DLuders

Joshua Ciesielski's Lego F-14D Tomcat

Joshua Ciesielski recently posted this

of his Lego Grumman F-14D Tomcat which he modeled in Lego Digital Designer (LDD). It has a realistic, "swing wing" construction of the aircraft featured in the popular 1986 movie "Top Gun". He wrote,

"My LEGO Grumman F-14D Tomcat model has 1,644 parts, costs $350 & has 40 points of articulation. Took a month to design on LEGO Digital Designer. Check out more detailed pics & my other models on MOC Pages: http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/250020 ."

There, you will find a link to the LDD .lxf Building Instructions file. :thumbup: Using LDD Manager, I made a PDF Parts List document available on MegaUpload here.

On MOCpages, Joshua Ciesielski wrote,

"This is my greatest creation, 1,644 pieces or 4 lbs of LEGO. Been wanting to do this one for a while but my "skills" weren't up to the task. As all your comments keeped my F-35B Lightning II on MOC's home page for over a week, it made sit down & try. It has 40! points of articulation, 2 more than my F-35B. The main landing gear was the hardest to enginer (about 2 weeks), for the gear doors close just like the real plane. The swing wings were actually easy, & the mechanism that allows both wings to swing actually worked the first time (luck).

I think this is one of the best LEGO F-14s (except for Mad Physicist [Ralph_S on Eurobricks]. If you're not familiar with him, check out his models on Flickr. NO ONE makes better LEGO vehicles)."

1308528000m_DISPLAY.jpg1308528025m_DISPLAY.jpgTop+Gun.jpg Edited by DLuders