soccerkid6

Training Grounds

With all the talk of trouble with Drow or something even worse Sir Glorfindel wants to be ready. He has started a vigorous training program for his men.

Here they are split into two teams, one trying to break the gates with a battering ram while being supported by archers behind mantlets. The other defending the wall/gates.

I used some SNOTed tiles in the wall this time, and the battering ram actually works very well.

7189757283_06a27dfeda_o.jpg

All C&C appreciated :classic:

Edited by soccerkid6

Nice ram :)

They are certainly well-protected your men :)

Now I remember why I designed my Gatehouse against all common constructionrules :laugh: But that will be for July... :classic:

I think it's easy for many of us to think that you need to plate or tile a moc in order to get this snow effect. At least I generally assumed you needed to on stuff other than the ground. Fabulous job showing how white 'Snow' bricks can be incorporated into things other than the ground :) It works especially well with that log pattern.

Edited by Siercon and Coral

@DaMaximus: Thanks :laugh: Looking forward to seeing your gatehouse.

@Siercon and Coral: Thank you, I was very pleased with how the snow effect on the roof came out myself :classic:

I just love that ram! Great minifig posing and nice liitle wall!

The arrows shoot during this training has cotton ends? :wink:

Love those mantlets (and today I learned they have a name). Always like seeing little defensive structures such as these in people's work. Good job!

@DaMaximus: Thanks :laugh: Looking forward to seeing your gatehouse.

@Siercon and Coral: Thank you, I was very pleased with how the snow effect on the roof came out myself :classic:

It is based on the design of the wall I got :)

Will be something like this: 24*48 (base) and 45 bricks heigh :) But first I will make it in LDD, so probably it will change a bit :) It will also depend on what deals I can find on bricklink as the PaB's here in Europe are a rarity :cry_sad:

Love those mantlets (and today I learned they have a name). Always like seeing little defensive structures such as these in people's work. Good job!

Thanks :classic: I though they made a nice addition to the scene.

@DaMaximus: Hope you can find some good deals :classic:

Good work man.

I like that you incorporated the snow this time!

I like the mantlets. Yours are so small and cute, in a good way. for jFox, secret mantlets.

The ram is cool, but a critique if I may... how do you move it into place? Normally one with a roof like that allow those on the inside to touch the ground, and push the ram while being protected from projectiles. Just a thought.

@ZCerberus: Thanks, you were definitely right about the snow :thumbup: I'm glad you like the mantlets, I was trying to make them as small as possible and still be functional. Good point about moving the ram... I guess they can just push from the back :laugh:

Very cool! your wall tecnique now that I have seen it a few times is superb, as is you ram :wub:

keep up the good work!

=Dangerous Dave=

Nice array of war machines you are putting together!:thumbup:

Btw thanks for training my Knights of Aslan! :wink: I've been too busy adventuring and haven't had the time to battle train them so its good they get to practice with your soldiers.:sweet:

@Mikel Kalores: Yes we will be quite ready for any trouble :devil: I think you need to read the description again, they are just wearing different color uniforms for the practice, like soccer teams scrimmage :wink:

@Mikel Kalores: Yes we will be quite ready for any trouble :devil: I think you need to read the description again, they are just wearing different color uniforms for the practice, like soccer teams scrimmage :wink:

Yes I did read the description... that was just a lame joke lol :laugh: