It is the middle of the night, and Poppy and Randy are attending to some business. Namely chucking the corpse of Jean out of the back door of the Police Station.
"We should probably do a sweep of the Station while we're up" says Poppy "There'll probably be more."
Meanwhile, Gary is wide awake and spending some quality time with 'Little Gary'.
"Beepety beep boop" says Little Gary
"You're just the bestest friend ever!" replies Gary
"Beeeeepety beeeeeeeeeeeep!" shrieks the little robot, but it is too late....
...Gary is decapitated swiftly, and unbelievably, with a lightsaber
"Booop" wails the little robot, as it too suspends its disbelief
"Bahahahaha!" chuckles the black figure as it runs off into the night.
Andrea is taking the opportunity to catch up on some filing, drinking some herbal tea to soothe her nerves.
She hears the slightest sound behind her, and in her heightened anxiety she spins round.
"Aaa-aaa-aaa-aaa-aaaaargh!" are her unfortunate last words as a dark figure advances with its axe
"Tee-hee-hee-hee-hee" laughs the dark figure as it quickly chops Andrea up into little pieces, before it too runs off into the night
During their sweep, Randy and Poppy discover the mutilated body of Andrea, gather her together as best they can and take her down to the back door.
They also pick up Gary, and his head, and take him away as Little Gary looks on making sad beeping noises.
They load the bodies out the back, along with Jean, while Randy makes a call.
"Hi, it's me." Randy speaks into his phone "Get the boys on this pronto, I want answers by morning. Yeah, at the back." he nods into the phone "Good, get on it."
"Hurry back inside" calls Poppy "I'm starting to get cold"
The next morning everyone gathers in the main office space, sitting or standing wherever they can.
"You might notice that there's a bit more space this morning" starts Poppy "We found the lifeless bodies of Gary and Andrea last night. Both of them were pretty badly mutilated."
The crowd is shocked, although a few seem to be faking their surprise. Everyone looks around, shifting uncomfortably. Randy's phone rings.
"This is the news we've been waiting for" continues Poppy "I'm sure you're as interested to know as we are"
The room is silent, as if everyone is holding their breath
"Yeah, I heard you. Thanks." Randy finishes his call
"Well" he says, sighing "That was my team at the KIA. They've thoroughly examined the bodies and they can confirm that.."
people grumble at the addition of unnecessary suspense
".. Jean was in fact an innocent member of the Town..."
there is much gasping from the crowd
".. Gary was also an innocent member of the Town..."
".. and Andrea... was also an innocent member of the Town."
there is stunned silence
"Huh, well that could have gone better" says Poppy to the crowd "I suggest you get talking about who you wish to have interrogated next. It seems you have quite a bit to talk about.."
she stares sternly at the assembled inhabitants
- Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Town or the Mafia. To win the game, the Town must kill off all the Mafia, while the Mafia needs to outnumber the Town. Third-Party (neutral) characters, if any, have their own win conditions as outlined in their roles.
- Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. A majority vote is required to lynch a player.
- A game day will last a maximum of 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. The day will end when a majority vote has been reached. After the day has concluded, a night stage will commence, which will usually last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of the night stage.
- The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day.
- You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to or from you in PM with the game host. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage. Also, you may not quote PMs from other players. Paraphrasing is allowed but no direct quoting. Please refrain from quoting PMs in the game threads and in private.
- Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread; you must always play the role given to you. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.
- If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.
- You may not edit your posts.
- You must post in every day thread.
- If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the hosts via PM.
- Violation of the above rules will result in a vote penalty of half the required majority against you on your first offence, and the death of your character on your second offence. Violation of rule 7 will have a heavier penalty, made at the discretion of the Games Moderator.
- Everyone in the station has caught a mild cold, so you must make a cold-related noise (a sniff, a sneeze, a cough, ...) in every post.
- Violation of rule 12 will result in a one vote penalty for every offence, but only after voting starts.
All players have been sent a Role PM in the following format:
Welcome to Police Infiltration: A Mafia School Game. Information about your character and role can be found below. Please use only this PM to communicate with us about the game. No other form of communication will be acknowledged. To start off, set your avatar to the picture below (or put it in your signature), put your character’s name in your signature (don’t reveal your affiliation or role!), and confirm your participation in this thread.
Good luck and have fun!
Pandora and Rick
<Character name>, <Character description>
<The extended character description that can also be found in the Confirmation and Discussion Thread goes here.>
You are a member of the Town and are a Vanilla Townie. You have no night action. You will need to use your skills in deduction and analysis, and your wits to combat the Mafia, but don’t forget that your vote is the most powerful weapon you have.
You are a member of the Town and are the <Night Action>. You can target one player each night and <...>. Your result will be ‘Successful’ when you succeed at <...>. Your result will be ‘Unsuccessful’ when you fail at <...>.
You are a member of the Mafia and are a Goon.
You are a member of the Mafia and are the <Night Action>. You can target one player each night and <...>. Your result will be ‘Successful’ when you succeed at <...>. Your result will be ‘Unsuccessful’ when you fail at <...>.
Your Win Condition
You win when the Mafia is eliminated.
You win when the Mafia outnumbers the Town.
Poppy, Chief Inspector and new Chief of Police, played by Pandora
Randy, Special Agent of the KIA, played by Rick
Adam, Motorcycle Cop, played by badboytje88
Amelia, Desk Sergeant, played by TheBoyWonder
Christine, Coffee Lady, played by konze
Henrietta, Undercover Cop, played by Masked Builder
Ian, Lawyer, played by TazManiac
Isaac, Janitor, played by TrumpetKing67
Jared, Beat Cop, played by Ferrik
Kendra, Beat Cop, played by Stormblessed
Mark, Team Leader Vice Squad, played by JaseTJ
Phil, Detective, played by Scorpiox
Phyllis, Beat Cop, played by Superficial Username
Samantha, Local 'Masseuse', played by DarthPotato
Zachary, Forensic Officer, played by zakura
Jean, Local Bum, played by Endgame, Town, Lynched on Day 1
Gary, Bomb Disposal Officer, played by Adam, Town, Decapitated on Night 1
Andrea, Secretary to the Chief of Police, played by PsyKater, Town, Chopped to pieces on Night 1