RoxYourBlox

MOC: Pumpkin Factory

indexed.gif B-OM-14A

flickr

6827927904_6f10e98bc3_z.jpg 6974049267_2940ae4c65_z.jpg

6827926688_b4891ea90f_m.jpg 6974047971_33ff3f98cb_m.jpg 6827928256_c5b35f362a_m.jpg

6827929656_266520898f_m.jpg 6974049821_dc42a4f9d2_m.jpg

6827930128_fe5c66a309_z.jpg

...and I forgot to snap a picture of the basket of pumpkins (4424.gif + 4*3626b.gif + 4*229.jpg). :sadnew:

That's all, folks!

Edited by RoxYourBlox

As I suspected, it survived the transformation from digital file to genuine brick-built model perfectly. And that elevator... great job. It looks so nice going up and down - I'd expect that to cause a bit of a stir at any convention :)

As a fan of the modular homes, I really like this build. Your color scheme is beautiful and I love the details you’ve put on the exterior. I think that elevator is a hundred times better then the one in the new town hall and hiding the power function in the basement is nice too. Great work!

Fantastic work 'RYB'! This looks great. I love the colors, very unique and the elevator is awesome. Keep up the great work default_classic.gif

Do you think this mechanism can be build into the Town Hall, or are adjustments necessary?

You would probably have to raise the first floor a bit for motor clearance and rebuild the elevator shaft, making it bigger as well. It would be one good challenge though default_classic.gif

That's a great building with a nice and interesting color scheme. :thumbup: And the elevator's a great idea, too.

Now if the round corner brick you used in gray as awning would be available in a matching color...

I just love the styling and colour scheme, great job all round on first designing in LDD and then seeing the build through to completion :thumbup:

Beautiful building with an AWESOME operating lift......' RoxYourBlox ' you totally rocked this design :excited: .....a huge :thumbup: for your creativity. :grin:

Brick On ' RoxYourBlox ' ! :grin: :grin:

Wow! Excellent build and hig-end colour choice. This is a modular worthy of an official launch.

I also love your generous open-source way of providing the LXF. Thanks a lot!!! :sweet:

Oh, so it's finally here, I was waiting for this one. I love that building, the colors are going together very well! I especially like the fact that you didn't build everything symmetrically. The different balconies and the bay window on either side make it look much more interesting. It's also the first modular corner building I remember seeing that does not have the main entrance located at the corner. And of course the lift is an excellent addition, very compact design that doesn't take away much space from the individual floors. Lastly a word of critique: I think the placing of the fountain in the back is a bit odd, it feels too much tacked on there.

Two questions that I have:

1. Are you going to add interiors at some point?

2. What in the world is a Pumpkin Factory?

*oh2*

This is both: beautiful and amazing! The colorscheme matches perfectly. And I have the impression, that it looks much more modern than it truly is.

The colors you used reminds me a bit on this one.

Keep up the great work!

Wow, amazing build! Do you think this mechanism can be build into the Town Hall, or are adjustments necessary?

I think it could work, and I look forward to someone trying it!

Now if the round corner brick you used in gray as awning would be available in a matching color...

I may replace it with black or dark tan later this year but certainly would prefer reddish brown or dark brown. It's a fairly new part, so I'm hoping Lego will introduce several new colors soon.

Lastly a word of critique: I think the placing of the fountain in the back is a bit odd, it feels too much tacked on there.

Two questions that I have:

1. Are you going to add interiors at some point?

2. What in the world is a Pumpkin Factory?

I agree about the fountain. I was going for something different and struck out. Honestly, building interiors has never been one of my strengths.

However, I envision a greenhouse on the roof, sprouting cute pumpkin-headed minifigs. The attic would serve as a slaughterhouse where pumpkinheads are sacrificed for seeds and extract. Next floor down, the seeds undergo genetic engineering in a lab so that the next generation will exhibit accelerated growth. Second floor, we would see the pumpkinhead extracts processed into cans and syrups. Main floor, a posh cafe serves pumpkin pies and pumpkin spice lattes to gentlemen in top hats, unaware of the atrocities necessary to produce their $5 cup of bliss. :devil:

I agree about the fountain. I was going for something different and struck out. Honestly, building interiors has never been one of my strengths...

I think the fountain would work if there were more space around it; maybe make it a half circle and integrate it into the elevator side of that back area. On the non-elevator side, you could make that side shorter and make the bottom window the top part of the door which would be on ground floor.

Edited by gotoAndLego

How does the lift work with the motor?

Any more instructions?

This is fantastic if could build into town hall =]

Very nice!

The choice of colors and their combinations is just great---very cool (or warm) mix of oranges browns and tans! And the architecture looks fancy but yet doesn't feel overdesigned; great job!

How does the lift work with the motor?

Any more instructions?

This is fantastic if could build into town hall =]

The 4 toothed bars on the back of the elevator are driven up or down by 2 or 3 worms secured between half bushes and cross blocks along 9 or 12M axles. Axles are connected between floors by cross axle extension 2M. Removing the extension to the basement allows one to manually rotate the column by the wheel in the attic. Yes, you could try it in the town hall. You'd have to devote 4x4 for the column and 4x6 for the elevator, though there could be ways to reduce the footprint further.

Edited by RoxYourBlox

Great building! I like the overall height, suitable for a corner building, and I also like the colour scheme with the touches of dark orange everywhere. It works remarkably well.

Amazing modular!

The choice of colours really work here. Especially the roof looks great.

Also nice to see a corner builing that hasn't got the entrance at the corner. That is a real good choice for this building. And to add to that a working elevator... :wub:

I would definitely send all my town to get some of your 5$ pumpkin juice...default_classic.gif

Actually, I really like your fountain default_wubnew.gif, it is very inspiring, even if it could be more in value (as mentioned, if there was more place around it), I would definitely also send a few minifigs to steal it... while others are distracting by getting your beverage default_devg1.gif

Euh did I mention that your elevator is brilliant default_blink.gif

I believe that TLG could take a new market by providing extra accessories for modular buildings:

like having a basic set like Cafe Corner and then sell

- interiors modules

- additional floors (the easiest to produce)

- additional accessories like a fountain for the Town Hall or even a entire park to surround it

- a luxury package like automated elevator for the Town Hall or automated escalators for the Grand Emporium

Thanks RoxYourBlox!

Edited by SwissBrick

This is an amazing looking building. The colours are flattering, it's an interesting combination of warm (and fairly new) colours. I like the roof section the best, it's done perfectly. I know from experience it's hard to make a rounded roof, so your choice of pieces is very smart. And the elevator is an add-on that is an extra special detail to this already special house. :thumbup:

The 4 toothed bars on the back of the elevator are driven up or down by 2 or 3 worms secured between half bushes and cross blocks along 9 or 12M axles. Axles are connected between floors by cross axle extension 2M. Removing the extension to the basement allows one to manually rotate the column by the wheel in the attic. Yes, you could try it in the town hall. You'd have to devote 4x4 for the column and 4x6 for the elevator, though there could be ways to reduce the footprint further.

Thanks.

Possible to upload some photos for each floors lift area, so I can see the whole setup? =] n some part lists..like which gear at the bottom u used?

Kind of get it, hope I can finish my town hall and do this soon! Thanks! :devil:

Wow! *oh2* talk about stepping the game up. PF elevator is insane! Everything about that is great. The exterior colors are great and are a nice representation of the subject matter. The balconies are a great color. Awesome!