: The Unexpected Guest Part 2 (premiere: May 26 2008)

Episode 9: Low Men In Blue Coats (premiere: Jun 23 2008)

Episode 10: New Leeds Part 1 (premiere: Jun 30 2008)

Episode 11: New Leeds Part 2 (premiere: Jul 7 2008)

Episode 12: The Beast Island (premiere: Jul 28 2008)

Episode 13: The Fall (premiere: Sep 29 2008)

Episode 14: The Maze Part 1 (premiere: Oct 6 2008)

Episode 15: The Maze Part 2 (premiere: Oct 13 2008)

Episode 16: The Turmoil (premiere: Apr 13 2009)

Episode 17: Venom (premiere: Apr 20 2009)

Episode 18: This Is Home (premiere: Apr 27 2009)

Episode 19: The Jinx Part 1 (premiere: Jun 22 2009)

Episode 20: The Jinx Part 2 (premiere: Jun 29 2009)

Episode 21: The Meeting (premiere: Nov 25 2009)

Episode 22: Confession (premiere: Dec 10 2009)

Episode 23: Get To Know Them (premiere: Dec 25 2009)

Episode 24: Cemetery In My Mind (premiere: Jan 21 2010)

Episode 25: Laurantia (premiere: Mar 1 2010)

Episode 26: Laurantia Part 2 (premiere: Jul 1 2010)

Episode 27: Laurantia Part 3 (premiere: Aug 6 2010)

Episode 28: Laurantia Part 4 (premiere: Apr 15 2020)

Episode 29: Laurantia Part 5 (premiere: Apr 15 2020)

Episode 30: Grand Sovereign Realm (premiere: Apr 15 2020)

Episode 31: From Above (premiere: Apr 30 2020)

Episode 32: The Queen and the King (premiere: May 15 2020)

Episode 33: The Bout (premiere: May 26 2020)

Episode 34: The Last Man Standing (premiere: Jun 14 2020)

Episode 35: Dangerous Games (premiere: Jul 1 2020)

Episode 36: Good-Bye and Hello (premiere Aug 20 2020)

Episode 37: It's Over (premiere Sep 24 2020)

Edited by Dreamweb
New links added

That took me some time to read through DreamWeb but it was well worth it!

I liked the clarity of your shots and scenery. Obviously a little limited because at this stage the men are only onboard The Valour. But once again the photos were clear and the text was nice and bold and it's nice to see people make the effort with spelling and grammar especially considering all the trouble they go to with the artwork.

I thought the cabin was a very nice touch, the ink well and the feather and the use of Merlin's scroll as a ship's diary was brilliant. I look forward to seeing the next installment but I certainly don't want you to rush it. This was good work. *y*

A nice comic indeed, Mr. Dreamweb, 'twas a good read *sweet*

However, if you want any critisizm, I don't have much for you, but just one thing - it seemed on quite afew shots, you could've just combined what the characters said in that one shot, rather than going to another just for them and the new balloon :-$

However maybe thats just me seeing that, but it got alittle lengthy clicking the next button on brickshelf after just one balloon :-P

Thanks for the comic, I'll be waiting for the next installment :-)

I've added a link to it on the Classic-Pirates.com Comic Page:

http://www.classic-pirates.com/archive/comics/index.html

Thanks!

it seemed on quite afew shots, you could've just combined what the characters said in that one shot, rather than going to another just for them and the new balloon :-$

However maybe thats just me seeing that, but it got alittle lengthy clicking the next button on brickshelf after just one balloon :-P

Thanks, I'll think about that. You'll be happy to know that the second part has less pages. :)

Thanks to everyone for their comments. The next episode will appear on Monday, just like the first one. I'll put a link in a new post as soon as it's public. I'll also update the first post which is going to have links to all episodes, just for clarity.

Edited by Dreamweb

It seems your comic series is need of some promotion.

If we had some indication of how frequently the comics were going to be released then we could devise a strategy. But if there's only going to be 2 or 3 episode then there's probably not much point.

I'm certain there's gonna be a lot more than 2 or 3. :) But I'm really not sure how many... I'll PM you about it soon.

Seems like you're building up a nice story here dreamweb! *y*

This seems like a good start to a solid story, however there is a bit much text, little action and it could use some jokes imo.

It seemed on quite afew shots, you could've just combined what the characters said in that one shot, rather than going to another just for them and the new balloon :-$ However maybe thats just me seeing that, but it got alittle lengthy clicking the next button on brickshelf after just one balloon :-P

I noticed this too, although I would have described it as the story being slowly paced. I think future episodes would benefit from more action occurring within less shots. It seems a bit tedious how things drag over a couple of shots. Of course this requires more thought and planning and thus time when setting up a shot.

I' recommend looking at professionally produced comics and graphic novels to see how their narrative flows and how they convey action. Obviously your comic is a lot different to most of those but you'll probably gain some clever ideas and inspiration by doing so.

Thanks.

I'm afraid those first episodes tend to have less action and more talking, that's because all the main characters had to be introduced. So of course you're right. The story begins rather "slowly", however there will be more action in the future. Eventually I want this comic to be viewed as a whole, as the episodes have strong connections to each other. But unfortunately for some of you, ;-) the "introduction" part isn't over yet, but please have patience. :-)

Edited by Dreamweb

I uploaded Episode 3 - The Uncharted Island yesterday.

I shall update the first post accordingly.

Those of you who want a typical pirate story will absolutely hate this episode! :-)

This episode still belongs to the "introduction" part so there may not be that much action in it either - please be patient! ;-)

Edited by Dreamweb

Hello there, sorry for my absence. I was on holiday. :-) Yes, I first write scripts and then take pictures and stuff.

Despite my being away I managed to return just in time to show you the fifth episode:

The Encounter

And the 6th episode will appear next Monday - just like before...

I uploaded the 6th episode The End Of The Beginning yesterday evening. This episode ends the first part of the story. The second part - another 6 episodes - will premiere in a few months. However, in two weeks from now there's gonna be a special extra episode - a trailer of sorts.

Those first 6 episodes introduced all the main 6 characters: Michael Calloway, Leonard Garnet, Eve Hamilton, Bob Kolby, William Taylor and Juliet Sharp, as well as their ship - The Valour and some additional characters such as the pirates and the soldiers, who will appear in future episodes. From now on the story will concentrate on the adventures of the Valour's six-person crew. However we'll have to wait a few months for that. :-)

Edited by Dreamweb

Thank you very much for all these great and very classic pirate comics, Dreamweb. A fine work indeed! *sweet* *y*

Three, not two weeks (as planned earlier) after the last episode of the first series, here's a trailer of the next couple episodes (actually I uploaded it yesterday but didn't have the time to post it here):

Episode 6.5 - A Taste Of Things To Come

New episodes will appear as soon as I feel up to finishing them. *sweet*

My Pirate Lego comic series is back! For now with just two new episodes - or actually one long two-part episode. So go ahead and read Episode 7:The Unexpected Guest Part 1 now, and be here next week to read the story's conclusion in episode 8!

This two-part episode reveals a shocking fact from the past of The Cyclone (the destroyed ship from the 1st episode) and introduces a character strongly involved in the events that took place before The Cyclone met her demise.

It is rather required to read the previous episodes to fully understand what's heppening in the new episode :pir-sweet:

What's next? After the next Monday's episode there's gonna be another short break, and then another few episodes, including:

- one in which we learn about the past of captain Bright of The HMS Progress and witness his first encounter with the pirate captain Kimmeridge

- another two-part story about our heroes' adventures on New Leeds Island (which will be first mentioned in next week's episode)

- an episode in which our heroes finally reach The Beast Island which has been their destination since episode 4

So go ahead and read the new episode and check Episode 8: The Unexpected Guest Part 2 next week!