Sign in to follow this  
Tamamono

Silver City Mafia: Day 2 - Day of the Outlaw

Players only please!

7381746522_4e89b2c30c_o.png

Thursday, June 24th

1 A.M.

9158363617_1507a62421_o.png

In the darkness, a red coyote howls at the moon.

9158363463_b6709860f0_o.png

Elsewhere, another red creature pours himself his fifth drink of the night.

Mayor Nelson is going crazy; it's been at least two days since he's had sex with a woman who wasn't his wife. This isn't what he became mayor for!

Suddenly, there comes a rap from the door. Tying his robe together, he walks leisurely over to the entryway.

9158363297_41561d115c_o.png

Whoever is at the door knocks again.

"I'm coming, I'm coming!" a slightly annoyed mayor hisses as he strides over to the door.

9158363033_cbb4f58777_o.png

However, his annoyance quickly fades as he opens the door. Standing outside is a beautiful lady - or at least what appears to be one. In reality, it's a dark figure dressed in a cheap dress and an obscenely ridiculous wig. In his drunken state, the poor mayor can't tell who it is.

"Ah, forgive me for making you wait, mademoiselle." Drake gives a slight bow and kisses the figure's hand. "Would you like to come in for a drink~?"

The figure says nothing, but gives a slight forced giggle, which Drake takes as a "yes".

9158362805_561d7f9ff1_o.png

"Allow me to get you a drink then, ma belle fleur~" Drake says in a heavy french accent. After all, French is the language of love. Well, not love in this case, but something even better according to Drake.

Unfortunately for our poor mayor, he's so excited about staying up all night to get lucky that he didn't notice the figure close the door and pull out a rather large sword.

9160587170_fa4564f993_o.png

"Sacrebleu!" Drake gurgles as the figure slits his throat.

9160587002_756f828179_o.png

He dies instantly, falling onto the bearskin rug.

And that is the end of Drake D. Nelson (Darkdragon)

~~~

Thursday, June 24th, 1880

Silver City, AZ

Things have taken a turn for the worse. Last night, someone assassinated the good mayor of this town. How could this happen? Even after I threatened the citizens of Silver City to not commit murder (apart from government-ordered murder, obviously)?

What's more, after a thorough investigation, we have concluded that Caleb Nelson was Village. Mayor Nelson was, of course, also Village. This is not looking good at all...

9158362071_73ed07a433_o.png

The next morning, the remaining citizens of Silver City gathered at the town square.

9158361543_2a491a3a23_o.png

Abigail and Jessica Nelson have dressed in all black to mourn the death of Drake.

Ms. Jellison comforts a weeping Abigail. "Don't worry, Abby. He never loved you anyway. It's no big loss."

Jessica looks on jealously. Why won't someone comfort her? This is the perfect time for someone to buy her something nice. After all, she is mourning!!

9160585926_b206e8de7c_o.png

This whole situation creates more stress than one man can handle - even a man as big as Perry Nelson. Luckily, the baker has brought along several goodies to help.

Tony P. Russel looks longingly at the croissant.

9160585628_350ee6d516_o.png

Despite the recent tragedies, Captain Minnow stands atop the gallows with dignity.

"People of Silver City, I have grim news. As you may already know, the life of a brave, horny man was taken last night. That man was your mayor, Drake D. Nelson. He was a member of the Village and shall be missed."

"That's not all, however. It seems you made a wrong choice in your lynch yesterday. The drunkard, Caleb Norman, was also Village. Perhaps today you'd like to not condemn an innocent to death?"

9158360539_ed872be104_o.png

"This isn't a joke; this is serious. In the span of the last few days, 3 good men have lost their lives. We can't let there be any more wrongful deaths! It's time to take down those murderers!"

The Living (22)

9080893438_540143c5b3_o.png Captain Thomas A. Minnow - Not played by Tamamono

9080892068_e5bb820696_o.png Corporal Daniel Sutcliffe - NPC

9080893228_17f9ab4222_o.png Private Arthur Stark - NPC

9042888960_8291c3155c_o.png Liz Devon, wife of Patrick - played by LegoDad

9042994908_b9de845357_o.png Connie Radford, rancher and wife of Zachary - played by Clanure

9042823538_1d1b22afdf_o.png Boris Wheeler, lawyer - played by TheBoyWonder

9040822363_a1534f03bc_o.png Perry Nathan, baker - played by Peanuts

9042883484_3a3e5a1c29_o.png Beatrice Kingsley, bartender and aunt of Tristan - played by Bob

9043059604_00501e371b_o.png Carletta Maria Puerta, fortune teller - played by CallMePie

9040800247_6388d2a365_o.png Michael Thompson, miner, father of Sheridan and husband of Esther - played by Mencot

9040830261_dea05a378a_o.png Tristan Kingsley, stableboy and nephew of Beatrice - played by Trumpetking

9042818992_3deee9ab65_o.png Clay Redfeather, fur trapper - played by Capt. Redblade

9042892378_e0465c96b0_o.png Jessica Nelson, wife of Drake and mother of Abigail - played by jamesn

9040624847_152570ca2c_o.png Zachary Radford, rancher and husband of Connie - played by Zakura

9040802689_bb7e7bda67_o.png Esther Thompson, wife of Michael and mother of Sheridan - played by Esurient

9040672667_50764f2dfe_o.png Prudence Jellison, teacher - played by Purpearljellyblob

9042846890_1f65b475cf_o.png Damien Long, farmhand and son of Kimberly - played by Dannylonglegs

9040805633_ddebb9d3a6_o.png Abigail Nelson, daughter of Drake and Jessica - played by Adam

9043017384_e455c1b788_o.png Molly Tennant, saloon dancer - played by mostlytechnic

9042891542_696532ea10_o.png Kimberly Long, farmer and mother of Damien - played by Kristel

9042846738_cd6c7e1a8d_o.png Tony P. Russel, cardsharp - played by TinyPiesRUs

9040601813_ba0c7a5b98_o.png Patrick Devon, general store owner and husband of Liz - played by PirateDave

9042817674_47d0e1d5fc_o.png Kenneth Emanuel, sheriff - played by KielDaMan

9043049178_3c77b0218e_o.png Sheridan Thompson, miner and daughter of Michael and Esther - played by Scubacarrot

9043041612_f7f5e87fe5_o.png Kane DeBois, snake oil salesman - played by Kadabra

The Deceased (2):

9126183325_f5233be558_o.png Brandon Rutherford, secretary - NPC, Killed Night 0

9160796096_dcf055e3f7_o.png Caleb Norman, drunkard - played by Captain Nemo, Lynched Day 1 - Village

9160796046_6d292e0d10_o.png Drake D. Nelson, mayor of Silver City - played by Darkdragon, Killed Night 1 - Village

Reserves:

fhomess

def

The Rules

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Village or the Red Coyote Gang. To win the game, the Village must kill off all non-Villagers, while the Coyotes must outnumber the Village. Third-Party (Independent) characters have their own win conditions as outlined in their roles.

2. Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player). Proxy voting is allowed, and must be presented in the following format;Proxy: Character (Player). Unproxying is to be presented in this format; Unproxy: Character (Player) No other format will be accepted. At the end of the day, the player with the most votes will be lynched. In the case of a tie, the first to achieve their vote count will be lynched. Voting each day is mandatory. Failure to vote will incur a vote penalty the next day. If no one is lynched when the end of a game day comes around, someone will be chosen and killed at random.

3. A game day will last a maximum of 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. After the day has concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to me within the first 24 hours of the night stage. Late night actions will not be accepted.

4. The alignment of dead players will be revealed the morning after they die. For example, Player A dies during Night 1, so his affiliation is revealed on Day 2. However, the affiliation of a player lynched on Day 1 will not be revealed until the morning of Day 2.

5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to you by the game host or other players via PM. This includes all the details of your character, role, conversations, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.

6. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.

7. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.

8. You may not edit your posts.

9. You must post in every day thread.

10. Violation of the above rules will result in a penalty vote against you for every 5 players still alive on your first offense, and your removal from the game on your second offense. Modkills will not be occurring this game.

If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact me via PM.

Well, that's not good. (and for the record, yesterday's final vote count is wrong. Esther ended with 7 votes, not 8. Caleb would have been gone with or without my vote switch at the end)

So now with 2 town gone, we've gotta do better today. As usual, out of the 10 voting against Caleb I expect to find several scummos. Although with it being such a close vote and swinging from a large Esther lead to Caleb getting lynched, that makes me think maybe she's scum and her buddies jumped on the Caleb bandwagon to save her... See, this is a case where you can learn from a lynch. If/when Esther is lynched and comes up scum, that'd tell me that those voting for her on day one are likely town. If she came up town, then the scum split their votes between her and caleb most likely. Not sure it's worth lynching a claimed town PR to determine this yet though...

Well, that's not good. (and for the record, yesterday's final vote count is wrong. Esther ended with 7 votes, not 8. Caleb would have been gone with or without my vote switch at the end)

So now with 2 town gone, we've gotta do better today. As usual, out of the 10 voting against Caleb I expect to find several scummos. Although with it being such a close vote and swinging from a large Esther lead to Caleb getting lynched, that makes me think maybe she's scum and her buddies jumped on the Caleb bandwagon to save her... See, this is a case where you can learn from a lynch. If/when Esther is lynched and comes up scum, that'd tell me that those voting for her on day one are likely town. If she came up town, then the scum split their votes between her and caleb most likely. Not sure it's worth lynching a claimed town PR to determine this yet though...

As I said yesterday, real town never softclaims, it gives scum a target and Town nothing new to work with. I'd bet she's scum - why wouldn't the scum target her last night (being the only claimed PR) if they knew she was town?

Well crap, I took Caleb's over-defensiveness as a scum flail, obviously I was wrong. I'm still not at ease with either Esther or Sheridan, but probably Esther moreso. I will be all ears to see if we had any luck with night actions, hopefully there was some information derived from it. With only 1 kill, I am assuming there was a block?

Oh, my. Two townies dead. It's not as bad as it could have been, luckily. I'm still thinking that Esther is more scum than town, or even Independent, but I'm fairly sure that she's anti-town at the least. It's interesting how she survived, too. Wouldn't the scum have killed her if she's the only known town PR?

I guess you are right in that your vote switch did not matter really, but it still make me a bit uncomfortable. Your switch was both unnecessary and ill-explained; you said you would gladly vote for someone else or even do a throw away vote but yet vote for Caleb and explain it by basically saying 'might as well jump on the bandwagon'. You then proceed to say that you're likely lynching a townie and conclude by saying you would have voted for someone else :wacko:

I actually wouldn't be surprised if a Coyote or the third party (I can't tell from the pictures who killed Drake) targeted Esther and was unsuccessful due to a doctor or block action.

Wonderful. Well. I can't say I'm entirely surprised, even though Caleb's behavior was quite suspicious yesterday, first day Lynches are often misguided. I'm still sort of suspicious of Michael. His response to my legitimate suspicions yesterday was not-at-all what I'd consider a Townie response. :sceptic:

As for Drake's death, my guess is that it's a coyote killing. Perhaps they agreed with Esther's theory that he was "soft claiming" yesterday? That or they wanted a veteran gone.

D-d-d-DADDY! :cry_sad: He never paid much attention to me, but to think... he's really gone... :cry3:

Thanks for those words of comfort, Ms. Jellison. :cry_happy: This loss is hitting me a little harder than I'd like to admit.

Losing my father is even worse when I realize that it means losing a loyal member of the Town, as well. Furthermore, it saddens me to have been so wrong about poor Caleb, though I must say I'll be glad to be rid of his drunken stench. :sick:

However, we can all mourn later. The best way to avenge my father is to catch these Coyote bastards. Speaking of which, my father was the only poor soul taken in the night. I highly doubt that there is only one killer in this game... of life, so I'm guessing that the other killer was blocked - that, or he or she chose not to kill last night. Furthermore, we can't discount the possibility of an Independent murderer. Since my father wasn't one of the primary suspects last night, I can't see him being a vigilante kill...

Well, the obvious implication here is that Esther (Esurient) is the Town Vigilante, since she was the only person who suspected my dad. However, I think if Esther (Esurient) is scum, then my father - or anybody else on Esther's hit list - would be a really clever scum kill, because it would lead us to trust Esther (Esurient) and believe her to be the Town Vigilante.

Interesting. I think at the moment Esther is our best chance, unless night actions have revealed something. Drake seems to of been a metagame kill by the Coyotes. Surely if Esther was town she would of been targeted? Actually, Esther claims to be a PR, I wonder If she did anything yesterday night,

It is my assumption that Drake was a scum kill as well since he was killed similarly to Mr. Rutherford.

Wonderful. Well. I can't say I'm entirely surprised, even though Caleb's behavior was quite suspicious yesterday, first day Lynches are often misguided. I'm still sort of suspicious of Michael. His response to my legitimate suspicions yesterday was not-at-all what I'd consider a Townie response. :sceptic:

As for Drake's death, my guess is that it's a coyote killing. Perhaps they agreed with Esther's theory that he was "soft claiming" yesterday? That or they wanted a veteran gone.

If the Coyotes agreed with this claim, wouldn't she be dead? I guess I don't follow.

If the Coyotes agreed with this claim, wouldn't she be dead? I guess I don't follow.

snapback.pngDarkdragon, on 23 June 2013 - 05:24 PM, said:

Now now, ladies, don't you worry. We'll clean up this town quickly. In the meantime, come over here so I can get a good look protect you from this dark menace.

I will have more on Sheridan later but I have some questions for Drake,

1. I suppose you have intentionally reduced the font for the following words, "get a good look", in the confirmation and discussion topic. Why did you do that?

2. What does "get a good look" supposed to mean?

3. Are you trying to get PRs to claim to you?

Because right now I have a "Drake soft claimed PR before the start of the game" read on you.

This.

That was Esther that made that post, correct? About questioning Drake about his font-change and wanting to "get a good look".? That was pretty obvious role playing to me, but if he was trying to sniff out a PR, it went way over my head. But if that is the case you're making, then you are implying that this kill makes Esther scummier?

Of course we know what Esther said yesterday, but she softclaimed much harder than Drake may or may not have done. Are you saying you think Esther is scum, and that's why scum targeted Drake instead of her?

Please, be more to the point.

I think that what Damien is trying to say is that Esther might be scum, and that's why she survived the night and Drake died instead.

That theory isn't too far fetched, I say we her what Esther has to say, about her actions last night, and to offer some sort of defence.

Of course we know what Esther said yesterday, but she softclaimed much harder than Drake may or may not have done. Are you saying you think Esther is scum, and that's why scum targeted Drake instead of her?

Drake could barely even be considered a softclaim. Esther is really the only claim we have at the moment (besides Sheridan, but I think we've moved past that for the most part), so how could she have survived the night if she is a town PR?

It is my assumption that Drake was a scum kill as well since he was killed similarly to Mr. Rutherford.

This. Drake was probably a scum kill, so why him and not Esther?

I think Drake's being killed was metagaming. There's a little bit there (as mentioned above), but not a whole lot. To be honest, I expected possibly 2 more deaths last night. As described, Drake's death looks coyote. There could have been a SK or town Vig kill as well, so I'm curious what NA's revealed?

I'm curious as to why Esther managed to get away untouched. Blocker, Protector, something?

Moving on, anybody have any suggestions as to where we start today?

Drake could barely even be considered a softclaim.

Correct. I think Esther (and Damien) are wrong in this regard.

Esther is really the only claim we have at the moment (besides Sheridan, but I think we've moved past that for the most part), so how could she have survived the night if she is a town PR?

A well-placed block or save. I mean, we presumably have a vig, third party and a scum killer in play, allowing three kills, but last night there was only one. Going from precedent, I imagine the vig chose not to kill on Night One.

This. Drake was probably a scum kill, so why him and not Esther?

Why do you think so?

That was Esther that made that post, correct? About questioning Drake about his font-change and wanting to "get a good look".? That was pretty obvious role playing to me, but if he was trying to sniff out a PR, it went way over my head. But if that is the case you're making, then you are implying that this kill makes Esther scummier?

Yes, Esther made that quote yesterday. I agree that it was rather obviously role-playing on Drake's part, but Esther seemingly believed it. In my opinion, Esther's actions have struck me as those of a very inexperienced Townie, (openly looking for PRs and claiming to have a PR for next-to no reason just doesn't say member of a manipulative behind-the-scenes posse of murders to me.). I was just wondering why the scum would have wanted Drake dead and I came across that quote while looking over the previous day's events. Maybe the scum thought that Drake had a PR. It was just a thought though. I'm inclined to agree that it was a metagame kill.

Why do you think so?

If you had read the quote I posted, my reason for thinking Drake was scum-killed is that he had his throat slit. This is comparable to the MO of Rutherford's murder before this whole mess started. Which leads into my next point...

A well-placed block or save. I mean, we presumably have a vig, third party and a scum killer in play, allowing three kills, but last night there was only one. Going from precedent, I imagine the vig chose not to kill on Night One.

It is certainly possible that someone protected Esther on the basis of her softclaim, but protected her against what? It's more likely that the scum killed Drake, which still leaves the unanswered question of why Drake over Esther?

There are a few things I noticed about Esther from yesterday, and I thought they could be used to help decide her affiliation.

It was noticed that Esther was very reluctant to claim. Is it possible that she was reluctant because she's a Coyote and wanted to say she had a PR to save herself? Is it possible that she didn't say which PR she was, so there weren't any interfering claims?

I also noticed where she placed her vote. She didn't place her vote on someone she had marked as scum, but instead, someone that she only had a 50/50 read on. Could it be that she was trying to even out the votes (I need to double-check the tally)? Perhaps a few of those that Esther listed are actually Coyotes, and she's attempting to distance herself from them, but mistakenly voted somewhere else?

Any thoughts on this?

If you had read the quote I posted, my reason for thinking Drake was scum-killed is that he had his throat slit. This is comparable to the MO of Rutherford's murder before this whole mess started. Which leads into my next point...

It is certainly possible that someone protected Esther on the basis of her softclaim, but protected her against what? It's more likely that the scum killed Drake, which still leaves the unanswered question of why Drake over Esther?

The obvious conclusion: because Esther is scum.

Yes, Esther made that quote yesterday. I agree that it was rather obviously role-playing on Drake's part, but Esther seemingly believed it. In my opinion, Esther's actions have struck me as those of a very inexperienced Townie, (openly looking for PRs and claiming to have a PR for next-to no reason just doesn't say member of a manipulative behind-the-scenes posse of murders to me.). I was just wondering why the scum would have wanted Drake dead and I came across that quote while looking over the previous day's events. Maybe the scum thought that Drake had a PR. It was just a thought though. I'm inclined to agree that it was a metagame kill.

This isn't Esther's first rodeo, I don't exactly feel this way. Again, hopefully some info will come out and show that she was protected, but my initial feeling right now is that she's alive for a scummy reason.

As an addendum to my previous post, Esther seems to have voted for Caleb at a time where she caused a tie, if that means anything.