gazumpty

Winter Market: Ice Sculpting Competition (Contest Entry)

Good tidings to you all.

Please have a wee look over my entry for this years 'Expand the Winter Market Contest' and be gentle, as this is my first proper fully MOC on EB

(why not use this great competition to 'pop my cherry'...so to speak) :grin:

My entry depicts a pavilion/square for centre or focal point of the market. Overshadowed by a mature 'winter tree' acting as a natural canopy for the activities below. This year, the square holds host to the local 'Ice Sculpting Contest' between the visiting "Ice Road" truckers and the local lumberjacks. The snow has been cleared away and the contest is on!! They are at this moment finalising their sculptures with an array of power and hand tools, ready for display and judging tonight!!!

Enjoy....

view_1b.jpg

A father and son look on as the 'sculptors' frantically finish their work

full_minus_tree_view.jpg

View (minus tree) of the sculptors at work

ice_tree_sculpture.jpg

Team Lumberjack and their aptly chosen 'Christmas Tree' entry.

ice_snowman_view.jpg

The "Ice Road" Truckers put the finishing touches to their Snowman entry

lit_front_view.jpg

The display lights are tested before the judging begins later

Well there you have it guys, hope you like what I have tried to achieve here. There are more pictures on my brickshelf.... http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=537543

Good luck to everyone else thats entering this year... the standard as always is so high and should be a great contest. :classic:

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!!! :grin:

So many details to like, the tree, the brick build fence/railing, the street lantern, the use of the light bricks, the contest element within a contest entry. Great job.

Good luck in the contest.

This is a lovely MOC. I like the original idea and the tree at the centre of a square looks great. Also, the ice sculptures are a nice touch to add more winter details. I'm not familiar with trees blooming in winter, but I guess that's some Scottish sort. :wink:

AWESOME idea and design 'gazumpty'......I :wub: it.......IRT's eh ? Can't see the Polarbear there ? :laugh:

The tree and ice sculptures are the best part of this creation......good luck and Brick On 'gazumpty' ! :grin:

This is an awesome entry! I love how you've done the pavilion and the ice sculptures are just perfect!

Thanks guys for all your encouraging words...I'm humbled especially as there are some of my favourite EB MOC'ers on this thread :D :blush:

To clarify my tree design...I was going for a sort of abstract snow covered design...I think it kinda does the trick :sweet:

Sort of like these beauties you see in winter.....

snowy-trees-winter-ice.jpg

Well the MOC bug has truly bitten me....I'll hopefully be posting an extended winter layout incorporating this wee diorama!

This is really excellent work. I've attended a few of these competitions, and you nailed the feel of them!

Great entry for the competition gazumpty. I like your idea of ice sculpting. Great use of trans clear parts. Good luck in the contest

Wonderful entry, very original and well executed!! The tree is beautiful and the ice sculptures are spot on!!

Good luck and happy building :laugh:

Very very nice! I really love the ice sculpture setting you came up with.

Oooh, the lightbricks really do it for me, very nice. I also love how the workers care for body protection. :-)

Thanks again for the comments and encouragement...I'll definitely be building more for the EB world.