WesternOutlaw

WILD WEST: Good Western Figs

We were discussing set 1380 Werewolf Ambush and Brick Miner mentioned that the lady from this set makes a good western minifig. It got me thinking, what other figs are nice additions to the WW theme?

I have two, both from Adventurer sets:

The first is most obvious because of the white cowboy hat, Senor Polomar contained in sets: 5936, 5976, and 5986.

Senor_Palomar_small.jpg

And another great fig is Mike from Mike's Swamp Boat. I love his sling shot!

Mike_small.jpg

The lady from Werewolf Ambush that BM mentioned:

Lady2_small.jpg

Share your thoughts re. figs that work great for the WW theme.

Harry Potter has a lot of good ones too:

hp039.gif

hp048.jpg

hp070.jpg

hp049.jpg

hp045.jpg

hp023.jpg

Just lose the capes on these ones:

hp028.gif

hp029.gif

hp018.gif

hp011.jpg

And these guys have good torsos:

hp078.gif

hp079.jpg

And spiderman has a few good ones too:

spd024.jpg

spd022.jpg

spd017.jpg

spd004.jpg

I'm sure there are more, but that's all I feel like doing now,

Steve

I'll have to second the spiderman and adventurers nominations...

God Bless,

Nathan

hmmm... Brickster mentioned some good ones.

and i agree with Athos on these (in fact, i used two of them in my Gunsligners Saloon MOC)...

hp039.gif

hp028.gif

hp029.gif

hp018.gif

hp011.jpg

hp078.gif

hp079.jpg

spd004.jpg

but im not sure about the rest... they are too modern for 1865-1890 (pin-stripes look too 1900's).

penguin and alfred are two other really good torsos that i have mentioned before...

alfred

penguin

--------------------------------------------------

this is one reason i love customizing the western theme so much... thanks to Adventurers, Harry Potter and the Batman themes we have tons of options *y*

- BrickMiner

Nice selection Athos. This would make a good western dress (just need to loose that hat):

hp049.jpg

I've got a few of the HP figs that I've used for the first version of Ghost Town. They do make some great WW figs.

I esp. like this one. In what set does he appear?

hp070.jpg

Oh, I considered using Alfred too, but I'm not sure about the Penguin??? I suppose it would make a good bartender. We could call him Shorty.

Nice selection Athos. This would make a good western dress (just need to loose that hat):

hp049.jpg

hmmm... again, im not sure about this one... as i understand, women in the old west dressed very proper... i dont' see this one at all...

does anyone have an examlpe of the use of this torso and dress in a western custom fig... i'd like to see if someone pulled it off !!!

i guess you could make a begger... but beggers aren't a very common theme in the old west. id much rather have a saloon girl ;-)

hp070.jpg
and this guys jacket looks mid 20th centery, not 19th...

however, i could be wrong ;-)

Oh, I considered using Alfred too, but I'm not sure about the Penguin??? I suppose it would make a good bartender. We could call him Shorty.
and penguin doesn't have to be a shorty... just switch his legs ;-) id switch his head too... that way he dosen't look like the penguin, just a well dressed (and slightly chubby) rail road tycoon.

- BrickMiner

I esp. like this one. In what set does he appear?

hp070.jpg

He comes in the Harry Potter horntail set.

Steve

hp070.jpg

Yup, he's not strictly western, but works perfectly well for western/victorian steampunk.

Yup, he's not strictly western, but works perfectly well for western/victorian steampunk.
ok, i could see him, if you are mixing themes... especially with some type of sci-fi (like steampunk) where technology (and possibly fashion) are advanced beyond the 1800's.

then the only problem is the ligh-flesh opening on the torso... sure you could replace the head with yellow to fit the rest of your western theme, but you could never get rid of the licensed disease altogether :-D

however, a bandana could fit that ;-)

--------------------------------------------------

as for more figs and torsos...

the Dr. Lightning/Kilroy torso and head also make good townpeople or store owners...

Dr. Lightning

Dr. Kilroy - green vest

Dr. Kilroy - dark gray suit (looks very much like the sheriff torso ;-) )

and of course Max Villano makes a great bandit...

max villano

and if you are going to build a western train... the other Max is a must !!!

Engineer Max

X-D

- BrickMiner

Hey,

Some further torsos:

Johnny Thunder, as just a random cowboy:

adv010.gif

Scarecrow (very usefull as . .. a scarecrow):

bat016.gif

Various women to occupy the town brothel:

cas097.gifcas122.gifpi058.giffbr003.gif

Some of the pirate torsos are generic enough that they would do fine:

pi048.gifpi037.gif

From SW, Han and Skiff Han are also pretty generic torsos, good for WW, as are Cloud City Luke and the Rebel Technician:

sw045.gifsw015.gifsw103.gifsw030.gif

John Furman used the Sandman as a bandito torso in a zorro layout, and you could also use the Jawa:

sw052.gifsw141.gif

and this guy from the Studios Monsters line:

hrf002.gif

Bruce

Good selection. I would never have thought of using a jawa. The torso would make a good Bandito. Would have to change the head though.

And the new Indiana hat has endless possibilities.

But not for our Brick Miner. We'll never see that fedora in one of those excellently photoshoped LEGO boxart imitations solely because it's a slightly more red shade of brown. :-P

But not for our Brick Miner. We'll never see that fedora in one of those excellently photoshoped LEGO boxart imitations solely because it's a slightly more red shade of brown. :-P

I doubt that. A good piece is a good piece.

:-D i think 007 knows me very well... i don't like mixing the "replacement colors" into traditional themes.

- BM

:-D i think 007 knows me very well... i don't like mixing the "replacement colors" into traditional themes.

- BM

Pity... perhaps sometime it'll be released in black, so then you can use it. ;-)

Pity... perhaps sometime it'll be released in black, so then you can use it. ;-)

My thoughts exactly. I can't wait to use the new piece in a Wild West creation (regardless of color). But I'm sure it will pop up in another color sooner or later.

and the studio gent i had mention in this thread. though, im yet to find a good matching head. i mean, the suit is great... but i don't care for the head... he needs some facial hair ;-)

I made a decent (IMO) western banker fig with that suit. Clicky.

We were discussing set 1380 Werewolf Ambush and Brick Miner mentioned that the lady from this set makes a good western minifig. It got me thinking, what other figs are nice additions to the WW theme?

I have two, both from Adventurer sets:

The first is most obvious because of the white cowboy hat, Senor Polomar contained in sets: 5936, 5976, and 5986.

Senor_Palomar_small.jpg

And another great fig is Mike from Mike's Swamp Boat. I love his sling shot!

Mike_small.jpg

The lady from Werewolf Ambush that BM mentioned:

Lady2_small.jpg

Share your thoughts re. figs that work great for the WW theme.

i think that the blue flannel shirt in the set werewolf attack is a good WW body

Edited by canadianD

i think that the blue flannel shirt in the set werewolf attack is a good WW body

Yes - I used it in my Grave Stone Cemetary as Hank Austin, the Caretaker's assistant. That's a good one.

6.jpg