Sign in to follow this  
RTN LNA

MOC: Old Swaybacked Flatcar (No Freeloading!)

traintech1.jpg

I am pleased to bring you:

Link to see more pictures:

Old Swaybacked Flatcar (No Freeloading!)

1256620887m_DISPLAY.jpg

The Republic of Texas

has gotten a Railroad!

Or maybe just railroad equipment,

or just rolling stock.

OK, it's got a piece of rolling stock,

I mean a piece of

heavily USED rolling stock.

All right it's got one

beat-up old used flatcar.

So, are you happy?

Look,

I know it's a piece of

rolling cra... er, farmyard fertilizer.

But it's the only thing we got so far,

OK?

I mean it may be racked, twisted,

and swaybacked,

but it's our racked, twisted,

and swaybacked flatcar.

SO THERE!

enjoy

kurt

Edited by RTN LNA

Haha, that's great! I love the bend in the middle. The wheels don't look at all safe either! And the minifig expressions are hillarious! Well done, and keep up the great work. :classic::thumbup:

Pirates + Train, very clever! I really like the aged design of this little flatbed, as you've captured the damage from the years of use (esp from those pirate). Word in the train shed is that they can really abuse a good flatbed wagon. :laugh:

It's neat to see the bend in the middle. Now if you add some ghost pirates, you'd have a perfect entry for the Build a Ghost Train Building Challenge, but this gives me a great idea for a future building challenge. :wink:

Wow. And I thought that all your models has sails or reciprocating engines !

Lots of character on this one. The broken, overgrown look and layed back men add a lot. Part-wise I love the truck journals of course... and they look very nice with the use of the 1x5 technic plates.

I can just see this sitting on an RTN naval yard siding. You could include a mortar or cannon balls as the center load to add some visual "weight" to that swayback.

- BMW

Hello there!

Although I am not really into trains, I appreciate original building techniques. Those not properly connected tiles on the left side as loose planks are excellent, and give it a very authentic look! :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Edited by Legostein

FOUR replies here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Haha, that's great! I love the bend in the middle. The wheels don't look at all safe either! And the minifig expressions are hillarious! Well done, and keep up the great work. :classic::thumbup:

Thanks, I am glad you enjoyed it!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pirates + Train, very clever! I really like the aged design of this little flatbed, as you've captured the damage from the years of use (esp from those pirate). Word in the train shed is that they can really abuse a good flatbed wagon. :laugh:

It's neat to see the bend in the middle. Now if you add some ghost pirates, you'd have a perfect entry for the Build a Ghost Train Building Challenge, but this gives me a great idea for a future building challenge. :wink:

I am glad you like it's "cleverness"!!

I liked the idea of racking the flatcar, which was why I did it!

12566208903_DISPLAY.jpg

12566210082_DISPLAY.jpg

Sorry about the "no ghosts" though, But I am glad to give you any LEGO ideas I can!

Wow. And I thought that all your models has sails or reciprocating engines !

Lots of character on this one. The broken, overgrown look and layed back men add a lot. Part-wise I love the truck journals of course... and they look very nice with the use of the 1x5 technic plates.

I can just see this sitting on an RTN naval yard siding. You could include a mortar or cannon balls as the center load to add some visual "weight" to that swayback.

- BMW

Not all of my MOCs have sails and/or reciprocating engines!! (close though!)

I got that trick of using 1x5 technic plates somewhere on the web...

You can see it well here:

12566210083_DISPLAY.jpg

Note: that this is the only corner with a "good" step.

Ooh!! Cool! A good flatcar with a large load of new cannons, just cannons!

Carefully stacked and strapped/chained down nose to tail in layers!!

Like a large shipment from the iron casting forge to the to the naval yard... I can see it!

Hello there!

Although I am not really into trains, I appreciate original building techniques. Those not properly connected tiles on the left side as loose planks are excellent, and give it a very authentic look! :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

I am glad you appreciate my "original building techniques"

The torn and twisted planking can be seen better in these pics:

12566208904_DISPLAY.jpg

12566210105_DISPLAY.jpg

You can see that the planking is "suppose" to be torn up and off of the iron subframe,

leaving the step far below the the wood deck planks.

enjoy

kurt

Edited by RTN LNA