Sirens-of-Titan

Design a 5th Guild Challenge

Hello guildsmen from all Guilds! As the voting and judging of entrees from challenge 4 is under way, and the prelude for challenge 5 is still a ways away, I am announcing a brand new mini challenge open to all Guild members.

Introducing:

Design a 5th Guild Challenge

waterfallvalley.jpg

*Image created by Bobby Myers, USA

Have you ever wondered about what lies beyond the borders of Historica? Historica is a truly diverse land with a multitude of cultures, and yet beyond it a whole world awaits, inhabited by people and all manners of races and species. Have you ever wanted to build in the world outside of the four great Guilds? Well this is your chance to do so! This challenge is about designing a 5th Guild; one that lies outside of Historica, and is entirely up to you to make! Perhaps you wish there was a jungle-dwelling guild, or a guild made up entirely of savage beasts? The call is yours; be as creative as you can , but make it feel like a guild that may easily fit into the world of Historica.

What exactly are you to do?

Post the following in this order, within a single post:

1) Invent a brand new Guild, write a brief description. (or a full story if you feel up for it) about how it fits into the world of GoH. The Guild can reference other fantasy worlds (ie Drow, Orcs etc) but it should not be a copyrighted material. (ie, Rohan, Gondor, other fantasy franchise groups) Post the information about it in the following format.

Guild name:

Guild Location: (relative to Historica)

Capital and Ruler:

Unique characteristics: (For example, Mitgardians would be known as extremely resilient in the cold, and great hunters just as Kaliphlin citizens would be resilient in drouth, good at trading etc.

2) Design a color scheme (flag made up of 2 colors, just like other Guild flags) and post a few pictures of your citizens/soldiers.

3) Name and build the leader of the 5th Guild. Post a picture. (You may wish to include a story, or not)

4) Lastly, build a small vignette (16X16 minimum, 20X20 maximum) that shows off the unique flavor of your Guild. For example, if your unique guild is based in the jungle, you may want to show off a lush jungle scene, or perhaps a jungle temple, or even a high fantasy location that defies convention. It's all up to you! Make sure to include the new heores you create, be they leaders, adventurers or mere citizens.

All in all you need a minimum of 3 pictures (Color scheme, leader, vignette) and story/info.

How will this challenge be scored?

The Guild leaders will score the challenge entrees on the following criteria.

1) Originality ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 10 points

2) How well the guild/story/ideas fit into the world of GoH --------------- 10 points

3) Build quality/figure originality/photography --------------------------------- 20 points

4) Having all the required pictures/ information ------------------------------- 10 points

The entree that gets the highest score will be declared a winner! (In the event of t tie, the tied entrees will be put to a public vote, in which GoH members will decide the winner.)

What is the prize for the winner?

There are two major incentives to build in this challenge.

1) The winning entree will be incorporated into the story of Historica and play a part in challenges 5 and 6, including all leaders and character introduced within the winning Guild. This is your chance to steer the story of Historica, and see your builds have direct consequences into the main story. Your newly created guild leader will also be controlled by you as a character within the world of Historica, and you will be consulted directly to write his/her dialogue in challenge preludes and introductions. The winner will also be granted the title of "Legendary Storyteller."

2) The Lego prize will be a brand new Uruk-Hai army set, from the LOTR line. Collectors and MOC'ers rejoice, as this set has plenty to offer to both!

673419167048_xlg.jpg

So what are you waiting for? Indulge your imagination and create a brand new guild to flesh out the world of Historica!

The deadline for the building submission is Friday, September 21, 2012. Entrees MUST be submitted before deadline, and in this thread in order to count. One post submissions please. (Do not post description/vignettes/characters as separate posts, or the thread will turn into a madhouse. Thank you!)

Got any questions? Please ask below. :thumbup:

Good luck, and looking forward to seeing your builds!

UPDATE: The deadline has been reached and the judging process is beginning. Here is a list of all the excellent entrees we've gotten over the last month! (in order of submission)

1) Morgali by Legonardo

2) Atlantis by TheBoyWonder

3) The Realm of the Fae by Medic!!

4) Varlyrio by MikeyB

5) Eaurios by Ecclesiastes

6) Gomoria by Captain Nemo

7) Solia by blue banana

8) Gascar by Hersbruckler

9) Belley by Rast

10) Down Under by hellboy

11) Soflos by Kai NRG

12) Silmeria by Soccerkid6

13) Skislandor by Mikel Kalores

14) Fahrettin by Torgar

15) Drakrydar by DaMaximus

16) Pennamore by SkaForHire

17) Arcanos by Hexx

18) Tolimar by Jason Cicchini

19) Togensu by rogue_Li

20) Nievagros by Garmadon

21) Wyndgardiam by Erynlasgalen

22) Kelasituan by NiceMarmot

23) Temukan by Gabe

24) The Rimlands by robuko

25) Campus by Styrbjorn

26) Gadaelon by Jacob Nion

27) Amafriends by lego_legis_legere

This will be fun! Glad its open for all members regardless of guild

so I take it challenge 5 wont be announced until atfer this one is complete!

Wow, wasn't expecting this :thumbup: Hopefully I'll be participating, this is really gonna get me thinking!

so I take it challenge 5 wont be announced until atfer this one is complete!

No, this is independent of challenge 5, but since it's mostly creative work and not so much building I think it won't get in the way.

This challenge sounds fun but a max of 20x20?

Like SoT said, sounds like the creativity is more important than the MOC skills in this one. Also, challenge 5 must not be TOO far away, so limiting the size makes it realistic for people to enter. Consider this Beery- create a guild, keep it to 20 x 20 and then if your guild gets in, you could make whatever crazy build you want!

This mini challenge promises to be very interesting.

I will participate. :classic:

Nice challenge, I will try my best to participate

say I won though, would that mean that I leave Avalonia?

EDIT: started planning default_satisfied.gif

7821381134_783115dc13_z.jpg

*Image created by myself

Edited by Legonardo Davidy

Nice challenge, I will try my best to participate

say I won though, would that mean that I leave Avalonia?

Not at all, this is just in addition to your original character. You only assume the new role if you win, and you dint have to build for the new guild unless you want to. Its something that will appear in official challenges however. So if you won you will be just as you are now, plus an extra character and a place in the official challenge storyline.

I believe that I am not ready for such responsibilities as running an entire guild. Not yet anyway... *Ahem* You can Op me out of this challenge, but I will be anxious to see how this will turn out. Happy building everyone!

This sounds really awesome, I love minibuilds like this!

This challenge sounds fun but a max of 20x20?

That's just perfect, if you ask me. Gives even those of us with the not-so-many-brick desease a chance :tongue: !

ah, a great idea, I must say I did not saw this coming ;)

and size limitation is good for me, I tend to forget myself and then have problems finishing in time ;)

This is my favorite part - minifigs and story :)

Nice mini-challenge!!!

One thing is not really clear for me: can I use a Guild which is already mentioned a thousand times before by me? (Ximus or Amenor for example) ?

The problem is I already made a banner, story etc for it a while ago...

But then again, it are 2 Guilds who are really important for GoH (well, not for GoH, but for my city Mpya Stedor and other Kaliphlin cities)

Nice mini-challenge!!!

One thing is not really clear for me: can I use a Guild which is already mentioned a thousand times before by me? (Ximus or Amenor for example) ?

The problem is I already made a banner, story etc for it a while ago...

But then again, it are 2 Guilds who are really important for GoH (well, not for GoH, but for my city Mpya Stedor and other Kaliphlin cities)

If you feel the ideas can be winners, I say go for it. There is no penalty for using old ideas. Just make sure to write things up and post new MOC's and pictures. (If you just re-post an old MOC it won't count.)

If you feel the ideas can be winners, I say go for it. There is no penalty for using old ideas. Just make sure to write things up and post new MOC's and pictures. (If you just re-post an old MOC it won't count.)

I will make a new Guild between Historica and Eilandica :thumbup: (for those who don't know what Eilandica is, but are already a member of GoH for a long time: thanks for reading my posts! :sarcasm:)

Again a question: I guess the first one who claims a spot on the map has it and the others have to search for their own spot?

Again a question: I guess the first one who claims a spot on the map has it and the others have to search for their own spot?

I don't think so, since only the winner will actually be part of Historica - others are just some stories and legends ...

I don't think so, since only the winner will actually be part of Historica - others are just some stories and legends ...

Is indeed true but then again, the world is very wide :laugh:

edit:

My WIP can be seen here:

Drakrydar, The 5th Guild? (GoH Wikia)

Edited by DaMaximus

Can I get a clarification please?

Can we work as a group on this? I know there is only one physical prize, but if two of us were to work on a project and it won, would it be possible to both get the title? I like the LOTR prize, but would be willing to give that up to my teammate for a shared title.

I had an idea but then I couldn't figure out where to put it on the map to be more accessible for all the other guilds. Then I came up with the following idea but then I thought I better check to see if this would even be feasable as an entry. So here is a sample of my idea...

1. Guild name: Skislandor – It is not known when sentient races first settled on the floating rock islands that are now known to collectively be called Skislandor. It is also not known what force holds the giant rocks up in the sky. However it must be noted that the rock islands only float over desolate areas of Historica. The ground beneath lies broken and jagged as if at some time in the long distant past the rocks were forcefully pulled from the ground. The rocks themselves vary in size from a few cubic meters to several million cubic meters.
    Guild location: In the sky over desolate areas of the other four Guilds.
    Capitol and Ruler: Quilli is the capitol of Skislandor and is made up of a cluster of large floating rocks. It is located above a large group of islands off the western coast of Kaliphlin. Skislandor is ruled by Asho Kalani who has only recently ascended to the throne after his father, Akos Kalani abdicated due to old age.
    Unique characteristics: resilient against magic, excellent at riding flying creatures.
  2. Color Scheme: Blue and Yellow – blue representing the sky and yellow representing the sun which forever shines on Skislandor. (PHOTO)
  3. Leader: Asho Kalani leads the scattered colonies that make up the Skislander Guild. He is a new leader and hopes to end Skislandor's age old policy of isolation. However many of the leading houses oppose his plans to place Skislandor on the map. Kalani believes that Skislandor cannot remain in isolation forever and that now is the right time to begin incorporating itself in the affairs of the rest of Historica (PHOTO)
  4. 20x20 vignette showing the “flavor” of Skislander. (PHOTO)

Great minds Mikel! I started building my vig for a new guild that is floating islands over Historica.

Great minds Mikel! I started building my vig for a new guild that is floating islands over Historica.

Well if we are allowed to work as a group on this challenge as has been asked, maybe we should team up... I haven't started building yet but I have it built already in my mind. It would really make for an interesting challenge should there ever be a group effort required...

Hey guys, although teamwork sounds like an interesting idea, I'm going to have to say no, as the challenge really is not designed that way. Good concept to keep in mind for further mini challenges I suppose, but for now let's keep it to one builder, one submission, one person getting the prize in the end. :thumbup: