Henrik Ludvigsen

The last LFW in Skærbæk....

Adult LEGO fans,

After 10 successful years, the Community Engagement & Events (CEE) department has decided that the 2014 gathering at LEGO Fan Weekend (LFW) in Skærbæk, Denmark will unfortunately be the last one. This was not an easy decision to make, but various challenges with the event and the significant growth in LUGs around the world have created a need for the CEE Department to reallocate its resources to support as many members of the global AFOL community as possible.

We know this might come as difficult news to many of you, and we are thankful to those who have worked with us every year to make it a great experience. We hope that during this 10th anniversary of the event, everyone can enjoy one last time together in Skærbæk and reflect on the rich history of LFW. We encourage all of the AFOLs who have been or were planning to come to LFW in the future to consider attending another LUG driven event around the world, and to look to the new LEGO Ambassador Network (LAN) as the primary platform for interaction with The LEGO Group. Also keep in mind that the CEE department does not exclude the possibility of hosting AFOL gatherings in Billund or other locations at a later date.

We are very much looking forward to see those of you who will be there. Thank you for your time and continued support of the LEGO brand.

With Warmest Regards,

The CEE Department

I read this.

I can't express my sorrow with words.

I met a lot of AFOLs, it was so inspiring...

I really can't see a reason why.

I mean, I see some, but I don't see those as determining.

I am already planning to do something similar next year.

I welcome every suggestion.

Please reply.

A bit sad that my first LFW will also be my last.. But Im confident we AFOL's will find a new ways to meet and that something or somethings will fill the gap.

and lets not forget "Also keep in mind that the CEE department does not exclude the possibility of hosting AFOL gatherings in Billund or other locations at a later date."